>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6HOjpWfJbpg
youtube.com/watch?v=IxgY9eEFiYM
clyp.it/ziktu4oy
clyp.it/zuahn4o2
southernmusic.com.au/collections/guitar-accessories/products/dunlop-87n-electric-capo
southernmusic.com.au/collections/guitar-accessories/products/ashton-cp2-bottle-opener-capo
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8KBhnebwE
rondomusic.com/Agile_Septor_727_RN_CP_CF_FLB.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>TFW you realize that Danny Kirwan was the better guitar player in the band.

How do I git gud?

autism

youtube.com/watch?v=6HOjpWfJbpg
youtube.com/watch?v=IxgY9eEFiYM

memorize all the chord shapes on 6th, 5th, and 4th strings

Then learn how functional and sequential harmony works. This applies to metal as well, and other genres where complex harmony is hard to find, so you likely won't be using the extended chord shapes like 9ths and 13ths as block chords, but in lead guitar you will use them in arpeggios.

Depending on what genre you're doing, you should either learn scale shapes, licks, or arpeggios for lead. Preferably all of them.

who /prog thrash/ here

clyp.it/ziktu4oy

any r8 desu

>tfw learned new song on guitar
>decided to learn it out of boredom
>go through the usual anxieties of having difficulties learning the song
>eventually learn it to a decent degree
>don't feel anything after being able to play it

I used to be glad being able to learn something on guitar that was difficult for me. Now I just do it. Where should I go from here?

the song I learned was Spirit by Ghost btw. I learned it 10 minutes ago.

What gauge are your strings?

Isn't creating your own sound and music like the next logical step?

standard 10-46

why?

I do that. But I don't have fun making new music either.

I learned Interstellar Overdrive by ear (the main riff not the circlejerk part). I know it's an easy tune but I'm proud of myself.

Your power chords will sound heavier with thicker gauge strings.

Some good riffs
Not getting much progginess from it though

I'm more of a /melodeath/ guy myself
clyp.it/zuahn4o2

Now this gives me inspiration to keep playing guitar. Great stuff man!

I'm looking for a giggable guitar around the 600 euro mark.. Considering buying a faded SG as I don't give a fuck about finish, As long as the thing works I'll play it. and I'll probably swap the pickups anyways.. Anyone that has had bad experiences with one? It's not going to be my primary guitar, It'll probably end up as a backup within a year because I'm buying a new #1 next summer.

Thanks friend

very impressive

any help with building angular guitar chords? i've got a few wonky ones but i don't know any way to make more of them on my own to give them that math rock sound

still in SOS mode

Good work man. How long you been playing? I figured out the James Bond theme after I had been playing for like a year and a half and I was pretty pleased

do you just not like playing music

I recorded this with faded SG

Think about getting a better amp first. Those Crush amps do not handle dirt pedals that well.

Guys I am thinking about buying a capo but I am unsure as to what to get the closest music store to me has what is shown in the link below and a few others but I am not sure about them, any advice.

southernmusic.com.au/collections/guitar-accessories/products/dunlop-87n-electric-capo
southernmusic.com.au/collections/guitar-accessories/products/ashton-cp2-bottle-opener-capo

could i get a suggestion? I normally just use this for practice and rely on my friends ridiculous orange tube head

>I normally just use this for practice and rely on my friends ridiculous orange tube head
>orange tube head

Well there you go m8, start looking for a tiny terror.

sounds like regular thrash metal to me. But good thrash metal.
maybe add some kinda complex drum playing, even if it's a pain to do it with programed drums

Not only, it has also a lot to do with how you attack the string and how you setup your amp.

>melodeath
>it's death metal with melodies and not gay bland death metal
I like you user. Got any soundcloud/bandcamp or whatever ?

As a good player, Im playing with 8k worth of gear. It doesnt make me happy or better. People hate me even more because of jealousy and I think they are going to try to rob me soon. A gun is something Im adding to my setup soon.

whats your rig friendo

Mesa 90 watt mark V
Marshall Vintage Modern
Running in tandem into two 4x12s
Fulltone tape delay
the real klon
Sonic blue MIM fender strat with gold spun hum canceling pickups

>A gun is something Im adding to my setup soon.

lmao. do what you gotta do.

