My doggo (pic related) was put down yesterday. If you're a frequent here...

My doggo (pic related) was put down yesterday. If you're a frequent here, you may have remembered me talking about my doggo here. We went to the vet about three weeks ago thinking he had a sock or something in his throat because he was making coughy and hacky noises. The vet gave us some antibiotics and said to come back if he doesn't improve. After a week of cough pills and antibiotics, nothing. We took him in again, this time for an x-ray. We expected a napkin or sock or something, but his lungs were absolutely RIDDLED with splotches. Apparently, a tumor formed somewhere in his body and spread to his lungs. The vet said we have two months max. They put him on steroids to keep his lungs open so he can be comfortable. That's when I posted here before. A lot of you recommended an antibiotic that's been proven to rapidly slow tumor growth in dogs. Unfortunately, this wasn't my place to make a decision. It wouldn't have mattered, because after two weeks, he started being lethargic. He was good ol' normal Chewie until the last three days. He wouldn't eat the meat with the pills anymore. Normally, he'd be all over meat. He just wasn't interested. He lost control over his bladder. A side effect of his steroids is heavy thirst and urination. Ill never forget watching my poor buddy lay on the couch with his paw waving at me asking for a belly rub, but with every wave he peed. There are towels laid all over the house. In fact, there's one sitting underneath the sheet on the couch i'm sitting on to type this still. He had no control. He reluctantly went outside still that day. His front paws were starting to angle inwards, he's getting weaker. Fast forward to the next day, he was a mess. He didn't get up except for once or twice, and that was just to go flop next to me. Just remembering that he scraped up his last drops of leaking energy just to be with me is amazing to me. (cont)

(cont from op) He wouldn't even lift his arm to let me rub his belly anymore. I lifted it for him, and rubbed his pee soaked belly. We tried to feed him all day. We had steak pinwheels for dinner that day, and he ended up eating two little bites of steak. Fast forward to tomorrow. He's throwing up on the carpet while laying on his side (similar to pic) I pick him up and set him in the front lawn. I get my dad to pull the car out of the garage and park in the grass. I go and clean up the mess while dad watches doggo. Our neighbors have heard about him, and some come up to pet him or give him a kiss. Normally, Chewie hates any neighbors like any dog, but he couldn't do much. He was in so much pain. We lift him into the back of the car (it's a honda pilot if that makes any more sense) and I sit back there with him. We drove to the vet.

RIP Chewbacca. 2007 - 2016

Also, general doggo / feels thread.

Rip Chewbacca.

rip doggo

That's a dog gone sad tail you got there OP. Pretty ruff. Howl will you ever cope with the loss?

RIP Doggo
sorry for your loss user

RIP

Jesus Christ how badly do you want attention?

rip in pieces

RIP Chewie

Guess your day really went to the dogs, eh OP?

Here, I've got some dubs to cheer you up

Looks like I forget them at home

My dog almost choked to death yesterday. He actually blacked out on the floor before I picked him up and gave him the worlds most violent Heimlich Maneuver.

Im sorry op. I had to euthanize my dog with a drug cocktail because she went into status epilepticis after having cancer . it sucked. When you are ready adopt a dog from a rescue. They need lobe and it will help you heal

I had a purebred boxer from when I was a small child up until I was 21.

At age 21 my mental illness effected mother had a melt down and hit me with a baseball bat. She then called the police and told them I was threatening to kill her with the bat so they came and arrested me.

Got sent to my dads place(parents are divorced) and couldn't take the dog because my Step mother (that cunt) collects cats from outside and shelters (they have around 15 in the house).

So after my mother kicked me out she told police I wasn't allowed back in to get my stuff, so I was banned from the home.

Mother sold the house, threw away all my belongings or gave them away to the less fortunate, and moved about 25 minute drive from our original home.

New home was a rental, no doggo allowed.

Mother contacted aunt who breeds dogs and cats and has a small outdoor ranch style home on the lake. Aunt refused to take the dog because the property isn't fenced.

Mother takes dog to get euthanasized.

RIP Doggo
Dad just recently put mine down because she had mange and didnt care enough to try to treat it. I left him a few months ago because, I found out he threatend and tried to beat my mother. I don't know why he didn't try to save her instead of putting her down...She was wild at times but, that was her.. and he put that dog down just because he didn't care to do anything for her. I missed my dog and, I was about to move her in with me at my mothers house. I had a little spot set up for her in the backyard. I will never forgive my dad for this. Lady 2014-2016

Here I am thinking 9 was young :( sorry user

This was my dog, Archie. Took this pic our last night together. Putting him down was the hardest death I have had to deal with. Watching him stumble around and fall over and drag himself into the room I was in just to be near me was the most tragic, saddest thing i've seen. Tucked him in and made him comfy shorty after that

Poor doggo. May you keep this magnificent friend of man in your heart OP.

Thanks, I haven't even told my mother or any of my family yet...

I just got a new pupper yesterday it's gonna suck when I have to go through this