Why were they too afraid to end it like this?

Why were they too afraid to end it like this?

they aren't hacks who just copy paste comic panels on the screen like a certain hack who did watchmen

blame the test screenings

Money. Should've killed War Machine

are there different versions like they did with iron man 2?

Civil War is actually an overrated comic that really shit on captain America

They'll leave it to Infinity War pt. 1.

Because they realize their audience aren't retards that think he won't be back for Infinity War.

But who cares?
With RDJ acting this scene alone would beat the whole DC universe. It feels like a missed chance.

about time they started shitting on Cap actually

Because Infinity War needs to end with this

Though if Civil War ended with a scene like that I would have been pretty happy. I love Cap but this adds to the idea that they are broken.

No they won't. Seeing how these movies have little to nothing to do with the comics, Disney probably won't have much risks in Infinity War either.

Doesn't it show them all dieing in avengers two because of tony? They cant kill him off early. Plus this film was way to lighthearted (my only real complaint).

I liked how they ended it. I liked that CW subverted the "they fight but make up and team up to fight the big bad guy" cliche (which BvS fell for).

Also, killing off a character to change the status quo is cheap, especially in comics/comic book movies where heroes always return. Again, BvS hinting that Superman isn't even dead at the end was dumb. Even the comics managed to keep him killed longer than that.

Forgot pic

because the ending to that comic was fucking trash
at least marvel studios and disney won't insult my inteligence any further by killing cap for 2 seconds just to bring him back with the most dumb contrived bullshit

He left the shield, he is no longer captain america.

Basically he died.

How did he come back in the comic?

Chris Evans' contract is about to expire.

>ending to that comic was fucking trash
speak for yourself.
The way how cap stopped the fight because hurr durr civilians hate us was retarded, but the ending speech was fucking epic.

He was never dead. He was actually shot with a gun that sent his soul to another dimension, or some such bullshit.

I hated how as the comic went on it pretty much forced Iron Man's side into being right, and it turned Captain's side into them just fighting for selfish reasons.

This ending speech in the OP is awesome though

Oh fuck that's right, like time bullets or some stupid shit?

What the fuck?

Why is this shit popular again?

what's the thing he wanted to tell cap?

>superman dies but goes back, it is ok
>captain america dies but goes back, what the fuck why is this shit popular

found the dcuck

They would need to completely remarket Captain America, with a European lead.

Kill yourself Sup Forumsfag

I'm talking about comicshit

Death of superman is stupid as well and overrated

Not him, but superman dying and coming back is dumb too

In fact ANY character dying and coming back is retarded. Looking at you Jon Snow

but he returns in the comics too user...

If you're talking about comics, Superman coming back really hurt the comic book industry. They'd done the fake death stuff a lot before (especially with Superman), but the Death of Superman thing was hyped as his real death, and was a huge event (shit was in the news in a time when not everything was in the news). Having it undone so quickly really hurt the comic and comics in general in terms of sales. It was a real turning point, where people became jaded and stopped buying into the bullshit.

But we want to kill him for good, no?

He'll re-sign. He's said he'll play the character as long as Marvel wants him to.

You're a fucking dumbass

Name one comicbook death of a superhero that isn't retarded.

death of superman
>he gets beat by big mutant baby from space
>now there's blue and red and iron superman
>oh wait he's better now

Civil war
>captain America is an asshole
>gets shot
>oh wait it's a soul stealing thing or whatever

Kil yourself

i don't know. i'm just talking out of my ass but this is how i imagine most blockbuster flicks are made.

Marvel success is based on their meme actors, they can't have them die.

You stupid fucks probably haven't even read Civil War or the Captain America comics after it. They are fucking terrible

You do not want this
You think you do but you dont
Comics are fucking retarded and the further good directors and writers stay away from them the better

And even if Civil War was a good comic with good characters (its not) having a death does not make a story good. In fact, there are a lot of bad stories with death all over the place.

It is not about having a death at the end.

It is about emotions. RDJ preforming that scene would be fucking epic.

Him saying that would make literally no sense because his characterization and context is completely different. Civil War made him literally evil, the movie made him an actual character.

Why is Tony in his suit holding his helmet? Shouldn't it have automatically retracted into a pair of sunglasses or a button on his shirt or something?

>Marvel
>taking risks
kop tek

Because Chris Evans still has 1 more movie on his Marvel contract (Avengers 3)

he returns from death to the infinity war in the comics

Civil War, IM3 and AoU has all been showing Tony's character change. He is starting to lose it. He feels responsible for everyone's death, and he hates that he can't stop it. This scene would make sense.

>killing character then immidietly bringing him back to life through a magic bullet that sends him on a time travel adventure
>risk
The only risk involved is how fucking retarded it would be

He's okay now thanks to the power of MILF Aunt May's pussy

Here's my theory:

Before the Russos came on board Infinity War, this is how Civil War was supposed to end. Infinity War was going to be a two parter about Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. But after the Russos signed on to IW, that was changed. Based on recent interviews, IW is going to be renamed to two individual movies, and the Russos have since emphasized it's not so much a two parter as it is two separate movies.

So with that in mind, I think Cap is going to die in the next Avengers, then he'll come back during Avengers 4/formerly Infinity War Part 2.

It's marvel, EVERYONE returns from the dead

>taking risks
nope it is not that. it means rational thinking. That thing what DC can't do since they made Snyder to do their movies.

spotted the marveldrone

Superman simply died and came back
they didn't tried to make it ''more than that'' and convoluted like having his soul trapped in time and playing cat and mouse with his body

>it's COMICS, everyone returns from the dead
FTFY

They even brought back that one robin who got beaten by a crowbar

TIME BULLETS

Same shit as Bruce Wayne

As people have said before, the comic Civil War was actually fucking terrible. I'm glad they did this because it's a lot better.

Well not bruce's parents though

what was so bad about it? I liked it pretty much, the only retarded thing was mecha thor

No, they are hacks who shit all over the source material. But, it is okay since the source material gets shit on by its own people every issue.

Except Gwendolyn.

Because it doesn't have any quips and it isn't """"""""""""fun"""""""""""

the dialogue and characterizations are awful. if it was directly made into a movie assuming rights weren't an issue it would be appropriately criticized.

>I am too stupid for an explanation, so superman is so much better because there is none.

You mean AILF?

Because civil war is one of those comics along with death of superman that has like 1 iconic money but people ignore the shit that surrounds it

Characters kind of ceased to become themselves and just blindly followed a side. Willing to kill each other over this shit. Was all real out of character.

When he went back to the prison to free his friends, he didn't wear his captain america uniform anymore.
Cap died, there is only Steve Rogers now.

because killing off main characters means they can't use that character in movies anymore and therefore lose out on $$$$$$$$$$

and going with the comic book route of "he's not really dead" and having a retarded revival is not gonna work out

>and going with the comic book route of "he's not really dead" and having a retarded revival is not gonna work out

Why not?

I thought it was all off screen.

Do you really think normal people will accept that his soul was shot into another dimension

Jesus Fuck he's going to die holding thors hammer . And come back in IW part 2

>they didn't tried to make it ''more than that'' and convoluted like having his soul trapped in time and playing cat and mouse with his body

Yeah, they did that with Batman instead.

>implying they can't create an another and better story

Civil War in the comics was a huge flaming turd and you're a retard if you think otherwise.
The flick was a 100 times better.