So I went to target today and wanted to buy a coffee make and saw this...

So I went to target today and wanted to buy a coffee make and saw this. When I went to ring it up at the cashier it said $200, I told them that it said it was only a penny on the price tag. Long story short I argued and they didn't honor the policy of price matching and they were rude even the manager said she couldn't. How can I complain to someone bigger?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract#Invitation_to_treat
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shameful bump I need help!

It also says the type of coffee maker it is and everything it matches

You can't, You're a cunt. They won't ever honor it. You're small, they don't care. Doesn't matter how high you go nothing will happen. You'll be told down every step of the way. Stop trying. Honestly you're being a shit lord.

Thanks

Get a free consultation from an attorney.

I was also trying to be nice to these douchbags.

That's a tag for the display you dumb cunt.

Contact the regional manager and corporate, send them the proof. They HAVE to honor the price, as long as there was more than one on the shelf. I'm a Target manager, you never should have left.

The guy above you says these are display tags. Can I still argue with them?

Do you honestly expect to pay only a cent for an appliance, because it was listed (obviously in error), as such?

You're like one of those tacky, repugnant jews who thrive on bargaining via mistakes of others. Kill yourself. I really mean that. Please just die.

Don't be a nigger and pay the $200

Why do they have it there??

No, they don't have to honor it, dumb shit.

I don't even know what he's talking about with "display tags",

They have to honor the error, don't be upset you didn't see it. We're told we honor the price, it's our mistake.

Yes, they do. I think I understand how my own job works lol

lol nigger. I make more than $200 in a day and I'm a fucking intern. Learn to profession

I mean honestly, can you picture them? So upset by this they come home and jerk off on Sup Forums about not getting it? Holy shit, there are real things happening in this world and all this fuck stick gives a shit about is being a douche to people that don't get paid enough to care.

And you're complaining about it, you're even worse lol

Thanks man I will contact the regional manager

You can complain to who ever you want but your not gonna get that coffee maker for 1 cent

Call corporate too. You'll need the store number and manager name. Tell them that you have pictures of the price error and all.

that's why I try to get some sort of discount or something.

He will if he does it right.

sure you do, sitting on Sup Forums in your mums basement, dream on kiddo

They are a private business if they wanna piss off their customers they are free to do so

in time it will take him to do it he could earn money to buy 10 of them

You don't have to believe me for me to feel smug about it.

Also, for anyone else in the thread living in America, any large store like Target, Walmart, Best Buy etc HAS to give you an item for whatever price it says on the rack as long as two or more items were misplaced.

I've got larger televisions for much less because some idiot placed the wrong price tag in front.

This IS store policy. Of course they'll know if you moved something.

Once again, I'm a Target manager myself, so please stop talking out of your ass and let someone who knows what theyre talking about help lol

Five minutes?

So they HAVE to do it? I'm curious. Looking at how it was set up does it seem legit?

No they don't. Learn to contract law.

Price matching is not a law, now maybe the target that you manage does but not every target store has the same policies

You're adorable, kiddo.

It seems like some lazy/uninterested employee put the wrong price tag.

It's the corporate policy, kiddo. It's cute how you all are going to tell ME how my job works lol

It's an obvious mistake. Law is about reason, not about enabling people to be assholes.

i once went to a shoe store and found a pair of adidas shoes for 1 cent.
i took em to the register and paid like a dime for them no problem.

of course they where size 14 and fit absolutely no human on earth. but fuck it. i bought a pair of shoes for a penny.

cool stuff.

good luck op

Nobody it talking about law you autistic fucks, we're talking simple store policy.

Sup Forums is bigger than target.. you have come to the right place.

My advice. Place a quarter on the counter. This will cover the taxes and price of item. Say "you can keep the recipient" walk out of store with ninja.

They don't have to honor the price. They can refuse the sale. What they AREN'T allowed to do is change the price to higher than you agrred to pay.

That's law. The store's law. Maybe you should try understanding what words mean before you use them.

They don't HAVE to do shit. A lot of the time they do it just to keep the customer happy, but they're not under any legal obligation to match the mistaken price. As a customer, people need to have the sense to realize, "Hmm, maybe this expensive appliance isn't REALLY $.01"

Sincerely,
An attorney

No they don't.

