ITT: Actors that got too cocky/greedy and sudoku'd their career

ITT: Actors that got too cocky/greedy and sudoku'd their career.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wSLMZEkF5W8
imdb.com/title/tt0427327/
spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/07/misfits-remake-heads-to-freeform/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462652368756.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Classic.

I remember checking his IMDB profile a few years ago and he had like a couple of potential blockbusters lined up and I was really surprised. How did he get cocky/greedy?

He ditched Misfits to go play sidekick to Nicolas Cage in Season of the Witch, which turned out to be a pile of shit and scored 10% on RT. The series fell apart after he went.

Does anybody else remember that drama that went down on his Twitter regarding this? I can't remember what it was he said, but it was enough to cause a bit of backlash.

Yup, now no reputable production will touch him since he has a reputation for ditching commitments the second something potentially better comes up.

>Iwan Rheon (Simon) stays in Misfits until his part in the show is over
>instantly hired for Game of Thrones, on his way to being a successful movie star now
>Robert Sheehan, leaves the show and backstabs the writers on Twitter the first moment he gets an offer for a film
>the film fucking sucks
>back to tv show, nobody even remembers him anymore
>not really landed any reputable roles since
>nobody will touch him
>career = kill

I like season of the witch

You're probably the only one m8.

He couldve been a god, he carried that fuckign show single-handedly.

Idort.

What the fuck was it that he Tweeted though? I can't remember what it was, something about "not being held back anymore" and "moving onto bigger and better things".

>he was supposed to be the baddy in Misfits S2 onwards
>all the girls creamed themselves over him so they made him a hero instead

Ramsay is who he was always meant to be

He's so fucking cute though.
Iwan I mean, not Robert. Robert can go fuck himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=wSLMZEkF5W8

Next time, baby.

He was such a creepy fuck in Misfits.

imdb.com/title/tt0427327/
>11th on the IMDb cast list for a movie she was the star of

It's sad, so sad, it's a sad sad situation...

a

>all the girls creamed themselves over him so they made him a hero instead
That really fucked Simon's whole trajectory up. There was so much shit setting him up as a creep.

And to think if Hairspray came out nowadays she would be a star and a body acceptance demi-god and all that

I'm glad they didn't make him a villain. I felt bad for him more than anything. Besides, it kind of worked out that he was a hero but still a creep considering all the Misfits were assholes.

her sister was hotter anyways
no big loss for the show

Remember when that black girl that wanted everyone to fuck her touched him and he said "I WANT TO PISS ON YOUR TITS"

I wonder if he ended up doing that when he was banging her

Really?

I just thought it was the drugs

Deffo

That black dude got the most OP power of all but he did jack shit with it

Yeah that's why I changed "arc" to "trajectory." I still think his storyline was pretty great considering by S3 the wear was starting to show. I was just thinking that it made stuff like him copping a feel on passed out Kelly stick out even more.

His power wasn't optional, it just triggered when it triggered.

Despite being the worst character overall, the episodes focusing on him were all amazing. His last episode was fucking brutal.

I always kind of wondered though. Like if that was something he said whilst under the influence of a power that compelled him towards sexual activity with a person, surely it must be true, which means it was an aspect of himself that was present whilst not under the influence of the power. All the other guys just said normal shit like "I want to bone you so bad!".

Rudy was better, though.

Misfits threads are too comfy to die

Can someone elaborate a bit more? I really liked him in Misfits...

Was it the one where he almost got raped using his gender bender powers.

Is S3 worth watching? The whole finale of giving up their powers then obtaining new chosen ones was absurd to me so I stopped watching.

No. The last episode had him give this really heavy speech as the last of the original crew. Mega feels.

S3 is good. The new powers they all get are kind of shit (again, except the black guy's in his token one episode/series, but the series is worth watching.

Stop at 3 tough. It has a really solid ending that actually caps the show nicely. The rest was all a cynical cash grab

How is it greedy to want what your contract says your supposed to get ?

>The series fell apart after he went.
Misfits continued to be great after he left.

>implying the best episode wasn't the one where Rudy 2 turns into an old man

so did she do some joi vids or what

>The series fell apart after he went
The series got Rudy, and he ended up being just as funny with triple the range. Literally triple, he played three characters. And the fifth season was the best since the first. Fuck that, the show was great post Nathan, ratings be damned.

It really didn't.

S3 was fucking dope

The rest was shit, but S3 worked really well

What was his original power? I just remember that he could Rule 63 himself.

Time travel

I think the show was good post-Nathan, but the first 2 seasons were markedly better with a better direction, and so by contrast it makes the later seasons look bad. If they were a stand alone series they would probably be lauded.

What did happen to him?

looks like a lesbian

Yeah, it did. Rudy was great and so was the rest of the new cast.
The probation worker's constant flirting with Finn was hilarious.

Really? Holy shit, I need to rewatch the show.

Misfits is getting an Ameriburger remake.

spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/07/misfits-remake-heads-to-freeform/

>On the heels of the “Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger” announcement, Freeform has revealed it’s developing a remake of the U.K. sci-fi comedy drama “Misfits.”

>Debuting in 2009, the original series focused on a group of working-class British teens who, while performing community service, are caught in a freak electrical storm that grants them superpowers. However, instead of teaming up to fight for justice, they continue their delinquent ways.

>The U.S. remake, from “Chuck” writer-producer Josh Schwartz, has been in the works since late 2011. The plan at the time was for Schwartz to collaborate with “Misfits” creator Howard Overman on the pilot, and shop the finished script to networks in early 2012. Four years later, and here we are.

