How can anyone dislike this

how can anyone dislike this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xZp-s4wIc_s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

all white poster

>liking this racist trash

Loved each and every second of it. No Wonder contrarian tv hates it.

The material/era it was referencing was lost on memellenials. At least that seems to be a common complaint. HUAC, Busby Berkeley musicals, especially The Gang's All Here which is excellent and here in full. Check out the dance numbers, especially the final sequence if nothing else.

youtu.be/xZp-s4wIc_s

(same user)

Also check out the charming, funny dance scene at 38:50 with the jittery hepcat

the thing about movies like this is that even if you don't understand the references or any of the deeper meanings (not to say it's a deep movie or anything), it's still entertaining and funny to watch
you need to be a complete snob to not enjoy the excellent musical numbers, for example

The Coen brothers literally said that 20th century Hollywood had a giant Jewish, communist conspiracy to put anti-American, anti-Christian messages in the movies, and that Catholics enforcing the production code was the only thing that held it back

This was essentially true

This was considered anti-Semitic when E. Michael Jones wrote it Libido Dominandi but the Coen brothers are Jewish so they can explain it and not be accused.

Also, the dance numbers and the "would that it were so simple" scene and several others were really damn good

bump

It's way too subversive for most people.

How can someone still shill this movie?

It's not even in theaters anymore

I went to see it with a girl, actually she was the one who suggested going because
>omg cohen brothers are like famous, I'm such a cinéma connoisseur, right?

eventually she was disappointed because she didn't understand it, while I enjoyed the pretty comfy movie that it is.

how the fuck did she not understand it? Is she retarded?

Sup Forums made this movie out to be some confusing shit which ends in the middle of it all, which is completely wrong

Communist propaganda for the capitalist elites

Idk, I guess she didn't quite catch the atmosphere of the movie. She probably was expecting something different, something "cooler".

Then again, women.
Shame I didn't even get a kiss.

I hope you dumped her

No one shills on Sup Forums except the cunt who posts the Crazy Ex Girlfriend threads. It's just a bunch of autists saying pirate this like I just did.

it's a complicated story, but yeah, I've distanced myself from her just before she was about to cuck me

>a modern movie that doesn't shill for communism
>actually takes light hearted jabs at it that were funny
I was a good movie that wasn't wasn't pushing a narrative. It used the setting well and told a very comfy story.

also Channing Tatum doing an extending song and dance in a sailor's uniform was just great

>it's a complicated story
It only seems complicated because there are many characters involved with the plot. The story being told is pretty simple.

you should better learn to read the whole post before writing your reply

any one else find that almost all coen brothers movies are always better with multiple viewings? i watched a serious man last night for the third time and loved it, whereas the first two times i thought it was pretty good. same with so many others of theirs- big lebowski i didn't "get" the first time but now it's probably my favorite movie after watching it a few more times. sometimes watching a movie knowing the context (i.e. not wondering "what will happen next" and just enjoying it for what it is) makes it more enjoyable

i saw hail caesar in theaters and really didn't love it, but i can't help but think i'll like it more if i watch it again

is that Ted Cruz 2nd to last on the right?

it's a 4/10 at best

It deceived me into thinking it was a comedy.

It was watchable, but it's just stupid and unentertaining compared to other Coen bros projects.

Felt like a Wes Andrerson movie.

>writers complain that they don't get their share, they have to give it up to the higher ups
>when they get their share the immediately give it to the communist higher ups

i literally lmaod in the theater

>tfw loved it
>tfw whole family saw it with me
>making fun of me for saying it was amazing, and they all think it's the worst movie they've ever seen

>CAN YA BEAT IT, FOLKS?
>YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO BEAT IT

>WE MIGHT SEE SOME OCTOPUSSES (NO DAMES)
>OR A HALF DOZEN CLAMS (NO DAMES)

I really hated the chinese subtitles on the bottom of the screen

jonah hill has literally 2 lines and 5 seconds of screen time and his face is on the poster. fucking hilarious.

I want Alden Ehrenreich to lasso me a fug my boipussi

It didn't even have an ending. The film just stopped.

And Ehrenreich isn't on it at all, who makes these decisions

>The film just stopped.

are you a troll? all the story lines got wrapped up

The dance scene was the best part of movie, the film should have been a musical.

The Josh Brolin scenes felt lifeless, mostly due to Josh Brolin. His storyline felt too cliche; he should have played more of an observer's role.

I feel like the Coens like to take jabs at these men of supposedly strong ideologies who are really shallow in the end.

The communists in Hail Caesar! were all just a bunch of dudes that just wanted more money for their work. Then there's the nihilists in Big Lebowski.

And Alden Ehrenreich, who's basically the second main character and had some of the best bits, didn't even make it onto the poster