That's not what a law is, lol

Once again, from a Target manager, you're retarded. It's store policy and their manager WILL get in trouble if he complains. Stick to law, kiddo.

Yes they do have to.

Apparently not.

Yup (:

Sure thing, kid. (:

Nice trips man.

I work at best buy, nigga.

My managers would laugh and call you an idiot to your face for trying to take something for a penny.

I can see them honoring prices for something expensive like a TV but they will not give you something for a penny and neither would anyone above them.

True

My first job was at a kroger, customers were constantly moaning about prices being wrong because "hur dur that's not what the price tag back there said dur"

Most of the time it was the customers fault because they're a bunch of dumb assholes who can't read correctly, but every once in a full moon we had a customer who wasn't full of shit and we had to change the price.

My favorite was always "well it was in the wrong spot so you need to honor the price" Jesus Christ that pissed me off so bad, not our fault some shitty asshole left a product in another location it didn't belong.

maybe the store OP went to is a franchise

Why are you so stupid?

No they do not have to.

What he said. If it rings in the REGISTER as 0.01 bc someone screwed it up in the computer, you might have a strong arguement.

As it is, you sound a)autistic and b)9 years old for thinking you have ANY reason to complain.

Keep bitching and they might send you a $20 gift card, but congratulations, youre the idiot cancer that makes this country suck nowadays

Thats an interesting way to spell correct.

so OP, here is the breakdown, they DONT NOT HAVE TO SELL YOU ANYTHING, they are a private business and can refuse the price... this does fall with some acceptions if it was marked in an ad,weekly ,tv etc, they do have to honor it but with PROOF... this looks like just a lable for displays.....its a business , it there to make money....you will waste time and energy trying to get anyone to listen..BUTT i can offer you future advice!! next time if u JEW OUT, tell them you drove x amount of miles for this... various places have coupons they can give u to redeem face...

Maybe you are a huge beta faggot that will match any pricetag that some jew find misplaced, but I guarantee you that nobody is going to get in trouble for not selling a $200 appliance for one cent. Learn to common sense. One neckbeard posting on b is not enough to get anyone in trouble. Learn to common sense faggot

>retail manager getting uppity with people

Go cry alone.

looks to me like OP printed his own display tags and tried to pull a fast one

Thank you for admitting they honor pricing errors.

Target franchises don't exist, retard.
Also, don't trust regular employees like , they're idiots and usually don't even understand how their own Amazon price match works. Always get a manager and if you have to a Corporate office number. Most managers give in before giving that number out.

Trips have spoken. It's settled.

Congratulations, Mr Retail Manager. Your store policy is ignorant and likely costing your company a large amount of money annually to implement. All I said was that, legally, stores have no obligation to honor a mistaken price like others have implied in this thread. If it's your store policy to price match some high school dropout's fuck up, that's on them.

By the way, a kid just threw up in housewares. Might want to get on that.

Wow, user is fucking retarded today. Stores don't have to serve or sell to customers if they don't want to.

how about if they just ban the customer forever before they "have" to sell him something?

Or do you think they can't ban people too?

How did this hurt you OP? What makes you think they owe you something?

Why are you upset?

Yup.

You're a moron who doesn't know what they're talking about.

You're wrong, it's the store policy.

It's store policy (:

I cry into my $45K bank account.

If that's the case when Corporate investigates they'll discover it quick.

That's terrible customer service. Obviously they can't let a $200 coffee maker walk out for a penny. But they could give you a steep discount.

I would have spoke with a manager. I'm a manager for Walmart, we've let things go for %90 off. Just get to let our employees know that it affects their bonuses.

Because stupid people upset me. Can't you even reason this through yourself?

Walmart. Bonus. Lol.

no man, isn't it obvious, they clearly intended to offer that .01 price. thats like full assent right there. and he tried to accept it when he brought it up.

I got a mislabeled 2ยข package of chicken salad from Kroger one time. I put 2 pennies in a machine and walked away with 1 1/2 lbs. of chicken salad.

I'd call an underling to do it, I don't clean messes. And I never said it was a smart policy, I said it was the policy (:

You're precious.

Yes they do, there's a reason We Have the Right To Refuse Service signs have no law or ordinance code printed on them.

I spoke with the manager and she was a bitch just like the employee. She said they can honor it.

>Saying store policy isn't like the store's law, while all the while appealing to it as though it is.

