Pele-Maradona-Messi?

At this point and with no doubt chronologically the history of football is this: Pele, Maradona, Messi.

The most fair thing to do, because of the level they reached in this game, is to separate them in different eras...but...Aside of trophies and personal awards. Who's better for you?

For me 1.Messi 2. Maradona (almost technichally tied with Lionel) 3. Pele (mainly because he played in the Pleistocene of football)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5rftoMXeGp0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Messiteca/Maradona
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Messiteca
youtube.com/watch?v=6Nc-_QFieDg
youtube.com/watch?v=iFXSHSzc9W8
youtube.com/watch?v=c_zaZDfnsmg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1. Pele (3 WC)
2. Maradona (1 WC)
3. Messi (0 WC)

Easy

>tf
>tt

Zidane

1. Pele-Maradona tied up
2. Zidane-Fenomeno
99. system babby

Theyre all overrated

Pele played 60 years ago against factory workers
Maradona won nothing besides that 1 wc
Messi is a proven systembaby

>forgetting Friedenreich

shiggy diggy

>Maradona won nothing besides that 1 wc

>Pele GOAT national team career
>Messi GOAT club level career
>Maradona a mix of both

> 3 titles

WOOOW its fucking nothing

He won more than that. That's just the ones with shitty teams

Rooney

>systembabby

kinda of hard not to be since you only play in two different systems and the one you're successful in doesn't have comical chokers to fuck up your brilliance

>Roma 2nd

He led them to their only titles in history right? He could have gone on to better clubs but probably became attached to Napoli.

Missi missing the penalty vs. Chile was anyone but him's fault?

Which one of these players is not like the others?

DIEGO Y ARMANDO Y MARADONA

LA MANO DE DIOS,

EL NINO DIVINO,

SIMPLY, DIEGUITO.

>pele
literally stat pad master

Messi, the only one to win the Champions League out of those 3 :^)

To answer the OP
1. Messi
2. Maradona
3. Pele

Different era, different football and rules (they changed them drastically after 1990 WC) Maradona was really well at Argentinos Juniors and Boca (at least in Metropolitano and not in Torneo Nacional of 1981). Then after the most expensive transfer on the history of football at that point he failed miserably in Barcelona.

Then again, he was banned (Copa del Rey final) and again he was the most expensive transfer of history (Napoli was like Manchester City at that moment). Then you have the best years of Maradona. Starting in 1986 and ending in that final of the WC in 1990.

>he failed miserably in Barcelona.
no he didn't, he got injured, and still managed to win Copa del Rey humiliating Real Madrid in the finals

>garrincha godlike
pele king like
maradona coke like
messi autism like

Aside of trophies and individual awards...
The consistence of Messi is only comparable to Pele.

The only thing superior that i see of Pele is obviously his headers game.

yeah he fucked up that one final, but biglia also missed so its shared,also he made several assists but the chokers gotta choke

Ok, now try not to be so emotional.

1. Maradona
2. Messi
3. someone other than a player from 1950

I honestly didn't believe Maradona was that good but the more I researched the better he seemed, and this video is ridiculous

youtube.com/watch?v=5rftoMXeGp0

>Forgetting fat Ronaldo

Smh

maradona, pele, zidane never needed to blame higuain for their failures

memes and patriotism aside, you can seriously compare Pelé and Maradona, maybe even Beckenbauer or Cruijff and discuss that

Messi is completely not on their level, no matter what >muh professional game or >muh physicality crap one can come up with just because he plays now, one reason being that he was made almost like a cyborg to play this kind of football

spain won a world cup and euros without messi

messi cant win shit without barça's core

That only part of the history, i study all his history in that club. Those two seasons.

Compared with his succes with Argentinos and Napoli, he clearly failed in Barcelona (Copa del Rey, UEFA against Manchester United, La Liga, etc).

>le one great season man

because burruchaga managed to score, or else Maradona would've been an irrelevant shitter with 2 italian titles and 0 world cups

Pele is way above the other two.

Falling for those 3 memes. You are a fool

Then why do Maradona and Zidane only have 6 league titles and 1 CL combined?

this 2bh
Pele played against full time streetsweepers and electricians

Memes and patriotism lead to underrate Messi in this way.
By the way, i have all stats for Maradona career and Messi, and i'm working on Pele at this point. So i know them very well (the real history, not the myths adn memes of Pele, Messi and Maradona)

today's generation is the most imbalanced football has ever been

nowadays there are 3 all star teams in europe that can literally pick any player they want

it's not fair to compare, if you watch Maradona match tape from the late 80s, all the defenders are so slow, but he is pretty damn fast.

Meanwhile if you watch match tape of Messi vs defenders in the world cup, he gets closed down within 2 seconds.

Maradona would've needed 2 kilos of cocaine to play with the defenders today. They are bigger, faster, stronger. Sure they are not allowed to foul as much, but that's because the marking is so tight nowadays there needs to be rules against things.

lol messi wouldnt even play on maradona's time

there would be no HGH for him idiot

You didn't answer the question.

