That scene where Tony was firing a laser at Cap's shield with both sides standing ground

>That scene where Tony was firing a laser at Cap's shield with both sides standing ground

Is there a more kino scene in the history comic book Films?

The Plane Scene

>literally ripping visuals off a CHILDREN'S COMIC BOOK
>kino

Everything in BvS

It could be if the setup wasn't childish and sophomoric

Martha?

>jar full of piss

how could he stand ground? shouldn't the force of the laser push him back....

cap stronk

Zack does it better in his movies tbqh desu

>1 laser blasts shield
>use other hand to reach around the shield

not that hard. Why hasn't anyone just grabbed cap's shield and thrown it into the ocean?

The last half hour was pure bliss. So many good shots.

>the shot of Tony, battered and beaten, with his helmet off and Cap's shield lying there
>Cap beating the shit out of Tony from Tony's POV
>Bucky trying to rip out Tony's power core
>the brutality of Bucky caving in Tony's dad's face
>the shot of Zemo chipping away at the iced-over door from a distance
The movie is seriously one of the best comic movies ever made.

Vibranium absorbs kinetic energy or something. I can't remember how it works.

So could it take Supermans punches?

They say in cap 1 it absorbs all vibrations

I think in the comics it's supposed to absorb 100% of kinetic energy which is absurd even for comics

So is vibranium stronger than adamantium or is it the same thing?

It's stronger

It can take nearly anything.

There's been cases where the shield has been broken when writers want to show how badass they are, but generally speaking no earthbound character in Marvel could ever break it including those with strength on part with Superman

Because it would somehow magically fly back to him

>wow that thing does not obey the laws of physics

It's not as strong as adamantium (which MCU isn't allowed to name since it's an x-property) but the energy-absorbing properties make up for it.

I'm expecting Thanos to break the shield in the Infinity Gauntlet movie.

The shield is supposed to be the most impervious thing in the Marvel Universe.
Here's an example of it being broken. But in this panel, Thanos had the power gem... so he was the strongest being in the universe: he was stronger than Death, Galactus, Eternity (the living embodiment of the universe), and every other entity combined. Notice that still, although the shield broke, Captain America didn't feel anything on the other side. The shield completely absorbed the blow. Now think about holding a steel shield and then a football player running into it - you'd feel it on the other side and it'd move you.

How do you mold a metal that can't be broken?

>just grab Cap's shield
good luck with that.

Alien tech

In the comics, it goes like this:

1. Captain America's shield
The shield is made of vibranium, steel, and an 'unknown catalyst'. It was only ever done once, and it was by accident. It is the most impervious thing in the MU.

2. Adamantium
Adamantium is a secret recipe of metals. Adamantium was made by trying to reproduce the metal that is Captain America's shield. They failed, however, and made a worse (but still really good) metal - Adamantium.
There are a few types: the first grade type is the hardest metal. The second grade type is shittier, but still awesome, and much less expensive to produce. Anytime Adamantium is destroyed in the comics, they usually retcon it to say it was the second grade kind.
Then, there's another kind - the kind that is on Wolverine's bones. It is the first kind of really good Adamantium, but his healing abilities changed it to adapt to his body.

3. Carbonadium
Omega Red's tentacles are made of this. It was made in an attempt to duplicate Adamantium (which is hard to make and expensive). It's not as good, but still amazing.

4. Vibranium
There are two kinds of vibranium. Wakandan vibranium and antarctic vibranium. Wakandan type absorbs energy directed into it. Antarctic kind liquefies other metals. Vibranium isn't necessarily particularly strong, but it is the special properties that make it useful.

See Vibranium itself isn't indestructible, it absorbs energy, but the shield is made of a vibranium alloy that is harder than anything else on earth. The guy who made it fell asleep while the "unknown catalyst" entered the mixture so even he didn't know how he did it.

It's a goofy origin, but the idea behind it is that it's supposed to mirror Cap himself. The serum that created him is also lost, so he and the shield are each one of a kind, as if made for each other by fate.

the movie was literally 2 and a half hours of filler around this one scene

>targetting system doesn't work properly anymore
>takes off his helmet
>winks and aims directly at Bucky.

I AM MURDER-MAN

its how in WS he jump out of the elevator 40 feet up and landed on the shield without any serious damage

Steve should have wasted that fag

and he was entirely unharmed from the rocket's backblast

Damn supersoldiers

There was still murder intent.

He was clearly aiming for the door latch, or did you not get that?

The scene through tony's eyes when cap was punching him was GOAT

The airport fight was a delight. A thoroughly enjoyable affair.
The final fight Cap+Buck vs Iron Man was intense and gut wrenching.
This movie just hit all the right notes.

/thread

Anyone else think Zemo was the best MCU villain? He was really sympathetic imo.

I thought he was great. Though I'm bias towards loving anything Bruhl does

oy vey!

see

That was 10 days ago and fucking 3D was hurting my eyes.

He definitely had the biggest balls walking into a highly secure compound and pretending to be a psychologist that he looked nothing like

You should probably stop going to showings of Post-converted 3D movies then. Come on man, it's been like 7 years since this thing caught on, you should have figured that out by now.

I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.

Never again.

go to bed Zachary.

>Post-converted 3D

I have no idea of what it was. The only thing I know is that there was no screenings in plain 2D. That's why I don't go to movies that much, only when I'm asked, the pain ruins the experience.

Did you mean
Everything in Watchmen

no shit shirlock seeing as it happened in the comics

shit on you

I think he had the best motivation but was entirely too master mindy and planned his whole revenge on coincidences and chances that worked out for him

>cartoonish and laughable

it's a kids movie dude relax.

>I have no idea of what it was
Post-conversion is when they film a movie in 2D, and then digitally convert it to 3D. Generally you want to see things in the native format they were filmed in. Where do you live that there is only one theater, showing a big movie like Civil War in only one format?

None.

Civil War is literally kino.