What happened to your blockbuster?

What happened to your blockbuster?

it's now a six pack and bottle shop

Mine was a Hollywood Video.

Turned into a T-Mobile scamshop. So just a regular tmob store.

It's still there, empty and for sale. They picked a really weird location, it's next to a McDonalds on a highway which bypasses the city center.

gym

>tfw video rental place across the street still open because the owner is knowledgeable and gives spot on recommendations almost every time

it became a wells fargo :c

Small, shitty convenience store

Replaced by a Chipotle-ish restaurant but with Italian food instead. It's pretty nice. Also there was an Iggle Video which was another rental place in a Giant Eagle near me and it just closed and Giant Eagle took it over.

Paki shop m8

Buddy's Auto Parts

Theres still a good number of video stores in my area though

Who even buys Pakis

Dentist office

Wish I knew, we'd be selling them by the tonne

shut down and still vacant. although in the 3rd world-ish place i used to live in there were a bunch of independent video stores still up and running.

It sells carpet and vinyl flooring now.

It was bought out by the only competitor. Pic related

Closed with shutters down but the sign's are all still up, untouched for over 2 years now.

The city it's in has a big commercial problem so no-one has bought/rented the building.

Blockbuster is now a dollar store. The local video store is now a dollar store. And the video store across the street from blockbusters is now a breakfast restaurant and a dollar store.
I just realized I have 5 dollar stores within walking distance of my house.

It became a Kinko's which became a FedEx Office.

Of course my family never rented from Blockbuster. We always rented from Music Plus which became a Wherehouse which then became Blockbuster Music. By the time Blockbuster Music opened though, a Hollywood Video had opened just down the street so we rented from there.

My first job was Hollywood Video. I loved that job.

That'd be sweet - there can't be many places like that left.

I wonder if anyone outside of Ohio or PA knows that when you say "inside a Giant Eagle" that you're talking about a grocery store that also rented videos.

It's a mattress shop, on the upperhand they recently built a Steak and Shake right next to it.

Is Giant Eagle a regional thing or something? But yeah, it was a different section, kind of like the Subways you'll see in Walmart. I don't know what they replaced it with other than just extending the store since I almost never go to Giant Eagle.

There was also a Big Bear down the street from me that was replaced with a Big Lots.

Liquor store.

got turned into a muslim mosque

It's now a Chase bank

kek

Its now a SaladWorks and Pinkberry.

But the abandoned "Staples" store next to it turns into a Halloween Costume store around early September.

it's a Little Caesar's now

their pizza is shit

Local Blockbuster turned into costume and props store. After that went out of business it became a 99 Cents Only store.

Local Hollywood Video closed down and the building has been vacant ever since. It was supposed to become a dental clinic at some point but the construction was never completed and the materials inside haven't moved in years.

Yeah, it's a regional thing. They only have them in PA and certain parts of Ohio.

For $5 you shouldn't expect much anyway.

Martial arts training center, or whatever they're called.

Became a jimmy's egg, top notch sweet potato pancakes though.

Meth lab

Not even trying to be funny. The cops literally raid it every month because tweezers move in their like rats.

its now an ihop

They better than Denny's/ihop?

(They must be better than Waffle House)

Became a Bojangles with a yogurt place attatched next door.

A GameStop which is funny because they are soon to be doomed like blockbuster.

Its now a medical office branch of our local hospital.

my country's blockbuster just became a candy store with a small section of movies
pretty smart move 2bh everyone loves candy

some "health store" that sells a bunch of useless supplements and overpriced organic food

A 7-11 and a sock store.

Liquor store.

Is still up. My country is full of dumb third world morons unironically willing to buy BluRay players.

Panda Express.

My blockbuster became a masonry supply yard. My hollywood video became a Stop and Shop.

Sad.

At least three different businesses took up the spot and all went out of business within a couple years each. Now it's some auto-parts store that might stick around longer than the others did.

Goddamn.

I live on the west coast but every time I go east I have to eat at Bojangles at least once, shit's crazy good and we don't really have anything like it here. Our popeyes aren't very good.