Going into alcohol rehab on Saturday, what should I expect?

Going into alcohol rehab on Saturday, what should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wHWbZmg2hzU?t=4m1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i don't know, but you are pretty retarded to drink in the first place

go to 4:01
youtu.be/wHWbZmg2hzU?t=4m1s

a bunch of chain smokers talking about how their kids have cut them out of their lives.

you might be a to see a seizure or two.

some keks, some cries

Yea, it's the seizures I'm worried about. Or stroking. I don't want to die yet.

oh boy...

how much do you drink per day?

The Thirteenth Step.

Some Rehab, No alcohol at all.

oh shit thanks user I will totally stop drinking now

we talking a state sponsored one or a nice one in malibu?

Usually 18-24 a day

State

I love hearing stories from those old school alcoholics of the 60s and 70s. They would just go from meeting to meeting all day while having the full sweats/shakes. If they were in a meeting, they weren't drinking.

oh its mr. 30 pack again. Ya know, there are tons of actual resources and real forums out there on the internet with mature, real people that have gone through this and would offer you a lot more sound advice than a fucking imageboard overrun with underage kids who are socially inept.

Yea but everything I find is just about how grateful you will be after. I'm going into it Saturday good or bad. I'm just really nervous

nah i think he's aight
Sup Forums convinced me to go to rehab for my heroin addiction

Why nervous? It's not like you're about to lose a loved one, a job, your money, etc. They're not going to beat you or tell you what a horrible person you are. I could understand loathing the necessity of it.. but nervousness I dont get

What was rehab like? It's for drugs and alcohol in the same place. Make sure you don't die during withdrawals

nah dude getting clean is like the most nerve racking thing. here you have this substance that you depend on for day-to-day functionality (for me it's heroin). if you don't take it you'll be sick, throwing up, shitting liquids, and fuck I got work tomorrow.
Example: I'm staying up way late even tho I should've fallen asleep an hour ago so I can buy a 10 sac just to shoot up in the morning.
I don't drop too much anymore, but I used to blow about $50-100 a day which sucks when you're in college.
it's just shit you need that you don't understand till you're too deep in it.

You should expect no alcohol.

nah I was fucking around. I'm not clean lol I've been using for like 3-4 years but I've never been to rehab. H withdrawal won't kill you, it just fuckin blows. the only w/drawal that can kill you is from either benzos or liquor

Part of it is just being away from my wife and dogs. Part is just realizing that I won't have alcohol ever again. And part is like what you said. Just afraid of that many people judging me. Because they would be right.

m8 nietzsche's the twattiest of twatty philosophers

A lot of soul searching

Yea, I've been wanting to stop for awhile, but it's too easy and I need it. I tried to skip a day and my heart went crazy, my wife is a nurse and convinced me to go to a facility. They wanted me to go today and I freaked out. Pushed it off till Saturday so I have 2 more nights to drink.

yea bro definitely go to a hospital for liquor withdrawal. I can just sweat my shit out but alcohol withdrawal is real dangerous and I don't want another dead addict out there. lost too many friends already. going to rehab / facility is the way to go for alcohol
good luck man and stay strong. still use H but I did drop stoges recently :)

You really, really don't want to end life via liver failure - it's fucking horrible - I've been there. Finally got a transplant but even that was a shitty two-years recovering.

Oh wow a whole two years

but the thing is that your substance IS your loved one and job.

> Underage faggot who tries to find some intelligent and edgy excuse to justify being a square and cover up his fear of alcohol confirmed

no alcohol

Yeah, adjusting to meds is fucking insane, physically and psychologically - weird depression. Shit's good now, totally clean, relationships have recovered, feeling like a real member of society. I mean, there's always a bit of that looming darkness, but just stay busy - even if it's fucking video games.

Yea, I'm 29 and already have a fatty liver. Basically my last chance is to stop now or face liver failure.

Thanks man, that actually makes me feel better. More determined.

Been to rehab 7 times in 5 different faculties. AMA.

As someone said, a lot of chain smoking, a lot of torn up families, a lot of crying, a lot of hurt and feels. Group counseling. You'll get more out of the friendships you make than any employee.

Did you find motivation to do things around the house after? I usually let my house go to shit before I clean it. Been living here Two years and still haven't finished painting.

