/PROD/

ITS COLD edition.

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for posting WiPs
No one gives a shit about your soundcloud, so don't post it unless specifically asked to.

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff:
pastebin.com/QXRCaVsZ

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki/Sup Forumssic_Production_Wiki

/prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go to rizon.net/chat
Choose a nick, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!
Or you can get a lightweight desktop client here hexchat.github.io/downloads.html

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/42a43gtd
clyp.it/ik1eod30
clyp.it/ljfn5fwu
youtube.com/watch?v=eIJnJUFacSg
moogmusic.com/products/clothing/moog-model-15-hoodie
clyp.it/x10n2yxp
splice.com/airborn89/airborn---apex-original-mix
clyp.it/ywnkjux0
clyp.it/z2viqwmm
clyp.it/szng3sr4
clyp.it/xagnpwsp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

clyp.it/42a43gtd
>House / EDM wip

Does the lead on this sound good? How do I change it up a bit? Overall is it worth continuing?

What are the best monitor speakers???
I'm torn between JBL LSR305 and Vanatoo T1

>working on the same track for over a month

Fuck my ass this is getting annoying. normally I kick a tune out in a couple of days. I would normally give up by now but I did that with the last tune I was working on as well.

Yea or neigh?

Gimmick; neigh.

Yeah

Oh shit I'm early.

R8 and h8:
clyp.it/ik1eod30
I have no idea what genre this would be.

Sry m8 i don't like it

well maybe i don't like you

I don't like it either.

I'm sorry m8 really it's just not for me

Since posting this comment, I have started and finished a new tune.
I guess venting here was what I needed.

Yea. It's actually pretty easy to get used to.

>Yea or neigh?
I'll go with the third option. Gay.

I sampled a pokemon soundtrack for a trap beat, I think it's pretty lame clyp.it/ljfn5fwu

Its even worse when you don't have time to actually sit down and work on the track. So you go days thinking about it and what to add just to forget it all when you finally have that one night of producing.

You can't really hear the high part of the track. You need to boost your sample and probs cut out some of the harsher / more resonant frequencies.

This might be a far fetch but, if you had to record an upright piano, but don't have any mics but only your phone, how would you record it to give the best possible sound?

Because that's my situation now, phone and no mics. I just want to record it for sketching down ideas, but I want it to be the best possible quality.

Not sure if this is a /prod/ question, but I dunno where else to ask.

What are the options for standalone beatboxes? like MPCs or any clones, that don't need to be plugged into a PC to work?

it feels like playing the wrist rest of a mousepad

korg electribe sampler is one, octatrack is another. there aren't a whole lot these days, hardware samplers have kind of fallen by the wayside

There's also the sp404/303 and a couple other similar things by Roland/boss. Obviously not as extensive as an MPC but yerr

Yeah, I kinda wondered whether it was a dead medium. I actually thought the Maschine was standalone because people always argue MPC vs Maschine, and it does everything I want but I would rather not have the distraction of having the computer open.

why not grab a vst piano? will probably sound much better than a phone recording

Place the phone near the piano while recording

How the hell do I get a synth noise like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=eIJnJUFacSg
been trying to get this for years

damn, are you an engineer?

i cant into synths enough to tell you about the waveforms and shit, but it sounds like there's some detuning and saturation/distortion and some high end rolloff

That's a rhodes sound and the notes have been drawn into a sequencer.

Scarbee pianos vst

I don't have a midi keyboard and I would rather spend the money on a set of mics ..

Which part of the piano though.

sounds like a yamaha CS-60 or 50
look into the arturia CS-80V, play with the electric piano based presets

this is wrong

not that user, but I've done this before
just set the phone on top of the piano

Take a look at the Yamaha RS7000. It's features include a sequencer, a sampler, an internal synth engine w/ 1054 synth voices & 63 drum-kit sounds, 6 filter types, and effects.

>warm analogue sweatshirts

HAHA wow, placebo much?
their bodies don't actually know the difference if its warm or not, it's just a scam to sell more sweatshirts

sry did not mean to reply

I reeeeally want to get Cubase, but version 9 is right around the corner, right? Do we know for certain that it'll be out early December? Do they usually announce the newest version a couple of days ahead, or do they just release it without saying anything first?

how much are they
somebody got me a Moog theremin shirt once and it's pretty comfy

they are probably 100 dollar since they are from moog. i wnated a coffee cup but they are like 25 bucks

You need to put the phone where the recording meter doesn't clip during the loudest you'll play assuming your phone doesn't have a built in limiter. Or adjust the recording level accordingly.