I fear for my fucking life. I hate Seymour D for talking me into these pickups.

your strat looks nice in my head

Took it apart recently to have a custom made neck fitted

LOOSE JACK user

I fell asleep before you replied. Loctite is a brand, but its what everyone calls thread locker, like the q tip/cotton swab thing. Thread locker is like glue for nuts and bolts, keeps them from coming apart over time from vibration or other movement. A nut driver is a screw driver meant to turn nuts. A nut is that hexagon thing that holds the jack in place. Dont use pliers, youre going to damage the nut. Loctite comes in semi permanent, permanent, and i beleieve one weaker than semi permanent. Get the weakest so when you eventually need to take that jack out you can.

Make sure the back of the jack is held in place so you dont twist the wires and damge them, take the nut off, put a little loctite on the threads(if youre clumsy put masking tape around the area so you dont get loctite on your guitar), put the but back on, tighten it to the point youd have to force it to tighten more(stop at that point, dont be heavy handed), let it set for however long the package says it needs to cure.

can we get some guitar love in here lads, im so glad i started playing guitar and it feels so good to just sit down and play, so satisfying. how do you feel about it

I just started relearning it, I knew a bit some 3-5 years ago, but I forgot a lot of stuff. Feels good to be back. And now I want to learn it properly. I'm probably gonna come back here regularly to help with motivation.

Hey guys, looking at buying a Tiny Terror or a Dark Terror for just bedroom playing (pretty sure I can't settle for the micro versions of either, but if you can encourage either I'm open to suggestions), any suggestions on which way to go? I'm rather torn because I do play clean a lot, however I also love heavy distortion (love Boris especially).

I'm a bit worried about the maintenance a tube amp entails, but I'm told if I take care of everything I don't have to worry about anything typically for about 5 years.

you're never getting a Boris tone out of 20W
unless maybe if you buy twenty of them

I know, but I don't really have $10,000 lying around. If that's what I like, doesn't hurt to go after it right? Or do you think my money would be better spent elsewhere?

Only thing that's made me happy in my post-adolescent life. Gains are addictive, expanding your theoretical knowledge is erudite and satisfying. Good for you that you found guitar, don't let anyone put you down about it. Keep it up guitarbro. Here's to many more years of GAS.

Should I or no?

>6 strings
That's no meme machine

There's a 7 for 100 more desu

I have a good share of mememachines

I started playing in late november 13 years ago. Theres times i dont play as much right now because of work, stress, commitments, etc, but ive never set it down. Longest ill go without playing is a month, but thats rare. Its normally every other day, if even for 10 minutes. Its opened doors for me like nothing else. I appreciate all types of music now, mostly. Not saying i listen to them, but i can hear them and listen attentively. Some of my best friends were just people i knew but through music i developed strong relationships with them.

I dont know what id be doing if i wasnt so involved in music. Probably working and hating life.

Deader than guitar music

stop doing whatever you do RIGHT NOW and post the most fun songs to play

I'll start
>youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8KBhnebwE

>Only thing that's made me happy in my post-adolescent life
same
I'd be one depressed fuck without my guitar

>british band
>only good band members are american

Takeshi plays a Micro Terror so I don't think you'll have much trouble.

Do invest in an actual tube amp sometime though, an Orange Rockerverb, a Matamp or a Sunn Model T should get you there.

So, 8months player here on a shitty chinese nylon guitar and I am able to play most chords and strumming patterns and some fingerstyle. How am I doing? Should I be already able to play some lead guitar and improvise on some scales?

What guitar are you CURRENTLY playing, /gg/?

Forgot pic

None.

I'm at work.

Fug

Want to upgrade from my OE-20 and might buy a PSL20 this weekend, but what are some other guitars between $500 and $700 with that arch in the neck that would be good for someone who plays doom, black metal, and blue grass? Are Mitchels good, I was also looking at schecters and ibanezs

How often should I change my strings? I bought my guitar 2 and a half months ago and the bottom three strings have gotten a bit rusty already

depends. every couple of months is good if you're a bedroom musician. hell you could keep them until they break if you don't give a shit about tone.

I've never ever seen string rusts on any of my instruments. you might want to get a dehumidifier or else you'll have neck problems too.

Be careful with chemical based dehumidifiers and those little dessicant packets. Some can damage fragile finishes on the long run.

My uncle and cousins guitars get that rust, but that's because they have like 30 guitars and aside from the few they play frequently, they haven't been touched in years unless I picked it up. That being said, if you play a guitar frequently, change your strings when you feel you need that fresh crispy tone. So maybe before you record something or jam, play live for something, or maybe every month if you do lessons.

could be a climate thing. I live in a dry location but I have no idea what the people down south have to content with.

