Rude

The one without those goddamn email scenes

Disney's Captain America: Civil War, produced by Marvel Studios

Definitely Civil War.

Different fanbase

What can't I like them both equally?

In what way?

Just kidding, it's Civil War.

Because one is objectively better directed and written than the other.

The one without Martha.

they are both bad. these movies suck. i like good, tight, self-contained movies. not this sprawling schlock.

Civil War is objectively better done but it bored me to death while I absolutely loved BvS, Battfleck was awesome.

BvS

BvS, it's a more aquired taste, while CW is more of a crowdpleaser

What a jerk

I enjoyed them both.

That being said, I'd most likely watch BvS again over Civil War.

I went into BvS expecting it to be horrible based on the reviews and what people were saying on Sup Forums, but turned out to be way better.

With Civil War, I expected a generic Marvel flick but slightly better and that's what I got.

jesus fucking christ
civil war is like one of the best capeshit there is, and bvs is a fucking mess
it's not even worth discussing over
bvs is a fucking trainwreck, get over it

Civil War had very poor buildup to the actual fight between Captain America and Iron Man, or any of the Avengers for that matter. There was never any hint that they were having so much animosity towards each other that they were ready to start throwing punches and potentially killing each other. Tony Stark went full retard when he saw the video of the Winter Soldier killing Bucky, and on top of that the whole plot revolved around the brainwashing contrivance which I already hated anyway. Not to mention that the movie had to spell out and loudly broadcast every single plot point and theme that was happening.

Pretty much the movie's saving graces were that Black Panther had the one and only good character arc, and Spider-man was just about perfect and I loved every scene he was in.

Batman V Superman was a much darker and more thematic movie. They gave adequate buildup to show why Batman wanted to kill Superman, and they trusted the audience, for better or worse, to be intelligent enough to dissect the movie's character moments and themes on their own. What Civil War does with a quip-filled monologue, Dawn of Justice was able to do with a brooding stare, and do it better.

I like both. Personally prefer BvS because i'm a batfag and i love the presentation, but CW has more coherence and you know more the characters.

Yea I truly felt like I was being treated with intelligence when the movie treated me to a series of teaser trailers and failed to appropriately even integrate one character to set up her own movie when Civil War not only set up one very well with the intention of introducing him for his own movie but had many more all with well thought out motivation. You're either contrarian or insane. A character flaw is not a flaw of a movie, and their fight was very well handled and its clear none of them are trying to murder each other contrary to what your post would potentially lead someone to believe had they not seen the movie. Right after it two of them even apologize because its a feud between friends and not a death match. There are so many characters in Civil War it speaks to how well handled it is that almost all of them are still good characters with opinions and motivations of their own, and even the worst of them are still better than the three main characters of Batman v Superman.

It is baffling to me how a movie with so little characters in comparison is somehow longer and so much of a clusterfuck when the plot shouldn't even be as complicated as it is for literally no reason. The only character who has any motivation at all is Batman, and even his scenes just like everyone elses go really fast then abruptly cut away to something else at a brisk pace. Both movies feature bombings of government buildings and figures but only one has the bomber place a jar of piss there. Zemo has so little screen time in comparison to Lex yet the quality of his writing and mystique of his character is so much better it is honest just baffling. Your post treats Batman v Superman like an immensely more mature alternative yet it's the one that ends with the tired plot of a superhero fight turned team up by the way of a laughable final boss who is nothing more than a mindless dumb monster with no character or motive of it's own.

They are both garbage dumps disguised as a movie.

Civil War

Cause Sup Forums is black and white with this shit.

>bvs

Yes it has flaws, but I genuinely enjoyed it more

I'm with this guy,

Civil War was probably the last movie I'll every watch from Marvel until Deadpool 2 comes out. It's not shit, it's just meh. I'm not even hipster and it still feels too mainstream while trying please the broadest audience with obligatory this and that. It feels like a movie for teens and birthday parties.

BvS was grimdark, which i love, and had the typical Zack Snyder cinematography which is also love. The fight scenes are fucking sick. Superman is clearly overpowered as fuck, but Batman still feels super heavy and badass in his tanky armor. There are some shit scenes in the movie, like the muh martha scene, but i still had more fun watching this than CW. I can't recall any fight scene in any Marvel movie that beats Wonder woman going to town on Doomsday.
That shit was g o a t.

I don't know, I only saw Civil War.

You dont like Civil War for feeling too mainstream but your reasoning for liking Batman v Superman more amounts to hella f*ckin epic bro

BVS for me personally. There's a 10/10 movie in there beyond the botched editing and in spite of this the quality shines through

Civil war was good but it's like candyfloss, nothing of substance and honestly I've forgotten all about it, it doesn't leave you with anything to talk about

CW by a longshot, but CW is still immensely overrated and not as good as TWS

Yeah you're right that sounds retarded. I got sick of typing, cant be arsed to make a full review on Sup Forums of a movie i watched weeks ago.

