Music doesn't feel as good anymore
and everyday I begin to realize how
much dumber I am than I thought.
My nihilism won't let me give a shit
about anything and the only thing keeping
me from offing myself is the obligation
to live for my parents.

music for this feel

why would I bother coming up with a good rec if music doesn't feel good to you anymore

ARE YOU ME????

Been bumping the new Tribe album

How do I cure it?

I don't get the same shivers I used to,
beach boys are the last band that
are doing it for me and I gotta find a way
to increase the feel
Should I start exercising?

Develop a proper addiction

And stop writing in poems you cuck

>everyday I begin to realize how
>much dumber I am than I thought
This is the worst feel.

How often do you jerk it?

This. I want to know

constantly, whenever there is nothing on my mind or when no one is around

>whenever there is nothing on my mind
So all the time?

Maybe you've worn out your dopamine receptors from excessive masturbation. I remember another Sup Forumstant saying he had stopped jerking off for a few months, and music became enjoyable for him again.

>worn out your dopamine receptors
kek
also

I'll try this

>obligation to live for my parents

iktf

Listen up OP. I know this feel. Exercise, buddy. That's what you gotta do. Go running. Lift weights. And spend some time outdoors. And try not to sit down too often. None of this is going to entirely solve your problems but it'll help you feel better.

How much do you listen to music? Do you do other things too? (besides masturbating)

(continued) Also quit jerking off so much. It'll just depress you further.

I don't do much and listen to and make music very VERY often. I can't help it.

QFT

Nothing to contribute to this thread though.

"HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED"

jesus fuck m8, you even seen Into the Wild?
That was the solitary message. There is no point in anything unless you are able to share it with others.

SHARE MUSIC WITH FRIENDS.
JAM OUT AND MAKE MUSIC WITH FRIENDS.
SING LOVE BALLADS TO WOMEN.
HUM OUT LOUD IN YOUR DAY TO DAY.
ASK STRANGERS WHAT MUSIC MOVES THEM.

I've been writing music since I was 16, and 10 years later I can barely even bring myself to pick up my guitar. My passion is dead.

But that once a week where I get to practice with my bandmates? That is literal heaven.

Stop cooping yourself up and let others in. Get some dialogue going in real time. Get the fuck off Sup Forums.

listen to trap

what kinda music u make

hip-hop, house, techno, trance, jungle, dnb and possibly IDM

Not OP, but this seems like good advice. Just what I need right now. Thanks for posting.

Maybe try limiting the time you spend on music, at least for a while. Like, find other hobbies. Most of us here listen to too much music. I'd suggest getting into /lit/erature.

Literally fucking me. I mean, I still enjoy music to some extent but I don't get any "emotion" from it other than "this sounds pretty cool" or whatever. I want to know how it feels to cry to an album. Fuck.
How the fuck do you share shit like No Wave and Avant-garde Jazz with your friends? The only thing me and my friends both like are The Beatles and I'm sick of them already

I spend a lot of time playing guitar in my room and I'm alright at it but it took me too long to realize I have zero creativity.

>How the fuck do you share shit like No Wave and Avant-garde Jazz with your friends?

Welp, you never know until you try. But that's part of it. You have to go out to places where you can meet the kind of people that DO listen to this stuff. You have to pursue relationships with likeminded people.

I've met 4 creative partners off craigslist alone, just by sending off emails to ppl who post ads wanting to create music.
In university, I knew a couple guys who were in a band, and ended up stealing the guitar player to come play with me. He did simply BECAUSE we both liked No Wave, Krautrock, and shit like that.
I even worked with a kid that was like 7-8 years younger than myself who was first getting into music, and I encouraged him to keep experimenting and creating. Now he makes pretty sweet vapor shit, and I might even end up doing a project with the guy.

Just talk to people. If you breathe music, you have no other option but to find others that do too.

It's impossible to be a Sup Forumstant on your own. It's mastubatory, it's lonely, it's self-alienating... you need to reach out to people that care about music as much as you do. Believe me, they're out there.

It's called "ennui" It happens to anybody who isn't a dim witted moron. Take a break from constantly listening to music. Find other aesthetic pastures. Otherwise you will never appreciate music like you did.

P.S. Nihilism is a fucking meme. The fact you brought it up makes you a meme. Stop being a meme
t. somebody who had the same problem out of high school

take a break from listening to music. i havent gotten as deep into this lack luster feeling as you but i realized in the beginning of september when i had wayy more time than i did compared to the rest of the year. i was alot more eager to listen to music, and it was alot more fun.

you could also try forcing yourself to listen to genres you've never liked before. for example say you dont like country. only listen to country and try to find something you like. Cant promise it'll work but it does for me