"The droid we seek is aboard the millennium falcon, in the hands of your father, Han Solo."

"The droid we seek is aboard the millennium falcon, in the hands of your father, Han Solo."

Could the movie have fucked up this reveal any more?

>not even halfway into the movie
>Snoke says his name as if Kylo wouldn't remember what his father's name was
>nothing is even happening in this scene

It's like the movie COULDN'T WAIT to tell us who Kylo Ren was AND assumed the audience was fucking retarded. Through the process of elimination, once he says "in the hands of your father" any moron could figure out that he was talking about Han Solo. With a few alterations it could have been a lot better.

>"in the hands of your father Han Solo" becomes "in the hands of Han Solo."
>cut out Han's line "Leia, I saw our son" and just leave it at "Leia, I saw him" and add a line like "he was here just minutes ago" or some shit like that.
>let Han's line "the face of my son" be the reveal, OR let Leia's line "Luke's a jedi. You're his father" be the reveal.

I know i'm not the only one who literally feels insulted by the way this movie conducted this big reveal so quickly and casually. Meme me if you must Sup Forums but you know this shit is the truth.

catering to the lowest common denominator vs. the passionate fan who's read every EU book

hm lets see

you don't have to be a passionate fan to be able to use the process of elimination.

>Han
>Chewie
>Finn
>Rey
>BB-8
one of these is the father of a grown human man. do I need to spell it out for you?

Your version is too complicated for average viewer. I agree that, at the very least, they should have removed the Han Solo part of that line.

Tfa was a dumb remake of anh

I agree OP. It didn't do much for me and I never really cared too much for anything past ROTJ.

I agree. The reveal hits at a very bad moment. The face reveal of Kylo to Rey was also weak.

Hey, guys! You know what could have made the prequels\TFA better? If they weren't shit. Yeah, thanks. That's all I had to say.

>not meant to be a big deal reveal
>WAHH THE REVEAL WASN'T LARGE

So you're glad the movie did what it set out to do?

No?

You're mad?

Because you don't know how to watch a fucking movie?

They gave enough blatant hints up until this point, you'd have to be retarded to think this was a reveal

It's the nigger isn't it?

I agree with your point as well. Kylo's face reveal was basically

>you're a scary monster
>NUH-UH I'M A PERSON LIKE YOU I'LL PROVE IT SEE???

Nice bait.

Remember how shitty the original trilogy was?
>"he is the son of Skywalker."
>"b-but how?"
Why would Vader and Palpatine talk about Vader in the third person?

>The main villain of this movie is Han and Leia's son
>Not meant to be a big deal reveal
Nice bait, user.

that would have been really shitty if they tried to turn it into a big dramatic twist

but it very clearly wasn't meant to be a big reveal, you goose

That's not how the dialogue went, but you knew that already.

The original trilogy establishes that Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker are symbolically 2 different people. Even Vader believes that he literally became a different person when he was christened Darth Vader. It's kind of silly but at least it's an excuse.

It is a big reveal by default. There is no way to reasonably make it a casual reveal. They certainly make a big deal out of it later when he kills Solo.

>There is no way to reasonably make it a casual reveal.
Sure there is. Watch the movie and you'll see it. Hence why we're in a thread right now complaining that it was treated casually.

Oh no, I realize the movie made it a casual reveal, but it didn't do it reasonably, as it was fucking retarded.

okay

Tell that to Han's snapped neck.

Because its a childrens movie

Then why aren't their parents buying the blu-Ray?

I'm pretty convinced Lucas didn't even know Vader and Leia were Skywalkers before he made the sequels.

who is this fuckin weirdo anyway?

you want quality in trash made for children and beta males

nice bait

It's not intended as a big reveal. When Vader reveals he's Luke's father it's a big reveal because Luke doesn't know yet. In this movie both Han and Kylo know the truth. There is no point in turning it into an epin twist. Hell it's kinda obvious from the start when Max Von Sydow says "you cannot deny the truth that is your family".

Fucking people on this board pretending to be too retarded for these movies baka

I personally didn't mind the timing, but all your dialogue changes I agree with. I know I know, these movies are for kids but that doesn't mean you have to spoon feed exposition into the mouths of the attending audience.

I like the fact that they're moving away from the paternal revelation trope, but there's no celebration and no cliffhanger at the end of the movie.

>It's like the movie COULDN'T WAIT
on several accounts
>Hey name dropping Luke
>Hey the Falcon!
>Hey Han and Chewie!
>Hey Luke's lightsaber fro,m Bespin somehow!
>Hey Leia!
>Hey C-3PO!

This is how the movie went on and on and on. it was nothing but fan service so of course they're just going to be throwing out names and references. So in this case when you need to create tension you treat same audience as dummies and try to force crisis early on to get them thinking.The only cameo I was surprised to see was Ackbar.

they didn't really have a choice on the character reveals. they have to be there and they have to spend a decent amount of time on screen or else the fans would have been pissed. Luke is a different story.

They had a hard on for all the OT characters. Half of Rey's character is fangirling about how amazing it is she is talking to han or luke or leia or on the millenium falcon.

I get Leia being 'universally' famous but is it even reasonable that plebs would know who Luke or Han are?

They're all gone in a blink though, except for Han... The characters don't even talk about what Luke's been doing, and the Order doesn't make any demands... so they can't talk about the antagonist either.

Considering they both made General Rank and was in several key battles, it's safe to most people should know who they are.

Are you fucking serious? Most people are complete idiots. They didn't even realise that Kylo Ren was wounded when he fought Rey and Finn or that he toyed with Finn during their fight.
Sadly, you do have to spoon feed most Star Wars fans.

I think it's because pain fuels the Dark Side (that's why he was punching his side), which should've made him stronger.

Wasn't that a hologram? How can he cast a shadow if he was communicating that way?
Oh, and I gave up on the whole franchise after watching this movie. Fuck you Jew Jew Abrams