Don't let patriotism close your mind. I a know this because i live in rebel-Texas. I know how can nasty patriotism can lead to hate agaist (in this case Messi, for example)

>Patrician taste
Leonidas
Giuseppe Meazza
Pele
Zico
Mario Kempes

that works both ways

today's teams play like African teams used to play in 1994, 1998... we're actually seeing less technical ability and more pace babbies, but does that make today's players better or worse judging on technicals?

Maradona's age was the most technical in football, compare his and Zico's highlights with anyone today and there is a marked difference

The barely watched a full game of the 80s. The pre-Arrigo Sacchi football.

They barely know how drastically the rules changed after 1990 WC and how slow the game was.

pele played at a time when plumber wasn't even a job. he played against sub-plumbers basically.

Platini
Zidane
Pele

Lmfao

Do you think Maxwell is the best player in the world? he won 12 domestic league titles

>A team accomplishment reflects on a single person's skill.

That's true. Unfortunately we see less technical football because they are killing it with a phisical-based game. That's why players like Messi, Iniesta or Riquelme are so rare. The future sadly is more for Cristiano's Ronaldo's type of players.

>this meme

professionalism was a thing in Europe and South America mostly, for 15 years before Pelé, and he managed to dominate South American club football which was the Europe of the time

it's like nobody cares to study football history

Ok, now try to be less troll and chauvinist

You still didn't answer the question.

But I'm glad that you brought up that team accomplishments can't be used to measure individual skill and greatness.

yes i did, im sorry your autism didnt let you infer from it

Spain won a worldcup and euros without messi, yet he cant win anything on argentina

He plays literally on a allstar team, when maradona played on a shit side

60s where a more romantic time for football? Yes, and I love 60s and 50s.

They played better on those years? No, that was not even modern football (not even Rinus Michels Holland at this point)

Don't be blind

youtube.com/watch?v=6Nc-_QFieDg

So first you say that Maradona didn't need to blame anyone for his failures and then you blame his lack of team accomplishments on shit team mates.

Interdasting...

Pele without doubt is the most over-rated footballer in the history of the game. Pele played along side far better and humble footballers in Jair, Rivelino, Jarzinho, Didi, Vava, Garrincha, Tostao, Carlos Alberto etc. Even Emile Heskey would have looked half-decent playing with these greats. Now Im not saying Pele is that bad but Pele stole the headlines from his more talented and humble team-mates. Pele was the media darling and because he spoke English quickly adapted to becoming FIFAs poster boy. Pele moved to America on an extortionate salary and played in the MLS.

Pele might have scored over 1000 career goals but lets be honest here...the Brazilian national league as well as the various state leagues are played almost all year around and often in the state leagues Pele was playing against very third-rate teams often featuring carpenters and farmers. Pele being the greatest goalscorer in history is laughable and its just like saying Ali Daei from Iran is the greatest ever internation striker just because he has scored the most international goals.

After retiring Pele has continued being FIFAS poster boy and now he is Sepp Blatter and Jack Warners lapdog puppet ambassador travelling the globe and talking absolute rubbish. Its laughable.

Then there was that awful 125 greatest ever footballers list where he picked ridiculous names and left out real greats like Gerson, Tostao, Tom Finney and Denis Law and instead included El Hadji-Diouf, Hong Myung-Bo etc. It was utterly laughable. Gerson tore up the list live on Brazilian TV

Maradona didn't fail my friend, he won when it mattered the most ;)

didn't really go into quality of the era, but on the argument there was no professionalism and the old "but Pelé didn't even go to Europe"

>Won 2 WCs
>Took Brazil to the final in 1998
>Scored twice against a highly defensive Germany in 2002
>Top goalscorer in WCs until 2014
>2 Ballons d'Or
>Fucked traps

Dude's a legend m8

>mfw people think either of those 3 are GOAT

actual GOAT reporting in

Who can forget Peles nostradamus like precitions like Colombia winning the 1994 world cup, an African nation winning the world cup before 2000 and hailing Nicky Butt as the player of the 2002 world cup.

These days Pele travels the globe as Blatter/Warners lapdog puppet ambassador. Pele bows to the Blatter/Warner cabal and I simply have absolutely no respect for him.

He claims he scored over a thousand goals, except 526 goals of those came from UNOFFICIAL friendlies and tour games. He OFFICIALLY scored 757 goals in 812 games. As great as Pelé's goal scoring ratio was, it pales in comparison to Fernando Peyroteo. Of course, Pelé probably would dismiss Peyroteo's achievements. A real gauge of Pelé's goal-scoring ability was his international record. He never scored four goals or more in a game and his 77 goals in 92 games is mortal, as opposed to his mythical 1,283 goals.

Speaking of World Cups, where are his achievements? He doesn't have the most all-star appearances, or wins, or the most goals both overall and in a single tournament or game. He wasn't event he top scorer FOR BRAZIL in 1970. In fact, he was outperformed every single world cup. Why does Pele never talk about that SILVER boot he won?

