Now that the dust has settled, which is Vaporwaves magnum-opus?

Now that the dust has settled, which is Vaporwaves magnum-opus?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcpu.bandcamp.com/album/holograms
pointnever.bigcartel.com/product/chuck-person-s-eccojams-vol-1
youtube.com/watch?v=w3bxhofufFg
youtube.com/watch?v=T9pgZPqYof4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

eccojams, because its the most vaporwave you can get while being genuinely, 100% serious and artful, also its the first so it gets avant garde cred

If we're talking about the five most important albums for the development of vaporwave I would eliminate the left ass one and replace it with BB0.

I think that Floral Shoppe should be universally recognized as the most important album in the vaporwave movement. This album contains several key attributes which primed it for its role in solidifying a genre:
>Established a simple formula for imitators to emulate, leading to LOW BARRIERS OF ENTRY for others looking to join in on the fun
>Presented a subtle/familiar/unnerving aesthetic which successfully encompassed the popular nostalgia for the 90s
>Released by a faceless entity
>SPAMMED TO OBLIVION

The other albums on the list comparatively miss the mark compared to the genre-defining bar that Floral Shoppe set
>BB0 and 2814 aren't particularly nostalgic in their aesthetic
>FSV and Eccojams released by already well established artists

If I had to rank these albums though I would say Eccojams > Floral Shoppe > Far Side Virtual > BB0 > 2814

if you consider replica vaporwave, then that. If not, then eccojams

The MIDI CGI aesthetic is interesting but does not hold a candle to he merits of the other albums
I agree that eccojams being the first album to be considered vaporwave lends it artistic credibility. However I disagree that it is 100% serious, especially when Dan seems to support this view. Part of the mass appeal of vaporwave is that it's not meant to be entirely genuine

While I love replica and its use of samples I think its relatively complex song structures, lack of discernible nostalgia, and its stature as a major release by an established artist dissuades me from considering it vaporwave

Where can i listen to the album on the left

Hey Lopatin. Can you stop posting today. Nobody really likes you. Your work is dull and your Eccojams remaster is really pathetic.

here soundcpu.bandcamp.com/album/holograms

I actually meant to post Skeleton by him.... That ones more 'historical' i think

Sweet thank ya bruv

Floral Shoppe is the most important but IMO it's also the worst. Eccojams is the best one on there quality wise by a country mile.

That 2814 album.

its actually this

>ERPing
Please fuck off

It's Blank Banshee 0 without a doubt

Saint Pepsi

What is "this"?

nyetscape 3.0, that ain't exactly black metal font

just because its in your recommended on youtube doesnt mean its vaporwave faggot

Ya caught me.

In reality it's BB0 or Macintosh Plus

>inb4 I noticed the words
Thanks man

Deep Fantasy

Far Side Virtual... and it's not a contest. It's an album that embodies the post-modern irony that has come to define the genre perfectly, both sonically and aesthetically. IMO, Internet Club's "Redefining the Workplace" is the only other vaporwave album that felt like a uniquely coherent listening experience.

2814 isn't a vaporwave, it's ambient. But it's by far the best out of the five

Hologram Plaza

I don`t know man I think most people recognize that butt over the other album

Truth. If Vaporwave stopped upon its release, it would have been an amazing genre.

landmark album but not the opus.

far side virtual is my fave but its not the opus
imo its eccojams or macintosh plus kinda like this guy said.

the other albums posted here are pretty good but dont have near the impact as those 5 albums have.

Jesus you're such a faggot the most well known song on floral shoppe is literally just a slowed down Diana Ross song you teenager

It's actually this

Btw what's everyone's favorite vaporwave track? Mine is eccojams A4

I forgot about internet club. I would argue that IC's albums and Vektroid's early vaporwave overlap quite a bit but "her" works are better produced and were spammed more leading her to be the more important figure. I love IC though I haven't listened to redefining the workplace. Dreams 3D and NHK are my favorite albums by him.

I disagree with FSV being the most important vaporwave album. Yes the aesthetic is on point and likely unparalleled by subsequent vaporwave releases, but I think a key element of vaporwave is the low barriers of entry for artists. I think floral shoppe and eccojams not only presented a maddeningly nostalgic aesthetic but also did so in such a way as to encourage listeners to participate in diving deeper into their feelings about the past. Also FSV is not very sample heavy.

Sure 420 is by far the most well known vw track and to be honest to some extent it's fair to reduce the merits of floral shoppe to the merit of that track since vektroid basically used the same formula throughout. However the other tracks on the album, particularly the dancing fantasy tracks, present a cohesive portrait of early 90s aesthetic and I think you would be incorrect to dismiss the rest of the album

pointnever.bigcartel.com/product/chuck-person-s-eccojams-vol-1

Fuck, where can I get this now that what.cd is dead?

Something that was made before it became a shit meme for normalfags. AKA something from your pic

Rather a boring answer but Floral Shoppe I think takes the title.

>I only listened to the meme track and nothing more

i've personally only really connected with 2 8 1 4.

that album soothes my soul and is amongst one of my favs ever. it's just easy listening escapism for when i just want to zone out.

and i really like the first skeleton one too.

Yo you should listen to Redefining the Workplace. It really goes beyond to become properly psychedelic and melancholic.

I honestly kind of miss really liking vaporwave. I can barely listen to an entire album anymore, and it kinda makes me sad.

People like to say vaporwave is a meme and it's shit, and while i do agree that any release past 2012 is irrelevant, it was one of the genre that made me really interested in music. The sheer absurdity that comes with the whole concept and the early anonyomous and eerie atmosphere left me intrigued. It made me want to know more and while i searched for more stuff i just got into different genres and artists and soon the whole thing just wore off for some reason. I really wanted to enjoy those records again, but maybe that would only happen through a different perspective.

If i had to pick an magnum opus it would definitely be Eccojams. No doubt.

Why did the music of our generation have to be the embodiment of irony fucking WHYYY

This is awful. Shittiest decade in music ever.

I agree that Floral Shoppe is the most recognizable and really lowered the barrier to entry, but how the fuck do you rank it above FSV? Vektroid is an uncreative hack. Lopatin and Ferraro employ genuinely creative compositional ideas.

Ignore the vaporwave part and just enjoy Eccojams and FSV for what they are. They're good music even if you've never heard of vaporwave.

Far Side Virtual just kind of did what avant garde electronic musicians were already doing in the 80s and 90s, but did it in a really boring and uninspired way (and added retarded skype sounds on top of it)

eccojams has the most artistic merit, its very well done
floral shoppe is obviously the most influential though

eccojams = the velvet underground
floral shoppe = the beatles
far side virtual = your uncle dave's pink floyd cover band

literally this

youtube.com/watch?v=w3bxhofufFg

what album is that?

holograms actually

youtube.com/watch?v=T9pgZPqYof4

the hypnobutt

WKW core

that frankjavcee fag and all the other YouTube meme idiots killed vaporwave

this, and it's only getting worse

frankjavcee is a pretty funny guy though, I can forgive him for his vaporwave video

good taste for a tripfag

>not "now that the vapor has settled"

How good is pic related in comparison to the original?

I found it forgettable

vaporkino

anyone got a DL to the remaster? i loved the original, Immigration at least.