What are my chances of sticking with it? Should I do AA after?

no alchohol

Chances are up to you. Obviously I didn't figure it out the first 6 times. Something you may find out this time around (if you're smart) or the 6th time around (if you're dumb/stubborn like me) is that you will not succeed without a support network of people in recovery. My thing was drugs, and I found NA for the first 2 years or so to be irreplaceable. I don't want to get into the whole AA/NA political argument, but it worked for me. There are other programs (much smaller) that also offer sober support networks (they vary by region, none as big as NA/AA) but you HAVE to have one. Your counselor/case manager will recommend some sort of continuing care, such as intensive outpatient treatment (ongoing therapy group counseling with peers) and I recommend you take their suggestion if you want to stay sober.

FUKIN QUADS
this means OP is getting and staying clean

Quads have spoken

OK thanks man. I'm ready to put the work in to change. Just scared of what life will be like

what drugs if you don't mind me asking

No cocaine even if you suck someones/everyone's cock.

Your experience will be whatever you make of it yourself. There is no magic cure, no medicine they can give you or therapy that will make you not want to drink again. You have to make the decision yourself. All rehab is is a place that gives you some sober time to try and make that decision. If you go in expecting them to fix you it won't work.

The sad thing is most people have that attitude and treat rehab like going to the doctor to get a pill - it takes all the responsibility off their shoulders. Doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Mine was heroin. And before you're quick to judge, we are the same.

I used heroin initially, to have fun with friends. It spiraled downwards, into judgment for my addiction, and eventually I used it to escape. I was desperately alone, and despite being highly functional, only had my drug at the end of the day. I found solace in the control I had over my life - I used my substance to escape, and nobody could take that from me. I didn't need friends. I didn't need anyone. It was a very shallow existence. I didn't have any feelings, and therefor wasn't suicidal. I just wanted to maintain that way forever; under my own terms. It wasn't until I saw my family around me literally mourning the loss of the person they had once known, before I had feelings again. Despite the strongest painkiller on earth, injected directly into my vains, I felt pain.

how old are you op, and where from? and how long is your stint at the clinic going to be? they say it takes 21 days or so to initially mentally ajust from a daily addiction, then most places keep the client for a further 3 weeks to steady them and prepare them for being clean in their normal lives

they will try and get you into a routine, waking up earlish at the same time every day, shower, you make your bed breakfast then you`ll have a one on one councilling session, usually about an hour twice a day, they`l find out what your interests is and you`l do some thing related up untill dinner time, then you make your own dinner
after dinner probly be a group session, listen to everyone elses bullshit while being steered by a councillor trying to keep everything positive, after that some kind of excercise or a walk around the grounds until supper, make your own
in the evening wash/launder and iron clothes for the next day, hang out in the communal area , shoot some pool or table tennis for a while then go to bed early.

heroin addicts represent
:(

Shitsux. My sober date was 11/28/12. I used for 2 days, 3/14/15, and have been sober since then. A girl took me down. Feelsbadman. Once you know how heroin deletes your emotions, it's hard not to lean on it during the toughest times.

ya I feel
made my mom cry last week and I'm shooting up right now in her house

>what should I expect?

to make a bunch of connects for anything you need

not having a drink for a while.

Yeah I've been through years of addiction in my moms house. Can't live there anymore. Been on my own since 2012. I've made a great life for myself. Life doesn't actually get better until you get sober. Make changes. Heroin is an empty pit of false fulfillment.

you are conscious to this, you dont get to blame heroin . dont shoot up in your moms house you piece of shit, imagine if you kicked it in the bathroom and she had to discover that? im a junkie too but goddamn man go outside or in a car or something.

Are you that faggot who beat his wife in the other thread?

Narcotics Anonymous can be really helpful. I enjoy going 2 - 3 times a week. You'll meet some of the most genuinely happy and cool people in the world there.

No alcohol

Consider yourself luckier than my brother. He flew across country to live with our parents (where I live) while he detoxes. His wife is back at his home, she's kind of doing the same but will probably be the same shitty drunk when he gets back to her, and she'll probably undo everything he accomplishes while here.

He has to sleep on the couch and deal with our neurotic parents all day. I'm at work during the day so I get to avoid that.

If alcohol rehab is anything like what they show in the movies you're gonna be fine. It will be boring but comfy, just go with it.

Your a weak cunt.

What's so hard about MODERATION, are you the first human born with no willpower?

Some people have a really hard time with it. Problem is some people say "it's just the way you are."

It's not, discipline is a skill. Like any skill, some people are born naturally good at it, but others have to work hard to develop it.