>$41
not bad

moogmusic.com/products/clothing/moog-model-15-hoodie

>ITS COLD
i wish it was cold its 80 degrees right now

cubase 9 should release in december and they usually do a grace period where you get the next update free if you activate close enough

if you want you can also buy and not activate until you know for sure the grace period is active

Worth continuing?

clyp.it/x10n2yxp

splice.com/airborn89/airborn---apex-original-mix

i uploaded stems for this shit
prog house tehcno something
if you wanna remix go for it

clyp.it/ywnkjux0
>offbeat
>house
>ttng sample
thoughts?
honestly just use that stuttery synth in another track, p much the only thing I like about it

Oh shit dude this is perfect, how did I not know about this

Thanks!

hey,
i'm doing a little live set tomorrow for the first time. is it a good idea to put a limiter on my ableton project's master track? i know that's not the way to do it when mixing but what about playing live?

Very nice! Sounds like the darkpsy that they always play at my local laser tag place for some reason :)

>thoughts?
clyp.it/z2viqwmm

kinda feels like constant buildup to a non-existant drop

Might be a good idea. There's some master racks made especially for live sets

oh, thanks, i'll look into that

Move to a white country.

i got free ableton licence but it has no mono.
what do?

Try a gas chamber maybe? Btw I finally found that modular genocide vst i was looking for! I implemented it asap in my pogrom-combatible daw and applied a kike-filter on it!

thank god, finally

dude u must get so much pussy

post clyp mein fuhrer

Where could I get Nexus for free and not catching zika?

refx is a shit company and their products arent worth pirating or buying

What should I get then? I just want some pianos,synths and all that good stuff. Something that I can turn into chill beats

if you really want it then pirate it but i would get something like omnisphere because it has an actual synth engine

I would just place it in the middle on the bookstand. your phone likely has mono recording so you want it to be central to pick everything up. You might find it might actually be too loud for the phone depending on how loud or soft you play.

clyp.it/szng3sr4

any feedback on this, how's this overall composition?

who semen demon

also how's the high end? I think it's a bit muddy but I was listening to this shit for the whole day so can't be that objective to it

why do I even check these shit threads anymore

B-because...

because how else would you keep up with all the individual people trying to force their own meme of the week, despite none of them catching on?

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS

Advice that isn't a hug box

any books on producing that are must read?

Composition is pretty cool but I just don't like any of the sounds you used apart from the main melody.

Also you should probably add a riser before the "drop" in the middle.

Thanks mate... what do you mean by a riser?

no he souldn't, they're overused as fuck
the white noise filter sweep that's in a god damn million songs

got an email today.

still overpriced at 20% off

Concentration Camp Cookbook, Zyklon B for Dummies - The one solution, the list goes on

I think it's a vintage synth lingo joke. It's a warm analog sweatshirt as opposed to a cold digital sweatshirt.

can anyone here point me in the direction of good pure data tutorials? advanced shit please

what is this

I just bought this, all inputs work, stereo output works, just can't get any output from headphone port. pls help

open the software config and route shit to the headphone port

What's the point?

unquantized pitch control and yet a sort of haptic feedback unlike the haken continuum
I think it feels pretty neat and is a lot of fun, especially with kyma

are you sure it's not just defective?
holy shit lol that would be stupid as hell if you actually had to do that

>stupid as hell
every decent interface has an internal routing/mixing, and the presonus one is actually pretty good and flexible
direct monitoring is pretty important with many i/o

>unquantized pitch control
what?

i didnt say it would be stupid to have internal routing/mixing, you just shouldn't have to do anything in the software to use the headphone out.

Is that the presonus universal control thing? Mine actually isn't pic related, it's a firestudio tube, if that changes anything.
How can I really know for sure? Any troubleshooting, I bought it used off Craigslist and the guy seems to think it's software related but I'm gonna raise hell if it's just broken

it's one click and you can make it the default

>Is that the presonus universal control thing?
yes, it's fine
just route DAW1/2 to the headphones

it should still just be the default lol

I think it is, but since you can store the settings to hardware and he bought it used I think the previous owner changed it

Okay, I think I figured it out kind of. I got it to play through the headphone jack by setting a track's individual output to output 7/8 of my interface. These outputs are the headphone outputs, however, if I switch the output of a track to the default stereo out, it will only play through the main outputs (1 and 2) for monitors. Can I not have the stereo out playing through both 1/2 and 7/8 so that I can just control what I want to hear with the knobs on the front of the interface like you normally would?

you can, read the manual

Like a noise sweep or something else that rises in pitch/frequency. It adds tension to your build-up.

They're overused because they work. You can make non-generic risers.

Either way, that user is clearly still learning and while it's good to experiment, you have to learn the rules before you can break them.

clyp.it/xagnpwsp
How does this sound, /prod/ ?
>Boom bap
>Hip Hop beat

>They're overused because they work
they don't work anymore because they're overused.

This is great, although I think the intro before the bass comes in could be a bit shorter