But that's also the thing. I watched these movies weeks ago and the only one i feel good thinking about is BvS. I wish i waited for the blu-ray torrent for CW.

>best

Honestly die

I dont blame you for having your taste and liking movies based on what appeals to you. But yea it does sound dumb.

Civil War by fucking miles, it's not even close.

He's right

>nothing of substance and honestly I've forgotten all about it, it doesn't leave you with anything to talk about
this

I have the same feelings after Civil War like i had after watching Battleship. Yeah it was neat but the next day i could barely remember anything.

>battleship

DCucks are absolutely embarrassing

CW
Sorry DC fanboys.
Maybe don't pick an allegiance to a company at all.

Zemo a shit. Easily one of the worst MCU villains. They spent the whole movie building up towards a final boss fight with a bunch of winter soldiers, and then "nope, I'm just gonna make you guys fight each other, again." I will forget about him in a week.

Batman V Superman shoved its character teasers into one scene because it wanted to keep the rest of the movie focused on Batman and Superman. In Civil War, Black Panther and Spider-Man end up the movie's saving grace because they make the rest of the movie look stale and tired by comparison. The movie is called "Captain America" but he gets lost in what's supposedly his own movie.

And you say Superman doesn't have any motivation. How about not being a fascist as his motivation? He is genuinely conflicted about becoming an authoritarian with no accountability. In Civil War, Captain America and Iron Man are both authoritarians, with the only real difference being that Captain America doesn't want to be a stooge working for the UN, and they had to use something as blatant as a grieving mother shoving her dead son's photo in Tony's face to convey any sense of loss to the violence in the last movie. That is about as lazy as storywriting comes. With Batman, we actually saw the buildings come down from his perspective, and that is more powerful than any tell-off monlogue that the Russos could have written.

Yea, thats why no one is talking about it and all the reviews call it mediocre or forgettable. Popularity is not always right, im not saying its right, but if your opinion is only being perpetuated but a few people on literally only one website and outside of that no one else agrees with you, ever, its probably wrong.

The only post in here that bespeaks that level of "brand loyalty" is

>Batman V Superman shoved its character teasers into one scene because it wanted to keep the rest of the movie focused on Batman and Superman.
Fuck it, i'm done lol
Fans of this movie are fucking delusional, there is no discussion to be had here.

Civil War is a better movie, but have to admit it but I'm already so tired of Marvel formula

BvS has the best action scenes by default since in CW they decided shakycam filming legs was the way to go...
CW has the best story by default since BvS has no fucking story at all and the characters' motivations do not make any sense.

CW is currently the best movie. BvS could be better once the director's cut is released.

But the truth is that they are both huge shit, and if you like any of them then you're an idiot with low standard and poor taste.

A poorly constructed sentence, just like Bvs

What formula?

Explain the formula and how its followed then.

>They spent the whole movie building up towards a final boss fight with a bunch of winter soldiers, and then "nope, I'm just gonna make you guys fight each other, again
That was infinitely better?
That would be a meaningless mook fight. Yeah why didn't they fight an army of grey robots again?
Why was it about characters and different equally understandable motivations instead of just some evil I wouldn't think about who to root for

Never write a movie
Never have any influence on anything please. For the love of god you are cancer.

>liking movies based on what appeals to you
Like everyone ever.

Anyway I'm out of time here. BvS was fun because it's a fresh breath in the capeshit clusterfuck, while CW felt like a kids movie. I cannot fathom why people aren't fucking sick of the whole Marvel universe after all these movies.

Quips and goofs in between prolonged dodgy quick cut action scenes leading to a finale with no consequences

>They spent the whole movie building up towards a final boss fight with a bunch of winter soldiers
Did you forget at the beginning when he's interrogating the hydra operative. He didn't give a fuck about Hydra. In fact he hated them. They intentionally played with your expectations. So complaining about the film doing what was intended is stupid.

Thats not a formula in any way

>marvel shitposters
i think bvs > cw and there is nothing you can do you stop me

It was a no-win situation. Both climaxes would have been shit, and the bait-and-switch does not make a shitty premise for a climax any less shitty.

zemo is literally the best mcu villain so far
his plans weren't completely comical or stupid like most supervillains and he was very sympathetic.

I don't care

Having a bunch of winter soldiers was ultimately an extraneous plot detail that didn't matter at all. They could have had any McGuffen they wanted and it wouldn't have changed the plot or the climax at all.

BvS will only be remembered to laugh at how awful it was.

>27%

There is no "would have been" what he described is what actually happened and for that reason its a well thought out finale instead of an action shitfest with an empty threat like Doomsday. This way its about the characters and how they feel about each other rather than teaming up to fight a nameless enemy, which is apparently what you want. His plan was to make the heroes kill each other, not try to kill them which would not have worked as he specified. Using soldiers to try and kill them is immensely more stupid but yea if you prefer Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman vs Doomsday I can see why you would think a stupid shitfest final boss battle would make for a better movie because you're just an idiot.

