Really makes you think

Really makes you think...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uti2niW2BRA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_mining
cleantechnica.com/2016/05/12/lithium-mining-vs-oil-sands-meme-thorough-response/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

think about how there's a big fucking hole where nobody gives a shit if there's a big fucking hole?

and that an oil well doesn't pollute its immediate surroundings? of course not, it's not on fire yet, dumb shit.

if you want to win this argument look into the costs of building all the parts of a Prius all over the world and shipping them internationally using shitty container ships with absolutely no pollution regulation

>this is what Americans actually believe...

Top mine is a copper mine. Lithium is made with salts and processing them

>being this retarded

The real problem with the oil sands isn't the oil sands site itself, but the pipeline delivering the crude oil to refineries. Those pipelines are imperfect and oil inevitably spills into natural environments.

i hope you are just baiting nigga

the batteries electric vehicles and other equipment need is by itself far more environmentally harmful than fossil fuels. Not to mention that the components needed to make them are far more scarce than fossil fuels, less than 1% of the world's driving population would have an electric vehicle before we ran out of materials.

>Oil spills into the enviroments man!
>Muh precious babby birds an otters
>Implying

Where the fuck does oil come from dipshit? Do you really think nature can't deal with shit that's been erupting from the ground millions of years before humans even existed?

>less than 1% of the world's driving population would have an electric vehicle before we ran out of materials
Citation? Also that isn't a lithium mine, it is a copper mine. The trouble with lithium batteries isn't the environmental impact of gathering lithium or the manufacturing of the battery. It is, by far, the improper handling of spent batteries.

they dont cause earthquakes nor poison the water supply.

If we could properly recycle them it would be a good system

Lol this is an oilsand site in alberta.

It can in small amounts, over millions of years.

A lot of toxic chemicals are used in mining which are spoiled into the soil.

Oil is already in the ground so by your retarded logic the ground is already polluted... making oil extraction a good thing.

Tbh, the mine is in buttfuck nowhere desert land. Nobody lives there. The oil plant is surrounded by kush forests, but the impact isn't CAUSED by the oil plant, it's caused by the oil itself once it's been transported out and used for whatever. Look deeper than an image macro.

nowhere near civilization

oil is extracted through a process called fracking
it causes major harm to the environment by contaminating nearby water sources

here is a nice little video explaining it for you dumb niggers
youtube.com/watch?v=Uti2niW2BRA

it is far more dangerous to the environment to use fracking to power cars than to dig up a huge hole where wild life doesn't even go to.

Yeah but near wildlife though.

>linking climate propaganda video's
The government and scientists have already confirmed fracking is safe and works very well.

what are you going to do when the oil runs out?

There are other ways to do it and in certain countries fracking is illegal leaving them to use coal. Germany is a good example of this.
however it is more expensive to use other methods since fracking is a good method to find oil it can fuck with the environment.

citation

i dont care if its bait

>Global warming is about the kill off every single living being in the next 100 years
>Better whine about some batteries, which can be handled pretty easily

'murica

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_mining
There are enough articles on it, don't feel like linking one but read this it is a better summary.

>The government and scientists have already confirmed fracking is safe and works very well

>when you have this much cock in your mouth you can't think strait.

what are you going to do when the oil runs out?

1. Oil is underground. What were you expecting to see?
2. Mines look like that. The lithium can be reused and repurposed.
3. There is no useful comparison here, although you think there is. Is that the only mine or are there millions? That makes a big difference.
4. Extracting a barrel of petroleum from "oilsands" takes almost a barrel worth of energy.
5. Batteries are reusable and the lithium is recyclable. They don't burn batteries for combustion.

Everything runs out eventually, we will have enough oil for the near future though because of fracking.

you dont know that

>Lithium is made with salts
you still have to mine the pegmatites and minerals that contain the lithium before you can process it

I indeed don't, but geologists do, they came up whith this theory. Just like the total size of lithium deposits are estimated.

THORIUM

I couldn't give a shit about pollution.
I just want a better option, one that influences new technology. We really can't improve fossil fuel engines any further.
Lets see a fossil fuel engine get out of our solar system... much less, support life-support systems. It literally can't fucking happen.

Can someone confirm this is actually a copper mine and if so is a dumbass who can't admit his post sucks.

Lol this is a rare earth processing site in China. It refines and produces the elements used to make the motors and magnets for electric cars and windmills, cells for solar panels, and the components in your smartphones.

It's out of sight, hidden from first-world eyes.

I never said that it's NOT a copper mine

Looks cool 2bh

Lol

its actually a copper mine

facebook propaganda debunked

maybe op should go back there

cleantechnica.com/2016/05/12/lithium-mining-vs-oil-sands-meme-thorough-response/

its over