Most disappointing albums ever?

Most disappointing albums ever?

pic related

bump

last one

Nobody ever liked or cared about Oasis

so none of these 250 000 people cared? they were just there for an ironic laugh? What about the next day?

Put your trip back on, Montie

stale meme

bait, probably their best album

btw if you hadnt know that rolls in the picture is real, they literally wasted 70k pounds for that picture

>britpop album turns out to be shitty
wow

>bait, probably their best album
ebin

>btw if you hadnt know that rolls in the picture is real, they literally wasted 70k pounds for that picture
I believe it, sounds just like the thing these mad cunts would do

this album really has some good catchy songs e.g

>D'You Know What I Mean?
>Stand by Me
>I Hope, I Think, I Know
>The Girl in the Dirty Shirt
>Don't Go Away

I actually love this album. Sure it's very loud and bloated and the lyrics need some work but it still has great songwriting from when Noel was in his prime. The Mystique demos on the Deluxe re issue are better than the actual album versions imo.

that's not an oasis photo
oasis never were that big

it's okay Thom, you will never be as great as them but some edgy teenagers will awlays admire you

I dont thinks its a bad album, technically its pretty similar to their previous ones (Albeit with a bit more "grandeur"), and the lyrics are more of the same. (lyrics were never oasis's strong point)

The problem is Oasis was a singles band. Think of almost any song off their first two albums and you instantly know the chorus and the sound of the track. They were unpretentious bangers, but with be here now it doesn't have that. listening to it you think ,"wow, this is pretty good" but it doesn't have anywhere near the same staying power after the fact. The only song that comes close is stand by me.

pleb filters

>(lyrics were never oasis's strong point)
have to disagree, dont know much about you but trust their lyrics is the best you can get if you are depressed and feel bored by the 'deep' messages from the people like cobain...
their lyrics were simple, clever and quite poorish, they had everything that a typical working class man need and look for in songs

the rest about oasis as a singles band is very accurate

Objectively one of the best shoegaze albums of the decade and better than Isn't Anything.

This shit is full of bangers and has Squier's best playing. The album is great, people just expected their s/t 2.0.

post script to this () post

Its much the same way with the Dylan album . Its by no means a bad album, some great song writing and lyricism on there, but at the time he was coming off the greatest trio of albums not only in his career, but arguably in the history of music. John wesley harding is not the follow up to that.

great point well made

Even the album cover is disappointing

Oasis was never good

Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.

sure its not as good as the first two albums but its still a great album

They cared for the fashion of being "working class", not the music.

this isnt an oasis thread

every single thread on Sup Forums is either Oasis or Radiohead related

Painting With

agree

It's his best album though

Not just because of how big a let down it was, but also because of what it influenced

but thats not Saved

Oasis es no bueno

and yet be here now was insanely hyped and their first albums are/were acclaimed by the music press and massively commercially successful

oasis may be shit, but 2.5 million people still tried to enter the lottery for tickets to their knebworth concert

>Stale meme
Like Oasis?

Bullshit

Oasis was another government funded britpop band to get rid of showgaze look it up faggot

Be Here Now is a pretty comfy album, gets unfairly panned like Second Coming by the Stone Roses just because both were the follow up to era defining records.

However, everything Oasis put out afterwards (barring Go Let It Out which is GOAT) was a crock of shit, and they broke up about 10 years too late.

>they broke up about 10 years too late.
should have broke up live at knebworth, following into a belting rendition of live forever and then setting the stage on fire

Everything they've put out since that late 90s/early 00s slump that culminated with Lifeblood has been highly enjoyable. This one is the weak link though. The most generic, Manics-by-numbers sounding album they've done.

It's Not War is one hell of a tune. One of their best singles. The rest is completely forgettable though, and may as well be a Weird Al style parody of the Manics.

OY VEY, THE HIPSTERS KNOW!

At the time of its release I was so underwhelmed and turned off by it. It took until this year for me to realize that is really not that bad.