I still like the ending they went with and it is so much better than whatever you were describing.

Please just promise me that you will never write a movie or a book

His plan was stupid because he was basically counting on the writers working in his favor. What if Tony Stark did not throw all sense of rationality and reason out the window by getting "triggered?" They are asking the audience to accept the climax on the premise that deep down, Tony is a revenge-thirsty killer who doesn't actually care about justice, and he has been hiding it for the last however many Marvel flicks.

Its the crux of the entire reason the fight happens at the airport. Saying it could have been replaced with anything else is wrong to an extent because the point is it ties to Bucky's past and that's why it's relevant. If you don't see that somehow, not like it's complicated, you're retarded.

I agree 100%. Well said user. Just remember that not everyone understand that a movie is first and foremost a visual medium that tells it's story though imagery. Some people need subtitles and a glow-in-the-dark handbook to understand what's happening.

But it's still transparently contrived.

But the existence of Zemo brings many problems.
How can a person with almost no terrorism or tactical experience do so much damage on an international level ? Bombing buildings, killing a King etc without being caught ?This guy was just a normal family man during Avengers 2.
What's the purpose of having super heroes or super villain if a simple dude can wreck shit on the whole earth ?

CW was overall the better movie, but not a fucking 9.8 - 2.8 better. I'd say it was about a 1.5 better, and just because spiderman and ant man where in it.

>reviews

>transparently contrived.
How was it contrived in any way.
It was clear in winter soldier that he killed tony's parents. This was just revealing it at the worst possible time for everyone.

Also zemo was working the whole movie to get that fucking tape.
He wanted to destroy the avengers and he basically did.

he was on the military

I'll remember it as the movie where everyone went on the hate bandwagon because they couldn't make up their own opinion.

I didn't expect CW to do worse than BvS with a 91% on rotten tomatoes. Guess capeshit is finally dying

Batman v Superman was a better film but overall Civil War is a more accessible film to be honest.

Contrived isn't an insult, it was Zemo's plan so yes therefor it is contrived by him to happen. That's just stating a fact, its not a criticism.

See this is how I know you're the same person, probably. Because everything you have wrong with Zemo seems to stem from the idea that you want meaningless dumb action when his plan was intimate and personal, based on actual characters. He actually was caught in the end and I would assume the purpose was to tell an interesting story about heroes fighting each other orchestrated by a man who's life they accidentally ruined. Zemo was actually in the military to, not just some guy. I simply cant wrap my head around the idea that anyone is so retarded that they think merely because he didn't cause a big final battle or have super powers he is bad.

wasn't he german or something? They are naturally evil.

Ha yes I forgot that.
Welp, time for the Shield to blacklist all ex-military faggots with 90+ IQ.

That's what makes it so contrived. Steve could have(and would have) told Tony beforehand. They basically turned him into a plot-driven character. If he's been willing to keep the truth from him for months, why does he decide it's a good idea at that precise moment to admit he knew and send Tony even further over the edge?

It's stupid and contrived.

t. youtube nerd culture commentator

>wrong opinion

wew

Isn't it glorious

BvS

wew lad

No I'm the one you were discussing too.
I liked Zemo's plan and character. He did not got caught at the end, it was more him not giving a fuck and not wanting to live anymore.
People who expected an epic battle with 10+ winter soldiers are retarded. And it would have been bad since the only way for Cap, Bucky, Iron Man and Black dude to win such a desperate fight would be a deus ex machina of some sort like Hulk showing at the last second.

I just got back from CW and I thought it was fucking cape kino. Still haven't see BvS tho

I mean I'm not the one you were talking too.

BvS, by miles. Actually had me invested and wondering what's going to happen in the next movie, instead of how CW just swept everything under the carpet.

I agree with you but its still kinda lame how they just "died in their sleep" or something.

Friendly reminder that we're supposed to feel great shock over Rhodey's paralysis when we saw they already have the technology to build an entirely synthetic being from scratch.

Protip: The Vision is not a robot.

Patriciantip: This is how stupid the writers assume you are.

They're very different tbqh, but I think BvS was better overall.

I'd still pick Civil War over BvS if I'm going to watch it with friends, but if I'm watching it by myself, then BvS.

kek

This.

BvS by a small margin

They're both meh as fuck that diluted the stories they were inspired by down to the "cool" bits but missed all the nuance and world building that made the original stories good

None of them are great movies. Civil War is the more solid flick overall. BvS was an un-focused mess, though I must say that the best parts of BvS, which was Batfleck and the fight scene between him and Superman, was better than anything in CW.

oh look, Sup Forums being contrarian again lol

>audience prefers Civil War
>critics prefer Civl War
>guaranteed billion for Civil War
>Sup Forums: hmm I think I like BvS more lol

DKEKS LOOOOOOL

Where was Thor, Hulk, etc during Civil War? Why did the main teams consist of the B listers?

Civil War was the better movie...by far