The store is under no obligation to give it to you at that price. If they do honor a misprinted tag, it's only as a customer service gesture and they're probably not taking too big of a hit.

Under contract law, there's an offer, followed by a counter-offer. You have every right to take that $200 coffee maker to the cashier and offer $56 for it, and it's their right to refuse. The price tag is just an invitation to offer, to expedite the process. Otherwise when you shop, you'd be negotiating a price for every item in your cart...
>I'll give you $70 for this coffee maker.
>No thanks. How about $230?
>Nah. Would you take $150.
>No. I could sell it to you for $200?
>Ok. Deal. Now, this pack of t-shirts, I'll give you $10 for it.
>Ok. I'll sell it to you for $10.
>This Bluray player, $20 a good price?
and so on...

The price tag is to say, "offer us $200 for this coffee maker, and we'll sell it to you."

Yeah maybe you didn't stick around long enough or your store hardly had good numbers. Sorry. Gotta work for what you want.

Yeah, Walmart is the most likely to give the customer what they want. I believe managers are told to do anything to avoid making a scene.

I said store policy wasn't an actual law, keep trying cutie.

They are obligated, it's the store policy. I'm a Target manager, please stop being retarded.

I highly doubt his time is worth that much..... maybe 10 years worth of trying will finally equate enough for him to MAYBE buy 1 of them

>"Hmm, maybe this expensive appliance isn't REALLY $.01"

but if it says one cent, then im going to demand one cent. its obviously not worth one cent but i couldnt give less of a fuck about the pockets im taking money out of. if i have an opportunity to massively benefit at the cost of someone losing an insinigicant amount of money then i am going to take it. and yes i will get wild and demand my one cent appliance because thats what the price says. maybe the store shouldnt be hiring fucking retards who dont know how to put a sticker on a wall the right way.

Well you could always go to mejiers, Kmart, or Walmart

One person, big deal right? Well let them keep treating their customers like shit and it'll be more than one customer.

Never worked at Walmart, but I can tell you they do not give hourly associates bonuses.

Well that is obviously wrong / faulty price tag and by the law if the margin of error is too large they do not have to sell the item for that price. Now for example if a product would normally be 3.99 and the tag said 3.89 then it's fine to sell it to you but not if the tag says 0.0389.

I was working in a shop where this happened to a laptop that would be over 1200 but the tag was fucked up and the price and only showed 0,10 obviously we didn't sell it and checked the law and we were right. You can go to court if you want but you are going to lose.

It's the store policy, they have to honor the price. Another retard you are, please leave.

Almost forgot. There are some instances where they would have to honor an advertised price. I don't remember the case, but I think it involved a car dealership offering trade in value for your car. So some guy bought some junker to get the special deal. Basically if the store tasks you to do something in order to get the advertised price.
There's a bit more to that it I'm sure.

I got a Gamecube from toys r us for my 15th birthday and the price tag said $199.99 but when the cashier scanned it the price registered at $19.99

Best birthday ever

Oh yes they do. I have gotten many bonuses before going into management.

It's quarterly and you must be there for the full quarter.

If they are obligated who's going to make them do it?

Dont be a bitch, just buy it for the real prize or leave it. Why would you insist in the price if it was clearly a mistake?
Fucking murica has to have a lawsuit about everything...

Legally, no.
Store policy, yes, they're doing it as a customer service gesture.

The store manager should do it themselves, otherwise a customer contacts Corporate and they instruct the manager to do it.

It's really pretty simple.

You have a lot to prove don't you little man?

>It's the store policy, they have to honor the price. Another retard you are, please leave.

No they don't when it's clearly error you fucktard learn what the law says. There is no company that would sell anything to you in that situation poor summerfag.

Should have used violence to get your way. You just took it up the ass and left the store rubbing your raw shit hole while sobbing.

The price advertised is not a legally binding contract. It is what is called an invitation to treat en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract#Invitation_to_treat
You offer them $0.01 for the coffee maker, they decline the offer and say it was a mistake.

As a consumer you are protected by consumer protection laws, it is against the law for Target to knowingly mislead customers with price advertisements. But they don't have to honor that price under law.

Target does (:

Nope, in fact I'm off to bed.

Goodnight, everyone!

>I'm a target manager

You realize that no one cares, right?