Nissan 1987 300ZX Turbo Thread/General Car Thread

Nissan 1987 300ZX Turbo Thread/General Car Thread.

So I purchased a 1987 300zx turbo a week ago and there are a few thing that need fixing. I can't find any very active forums that can help me out or that I find worth it signing up to.

Here are some of the issues:

Fuel Gauge doesn't work (Guessing it needs a new fuel sending unit)
When driving you feel every bump in the road. (Guessing it needs new suspension)
Steering is a little stiff (I just topped up power steering, but put way too much in)
Steering wheel shakes at about 100KM/60MPH
When driving over cracks very fast the car shifts to left and right. (Might need new stabalizers? Not sure.)

Anyway, I need help with some solutions or any advice would be nice.

Pic related, it looks exactly like my car except picture is better quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

1312484.igenapps.com/go-figure#0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have a shop look at the guage - it could be something stupid and you can avoid excess repairs fixing it yourself. The car rumbles because it needs new shocks/struts and the car veers left because it needs a steering alignment at a shop. Literally all of those issues are just expected of an older car and aren't a big deal except the fuel guage. As long as the RPMs are consistent steady and it shifts smooth your fine.

Kys

Thezstore.com hybridz.com zcar.com

Unfortunately It's an automatic. The RPM when idling go to about 400 which worries me. I'm not sure if that's normal for a V6. I'm no expert. I'm just learning about cars now and I'm very interested.

Very helpful post. Thank you.

Probably bad ball joints, stabilizer links, and possibly control arm bushings m8. 1982 280zx here. Straight 6 is far superior

Is there a lot of banging or posing noise coming from the front when you hit bumps or turn really tight?

Popping my b

When I turn there is a kind of grinding feeling. Almost like it needs new bearings or something. I'm not really sure. Also when I turn the car on the is a "ZIINGGG" noise for half a second sometimes.

my wheels with my bikini mom and sis washing it.
1312484.igenapps.com/go-figure#0

That noise when first turning on is the fuel pump. Normal. But it definitely sounds like at least one bad ball joints among other things

Could be shocks or struts, along with tire alignment, wheel bearings, tie rods, etc. Shaking is caused by a lot of things.

I guess I'll get the fuel pump changed also, because there was also some skipping when I floor it. Maybe I should just get a tune up done. I'm not sure. I want to get the performance on this thing perfect. Then I'll work on the body.

You probably need to just add a gallon of water to the gas tank. Should take care of the problem with the fuel pump.

I hope you didnt pay to much for it. The 84-89 was the black sheep generation for z cars. Not much power potential, unreliable, and quite a few issues involving the tech used. The fuel pump is fine if it only makes that noise for a few seconds after you turn it on. From what you have described though, I believe you need some front end chassis and suspension parts. Most likely nothing crazy but watch how much money you put into. It may not be worth it. When you can, upgrade to either a 82 or 83 280zx or a 90-94 300zx.

google 300ZX, or nissan forums. Register to many, especially to those with the most threads / replies.
Unlike /b, auto forums are actually helpful, and the more members the more info

>Water

Don't mislead the lad like that.

Sugar is a gas tanks lifeblood

I paid $1800CAD for it. So not that bad. This car is pretty reliable and in good shape from what I see. It's not like I need the engine swapped out. Can you explain why thiat generation for Z's were black sheep?

Yeah I'll probably end up just signing up to all of them. None of them get much replies to be honest.

Lel. Also I heard if you delete system32 while you're in the car is cures the cancer within the fuel chamber.

Sorry I assumed everyone just knows already to sugar down your car water.

You a pussy.....FOOL

the grinding while turning means your power steering is fucked m8.

It's definitely not that type of grinding. Not a grinding noise like you're thinking. It's a grinding feeling in the wheels (idk how i can even say that I feel different parts of the car from the steering wheel), but when I'm taking corners there is a grinding as if the bearing are shot.

does it happen while braking around corners? could be like ball joints or the entire A-arm/control arm. I dunno, I work in a part store so Im giving it my best assumptions.