Hey

Hey.
Do you read? If you do, I'd like some help. Do you have a suggestion for a book like The Game, by Neil Strauss? In the sense that it has a story behind it, it isn't just a load of tips and case studies. I'd like a book that has that self improvement thing about it, with a story behind it.
I also really loved Columbine the book, the story about the whole massacre. I enjoy true stories, like that. Any suggestions? Also, good tier book thread.

Art of War.
Timeless and effective

Really old, but quite interesting

Looks like a small book.

What's it about?

What's this one about?

I just lost the game

And what's this one about?

Please give a brief description and review

These books are generally strategy.

I'm a very disorganized, undisciplined, shitty millennial kid.
But these books have taught me to plan, prep, and just try to do better. That's what I got from it.

Ahh right, decent. I've never read anything like that, I'll give it a go, thank you.

Any suggestions for manipulation?

The Writer Jim Goad presents a thoroughly reasoned, cynically funny, yet angry defense of America's most hated, misunderstood social group: Redneck/hillbilly/trailer-trash, etc..
He argues that America's dirty little secret isn't racism but it's class-ism, and it's pretty well written.

I'm from the UK, so I don't really know of rednecks or not nearly half about America than the average American. Will I still enjoy it?

Those Books will help with manipulation.
Especially 48 laws

Art of War is literally about War.

The history channel actually did a good documentary about Art of War and how it applied to many battles fought in the past including the Vietnam War

Oh shit, wonderful!

I like these books because they're engaging and I can learn from them to become a better me. Have these books helped you?

British people have one of theee best black-comedy movies.

I think you will, try to find it on PDF for free

Alright, cheers.
I'll buy it.

Stories about survival by a camp survivor.

This book is what inspired Robert Greene(48 law of power)

The Prince by Nico Machiavelli

He wrote this a guide for a prince on how to rule a kingdom.

for example if he wanted to be either a Tyrannical Ruler or Clerical Ruler(benevolent to people, rather than nobles)
He give insight on the consequences of being either types, and lists step by step to achieve one's aims and pretty much staying alive.

If I'm wrong, please correct me, it's been a while since I read it(8 years ago)

Oh yes, I saw that one while searching for a good book.

He's been to three Jew camps and survived, right?
I'm not a huge fan of war history, but I feel like the lessons in this book are worth learning. I may give it a go, thanks for the recommendation.

Anything else?
Always looking for those kinds of books regarding survival.

Sounds good, is it a story or samples of different situations?

Also, can it be applied to me, as in could I benefit as a person by reading this? Don't mean to sound like a cunt but I don't know how else to word it. Can this book make me a better person?

Samples of situations with history to back his insights and claims.

On being a better person? I don't know I certainly don't think I'm good person, Shit, I lurk around Sup Forums for fuck sakes hahaha

But you just can't say "No" to knowledge

The prince gives mostly samples of situations with history to back his insights and claims.

And on being a better person?
I don't know I certainly don't think I'm good person, Shit, I lurk around Sup Forums for fuck sakes at 29 hahaha

But you just can't say "No" to knowledge

Ah yeah, that's the type I'm not fan of. It's hard to find a good story that helps.

But thank you

Ah yeah, that's the type I'm not a fan of. It's hard to find a good story that helps.

But thank you

I bought, doubled the value and sold 2 small smoke shops
in California by age 25, and I'm Poor section 8 kid, who grew up with shit.

I failed 9 businesses total, by trusting the wrong people.
But I saved 5 retail stores by raising their daily sales by 30% daily
Because the owners are my friends.

My Failures, I blame it on my ignorant impulses.
My successes, I credit it to purely Books, really.

Yes. It's about the psychology of being a prisoner in a camp, it doesn't care about war history. There's no Nazi bashing or details of all the terrible things they did.

Sorry, I don't have any other.

Good Stories? History is a Story itself, Just it really Happened(supposedly)

I don't know, I'll keep lookin for you

That's decent, I like that idea.

Yeah I get you, but I want some main characters and shit

hmmm
Macbeth by Shakespeare
perhaps?

The recent Movie is really good, but a lot of the "Fat" was cut from the original book