I'm a veteran of NA. It was great for the first year or two. I'm guessing I went to 2000 or so meetings in my life. After the first couple years, you realize it's just a bunch of lost teenagers, whether they're old or young. Lots of angst, drama, and desperation. Why don't you see many success stories in NA? Because people like me, that go on to be successful, stop going. It is meant to be a sort of "halfway point" between addiction and normality. Sadly, the "message" of NA is to become a lifelong member, and everyone stagnates in the messages of "we're all sick"

I'm assuming you're completely trolling, but this literally has nothing to do with willpower.

shut the uck up faggot/

I live in the city like right by my job and I don't have a car
when I have the option I definitely go elsewhere

you're probably like a fucking pill "junkie" or something

i never went but was a guard for a building meetings would rent. all i seen is A-i wanna get sober and im a weird fuck B-im really just here to get fucked and have a good time (relapse) C-im here to network cause my guy went to jail/died/wont sell to me...cheaper prices and my favorite would be D-im morbidly obese and honestly i came because you all hug at the end.

Lel. I saw a bit of A and B. Never C or D.

Lot of weird fucks. Crazy people (legitimately) and people that are so completely lost, they would lick a tree if someone told them it would help them stay clean for a day. The normal people stay sober for a decent amount of time, and then slowly withdraw from the weird fuckery that is NA.

Of course it does.

You can't die from withdrawals of any drug.

People that rely on calling their obsession 'an addiction' are trying to cash in on other people's ignoranceto, get more of what they crave.

lol ok then im the faggot piece of shit for calling a dude out for shooting in moms house? lol have fun with your hep c and giving your mom a legit reason to wish you were never born. p.s. before i got into shooting i was into oxy's. only switched to junk cause it was cheaper and more available. you probably could never afford that 3 80's a day lifestyle you poor ass dumpster junkie.

First of all, check out alcohol and benzodiazepine withdrawal, shit will kill you. Addiction is physical, mental, and given enough time, chronic.

1 in 10 americans drinks 10 per day?

that does not sound accurate.

It's only a problem if you shoot up everyday at mom's, people with willpower are able to shoot up somewhere else every other day

no, in principle you are an asshole. you only justify it at the time because you are a junkie asshole. just dont do it.

A lot of religious bullshit.

no beer you fucking idiot, what else do you expect

love the lack of willpower, sucks being a beta cunt like you OP

this>Let's bow our heads...
Dear Jesus, I come to you humbly. I confess my sins, those known and unknown. Lord you know that I'm not perfect, but I want to take the time to say thank you for your mercy. Thank you for my health, my family, my friends, the roof over my head, food on my table, and everything I have. Copy and paste if you feel blessed, too. Amen, Amen and amen.
Jesus I trust in you. Protect us and bless us... Amen!!

>people with willpower
>shoot up
please tell me more i am in a low point and havent laughed in a while......tell me more about will power.

only faggots brag about their tolerance. I'm not even gonna try to compare dicks here because arguing about your tolerance is for fucking kids. we're all fucked get over it. no one's glad to have $100+ a day habit

he was being sarcastic and mocking the guy he was replying to you faggot
he's saying none of us have willpower

you'll just relapse anyway. don't go.

I am a month sober user. Its been the best month of my life in the last 10 years easily. I don't want to cry now, but you can do it. Its going to be easy after you decide that its been enough. Stay strong.

>just don't do it
have you even addict b4 fag

read closer the brag wasnt about tolerance you fucking moron it was about being able to afford that and how you couldnt. l2read.

Lel. At the height of oxy's I was smoking 10 a day (blah blah waste I know I was young and dumb.) I hated my $350 a day habit. Sometimes I wonder how much my dealer made off of me. I would have killed to lower my tolerance.

yes and i did the reasonable thing and shot up in fast food bathrooms

haha I got heavy into oxy's early on but I never smoked em, only snorted them

seems pretty fucking sterile

i quit when they started engineering 80's so you couldnt sniff or crush em with a microwave and a hassle. fucking loved the big green monsters

me and a buddy spent like an hour one time in taco bell bathroom. it was a single toilet bathroom with a lock and people were going ape shit outside. i was happier that they assumed we were gay when w both came out than if they really knew what was up.

you live a sheltered life.

i drank about 12-16 16oz cans of 8.1% hurricane a day for a few years
#1 slow down your drinking/ ween down a little bit before you go in, or you will be in for a hellish 4-5 days of delusions and shakes.
#2 be as courteous as you can to staff, they can be real assholes.
#3 if you feel suicidal from withdrawls, DO NOT TELL YOUR COUSELOR
#4 go to meetings
i still drink but not like i was, at the time i could only sleep for 4 hours at a time even after a full day of work, wake up with insane shakes, had a few seizures, which prompted me to rehab.