They live in california about two hours south of san francisco. I live in illinois and never get rust, and my house is dry in the winter.Something I'll say with some of the rusty strings on their guitars is that some of them have been in those cases for up to 30 years, so those brittle cardboard leather feeling cases (hell if I'd put an early 80's les paul in a case like they have theirs in)

I have this shitty small guitar amp.
Can I connect it to my (also small) speaker amp using the audio out with an 3,5 adapter?
It does sound better, but I'm a tiny bit afraid it will burn down my house.

That's really inspiring man.
I picked the guitar in March for the first time at 25 because I was going trough some rough times and I needed the distraction and then my friend did it and now we jam together every week and it's the most fun I've had in a really long time.

>tfw too drunk to work my robot tuning

fucked up somehow and stuck in open g. I gave up.

>tfw hands too cold and its hard to play

what the fuck happened to guitar prices?

Lack of competition and ingenuity.

Learn to play by ear and start making music

Most of Schecter prices remain at $1200 which in Mexibux is still a lot for me but I saved for one and I don't regret the purchase. :^)

Yes I'm 6 months in and know scales you should be learning how to play by ear and practicing rhythm if you have your chords down. Rhythm is fairly difficult lead isn't too hard unless you're using a metronome when playing but you should be while playing scales.

>tfw the finish you want costs €150 more
black guitars were a mistake

there's plenty of odd, novel stuff (fanned frets, asymetrical neck profiles, active preamps[...]), it's just that the average guitarist doesn't want/need it.

Man that jazzmaster looks sexy

$3000 in my acoustic guitar fund right now. new martin or vintage dove?

Do you want something like a strat or tele? If so, find someone local who is decent with tools (and maybe a second guy who can solder). Buy cheap bodies from eBay, get decent necks and you'll have a "better than fender" tele or strat for the cost of a few hours of work + parts.
There probably is already someone doing something similar near you.

those high end models are good desu

Buy a new martin

>3000 for an acoustic guitar
For what fucking reason man you could drop 200-300 and get something well above decent acoustics aren't even that great unless you're getting an electric/acoustic and plan on using pedals.

>rondomusic.com/Agile_Septor_727_RN_CP_CF_FLB.html

oh you guys are going to love this one

nah man, dang ol, wood man, kno what, wood, kno dang ol, feel?

This is the truth but dont spend more than 300 on an electric either. Buy a 300 dollar electric and spend the rest of your budget on an amp and as many cabs as you can

want to cop one of these. anyone tried the new mustangs or duo-sonics ?

Spend a good piece on the amp and the guitar. Don't do what I did for a few years and spend 4 times as much on your pedals then your guitar and amp are worth thinking it will make them sound better.

eh, it depends on too much. how many people can actually afford/want to haul a shit ton of loud amps. a lot of the people on this board probably just record in their apartment and never play shows.

J Mascis signature. Overpriced like all jazzmasters, the Squier one is pretty great though.

the acoustic guitars you get for 300 bucks are okayish but still kinda suck

you can get bretty nice ones for 1000 or so tho

Thanks user, I wish it wasn't so beat-up, but I've had it for so fucking long and I'm not the original owner so it's to be expected.

You should probably open the picture, user.

thanks man

i tried learning this song but it's hard as fuck. post a clyp if you can actually play it

I'd legit rather spend $3k on an acoustic rather than $3k on an electric, the craftsmanship behind the body is far more intricate than "drill a bunch of holes and sand off the top so it's smooth".
But if I had $3k to blow on musical instruments, I'd get a bass rig, a guitar rig, and drums, rather than just a grandpa's guitar.

that's just ugly, their fretless with a floyd is far more meme

?? What about the picture?

The duo sonics are nice reroute the bridge and throw in a humbucker with your sonic and it's 10/10.

It's a Fender American Vintage Reissue, not the Squier Mascis sig.

Oh I thought he did a fender one with exactly the same looks as the squier one, but I guess I was wrong. Guess the squier is based on that model then.

>people shit their pants over 3000$ for an acoustic guitar
That gets you a decent upright bass for a student. A new set of strings sets me back 200 bucks minimum, more like 300-400 for nice strings.

Oh yeah, I got a gold guard + gold TOM bridge for my american Jazzmaster after I saw his back-up guitar. (the one in the picture)

His Squier sig is based on it too, I had a different pickguard on mine but once the signature was released I thought I'd be more content having an actual Mascis sig pickguard on my tribute guitar.

This is good advice.

congrats.
you're getting cucked by classical music