SON OF A SON
SON OF A SON OF A SAILOR

hi dad
how are you liking Sup Forums

WHY DON'T WE GET DRUNK AND SCREW??

MOTHERFUCKING BOAT DRINKS

Nothing wrong with listening to Jimmy Buffett

LET'S SEE FAT OL BRIAN WILSON DO THIS

>Jimmy Buffett (born in Mississippi, but raised in Alabama) has concocted a hybrid of singer-songwriter, comedian, romantic individualist, eccentric and drunkard. He has dedicated his career to the sea.

> After moving to Florida, Buffett founds his mission in life. His first masterpiece was A White Sport Coat & A Pink Crustacean (Dunhill, 1973), that contains colloquial vignettes such as Great Fillin' Station Holdup and They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More, and Death Of An Unpopular Poet, the first of a long gallery of nostalgic and ironic characters that express his humane but detached view of life and the world: Lord Buckley's God's Own Drunk on Living & Dying in 3/4 Time (Dunhill, 1974), that also contains the catchy Come Monday, Pirate Looks At Forty and Life Is Just A Tire Swing on A1A (Dunhill, 1974); Livingston Saturday Night on Rancho Deluxe (United Artists, 1975) Havana Daydreaming on Havana Daydreamin' (ABC, 1976), which also contains the bizarre My Head Hurts My Feet Stink; and the most famous of them all, the ode to laziness and relaxation Margaritaville, on Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes (ABC, 1977), which also contains Changes In Attitudes. His style slowly mutated into a quirky Carabbean honky-tonk (i.e., colored with elements of reggae, salsa and calypso).

>Cheeseburger in Paradise, Cowboy In The Jungle, African Friend and Son Of A Son Of A Sailor make Son Of a Son Of a Sailor (ABC, 1978) one of his best.

Savannah Fare You Well is my favorite piece by Buffett

Fins up faggots

NIBBLIN ON SPONGECAKE

-

i would guess Sup Forums hates him, and he is pretty commercial, but if you can't enjoy listening to buffet while relaxing in good weather with a drink in hand then you don't know how to enjoy life

Jimmy Buffet is better than Bob Dylan

Dude's a huge raging leftard, as "Banana Republics" demonstrates.

I never listened to a full album by him but my mom/her old bf used to play 5 o clock cheeseburgers etc and I grew to despise him after hearing those songs all the time

OFFICIAL TIMES WHEN IT WAS OK TO LISTEN TO JIMMY BUFFET POWER RANKING

1. In the 1970s if you were a stoner frat boy
9001. Any other time

If Led Zeppelin and Grateful Dead are dadrock, then Jimmy Buffet is grandma rock.

Wasn't he from the same era as Zeppelin though?

kys

youtube.com/watch?v=6PwoN0SlrSc

this micro cover of Margaritaville that Malkmus did for Flaked wasn't bad

Seriously, he was the Dave Matthews of my dad's generation.

That pretty much says it all. And what it says is he and the people who listen to his music should be euthanized.

My favorite song is "I Wish I Was A Mermaid"

Except my dad wasn't a frat boy so he wasn't into Jimmy Buffet. He said frat boys in college usually became CEOs or something.

He promotes racemixing in his most famous song so that's a no from me