Another funny thing is that Pele claims he's won three world cups when really he was benched in the 1962 world cup due to an injury. It was Garrincha who singlehandedly won the World Cup fro Brazil, not Pele. Speaking of his teammaters, he ommitted quite a shocking amount of them from his self-made "List of greatest living footballers", including the beast that was Jairzinho, who scored in every single game Brazil played during the 1970 WC. I guess he doesn't like sharing his "glory".

>Maradona is the GOAT because the only thing that matters in judging who's GOAT is this one particular team achievement
every time

>not putting the GOAT Ronaldo at #1
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>messi is the goat because he scored 40 goals on his allstar team

maradona proved he could carry any team in the world, messi cant.

You need to still watch more football m8.
That was Maradona peak. We have a lot of Mesis peak games and seasons so you are biased.

You can watch this lo learn the whole career (and noo the myth) of Maradona. All his success and failuries.

>strawmanning this hard
Messi is the GOAT because no other player in history had his combination of goalscoring, passing/creativity and dribbling ability.

Quite simply, no one has played the game of football better than Messi.

Quite easy answer the trophy was dominated by Teams not only players, this wasnt a real measure for Legendary and stills not otherwise Daniel Alves should be on the top of your chart dude

Mesut, how do you know those other footballers you named are better than Pele? All we have of those is stories and legends.
He's over rated, yes, but maybe it could be the managers reason they were so great

Van Basten

I dont even know what the 1 season he is even talking about.

The Barcelona one? Stupid when he was playing better the next season for Inter.

from this comment alone im pretty sure you were born after 1994 and this is the first generation of players you actually watched

Other thing, the fact that we still consider Pele, the fact that he is still relevant at this point (after playing in that type of football) is a point in favour o Pele. That talks us about his real quality.

Le Crystal Foot

Wrong on both counts.

>not including Jairzinho, Gerson, and Tostao some of his greatest teammates on the list

this was for personal reasons right?

7 games in 1 year m8, you need to see the whole picture.

And also you know very well how he failed in 1982, 1990 WC. 1987 (in Argentina) Copa America, and 1989 CA. Lest not count 1994 WC.

He is probably young but he is not wrong in the fact that Messi has the best of Pele (goalscoring ability) and Maradona (goals and vision).

its either that you are stupid, i'll side on youngness and naiveness

>____ is the GOAT because no other player in history had his combination of goalscoring, passing/creativity and dribbling abilities

this is such a generic comment that it applies to literally every player mentioned on this thread

Messi plays like 5 different positions in a single game for Argentina while the other plays stand around jerking off. It's no wonder the entire country is literally crying right now beginning for him to come back. Your little corrupt shithole of a country never deserved anyone like this.

People that consider Messi any good, do not know anything about soccer. I would not even put Messi next to Pele or Maradona.

Overrated? Yes, just like anny other player
1000 goals? No

Aside that, watch match of this guy and you can clearly note his quality. His best years, 1962 to 1966, have many classic games.

Elías Figueora

youtube.com/watch?v=iFXSHSzc9W8

hahahaha, how much of this have you seen?, I rather look at far more complete players such as Zidane if you think about Sacrifice or Platini any other day.

Please, don't embarras me and our rebel Texas country...

Texas Here, he atleast does brings good names to the conversation.

Brazil in the 1982 World Cup had it more unfairly than any other team m8 that team had Zico, Sócrates, Falcão and Jorginho, if they had won that Zico or Sócrates would be in these best players of all time lists today and forever

That's is partially true, he inflated his statistics agains many regionals teams in Brazil unfortunately

>team accomplishment
>Messi in charge of winning on non-stacked to the max as fuck teams
>manage to lose 3 finals with stacked to fuck Argentina teams

>Sócrates, Falcão and Jorginho,

overrated shit

Not Socrates, but Zico that was the Cristiano Ronaldo of Maradona.

Zico was amazing but he dind't have the consistence, even if he had win the 82 WC. Is pretty sad that single season in Udinese. By the way, there is a classic match against Maradona (4-3 for Napoli)

>don't embarras me
the fuck you talking about faggot, the OP topic is admitting freely you've being fucked up the ass by the "general opinion" spoon fed to you by the media. Aside from the obvious, considering that only players who attack and score goals are the best of all time in football... fuckin cuck.

Yes. Chronologically, and being very pragmatic, the history of Brazil (from Maracanazo to this days) is Pele-Zico-Ronaldo-Ronaldinho

Wew lad, you really love the sport. Are you working on a thesis or something?

>Italy, Brazil, and Argentina in the same group

what the fuck was wrong with that world cup

I'm the OP...don't be chauvinistic...Don't be a "Huaso Lalo" or a "periodista de Chilevision o MEGA" my wea weona la wea m8

watch this video and bow to your gods faggots!

youtube.com/watch?v=c_zaZDfnsmg

the real history of footy.
1960's: moore, Charlton, Pele, Yashin
1970's: Beckenbauer, Cryuff, banks, muller
1980's: maradona, plantini, van basten
1990's: maldini, baggio, beckham, laudrup schmeichel
2000's: fat ronaldo, messi, zidane, buffon
2010's: neuer, messi, iniesta,