>How the original concept, intended as a British take on the U.S. superhero genre, translates to American television remains to be seen. However, the sparse description from Freeform reveals two changes already: The characters are now 20-somethings who are exposed to a mysterious chemical, which leads them to develop superpowers.

Better direction? The direction was "these guys are kind of assholes and sluts, but they've got powers and they use them." They never once strayed from that until they decided to try to go back in time to kill Hitler.

The last probation worker was the best probation worker.

>would love to have u do wat I want

What did she mean by this?

this triggers me
he was perfect and no one since has been anywhere near as good

he left for a role in The Hobbit and then he was cut and replaced with CGI lel

>FreeForm
>formerly ABC Family/still ABC Family

PANIC

>On the heels of the “Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger” announcement

I'm sorry, you fucking what?

Who the fuck wanted Cloak and Dagger?! Is this the next Netflix show?

Hahaha

its not greed. he just can into math

It's on Freeform AKA ABC Family.

>he left for a role in The Hobbit and then he was cut and replaced with CGI lel
Also, he left GoT to be on Spartacus and I think he died that season and it was a bit part anyways.

>And to think if Hairspray came out nowadays she would be a star and a body acceptance demi-god and all that

what changed in the last 9 years

I thought the American remake got cancelled, I was cautiously excited for it because it was gonna be on the CW.
I don't know about Freeform though, it'll most likely be shit.

Tess Munster happened

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462652368756.webm

>I don't know about Freeform though
ABC Family.
Also known as the network that even mainline ABC shows make fun of as shit

There have been loads of shows about teens getting powers in the US, what the hell?

The spin is that these guys dont become good guys, they stay degenerate twatsacks.

Specifically in the UK version in the second to last episode of the first series they rob an armoured car full of cash in about 10 seconds and it suddenly dawns on them that despite being petty criminals this is the first time in the months that they've had their powers, this is the first time they've used them to commit an intentional crime.

Because powers or not, they're still retarded chav dolescum. Which is something I think america won't do well, because everyone has to have a character arc.

I meant, I don't know how the show will fare on Freeform.

>Specifically in the UK version in the second to last episode of the first series they rob an armoured car full of cash in about 10 seconds and it suddenly dawns on them that despite being petty criminals this is the first time in the months that they've had their powers, this is the first time they've used them to commit an intentional crime.
The final episode involves a mid-air rape scene. Not that anyone on Sup Forums finished the show, but that was one of the crowning moments of being, to use your words, "degenerate twatsacks."

I just know it one of the members will be exactly like pic related

>The final episode involves a mid-air rape scene.

It was a bisexual guy bumming another bisexual guy. That's not rape, that's called sex.

Not every guy who likes guys is out to stick it in your precious "straight" bum without permission you know.

Weakest bait of the year.

How did Mel become too cocky/greedy?

>trying to fuck Stamos

Lmao

I don't think you understand Mel's position

He can do anything he wants

He thought he was big enough that he could safely challenge the Jews

He was wrong

This. Mel is the original ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

If Barry can get into shape, why can't you, anons?

Mel almost did it but he has Friends like Facebook Whoopi, RJD and Jodie Foster who supported him and says publicly that they forgive him because Mel was a fucking Alcoholic and needed help and not punishment

Eugh! WTF man, this Barry hurts my eyes!

why is that shark wearing pants?

Time to cringe then.

>If Barry can get into shape, why can't you, anons?

I don't have a black gf who's superpower is experiencing things another person is feeling, who uses it to feel me fucking herself and cumming inside her own cunt.

Remember when they wanted to make a burger remake of the IT crowd ?

Yeah.

Also the best episode of misfits was the cheesemancer episode. Fucking great stuff.

Based Rheon

Apparently it wasn't just the contract. Director hated working with him.

>game of thrones isn't the first show to cast iwan rheon, michelle fairley and josef altin where an elderly woman changes her age in order to have sex with a young man with black curly hair who dies only to later come back from the dead in the following season

He left misfits at the height of it's popularity because "a rolling stone gathers no moss" and his career promptly died.

I'm guessing that he wasn't getting paid a while lot for it.

>Remember when they wanted to make a burger remake of the IT crowd ?

I thougt they did make that

You know I honestly think us Burgers are getting a bit smarter. That remake fell through, so did the Utopia one. Also it seems like we're starting to catch onto the idea of shortened television seasons (or series' as Bongs call them) what with truncated seasons of 24 and The X-files and anthology shows catching on, like American Horror Story. Maybe there is hope for America. TRUMP 2016 Y'ALL!!!

Agreed. They really got the perfect guy to replace Sheehan in the This is England dude.

They made 1 episode and it was shut down immediately. I think the germans picked it up and remade a few episodes too.

Thank fuck they aren't remaking Utopia. I'm still mad it got cancelled after 2 seasons when it started to somehow get even more interesting. Watching it go through 2 more seasons of the same shit, but in american instead, and then getting cancelled again would be awful.

>ITT: Actors that got too cocky/greedy and sudoku'd their career.

>I'm still mad it got cancelled after 2 seasons when it started to somehow get even more interesting.
That's the first kind thing I've seen anyone say about S2. That's why haven't watched it yet too, kinda.

Apparently the war film he's just directed is really good.

Don't get me wrong. Utopia S2 was definitely weaker than S1, but the finale renewed my interest after a somewhat weaker season, I was eager to see Wilson as Mr. Rabbit and see how far he'd go down the rabbit hole

Remember when they wanted to make a burger remake of the Inbetweeners, and literally cast a downie as the guy who almost got away with his bullshit but ran his mouth too often to land it?

I don't think his career will ever recover after what he did.

BUS TUUUUUUUURDS!!!

They did make a remake of it, 12 episodes at least.

Khalesi??