E"sports" are NOT sports. If you're sitting on your fat ass all day you are NOT playing a sport...

E"sports" are NOT sports. If you're sitting on your fat ass all day you are NOT playing a sport. You have to play a game set in REALITY to play a SPORT.
>inb4: Sup Forums neckbeards fail to argue otherwise

define reality

Then how do you explain Chess? There is literally no difference.

maybe that is why they call them e'sports instead?

fuck is wrong with you? wtf?

that was easy

when did he say he considered chess a sport? dumbass

you bit hard bro. smh i didn't even try

You're right which is why it was named e-sports and not sports you fucking moron. e-mail is not the same as mail either.

it's fucking called eSports because they aren't actual sports. That was the whole logic behind the name

They don't fucking exist retard

Rekt

We can dispel Esports being a true sport just by the very medium it's played through. Chess can be eliminated because there's no physicality to it. And no, mental strength does not count as physicality. This also applies to games like spelling bee, scrabble, etc..

/thread
>sage

Call it what you want, but people do sincerely consider esports a real sport. Just like people consider chess to be a sport even though a more appropriate name would be table top game.

>Sports = Games
>Video Games = Games

Sport is just another word for game, I'm gong to start referring to all games as sports now.

"smh" fuck off back to tumblr

EY yo let's just get one thing straight: women still suck at competition. Why aren't there any girls in esports? BEcause they suck! lmao

They can take their "considerations" and fuck off. E-sports and sports are two separate entities by definition.

How about Nascar?
How about Motocross?
How about Drone Racing?
How about competitive Dance?
How about competitive Singing?

Sports are just games, they have rules both teams abide by and referee's. Even in boxing you're wearing fucking gloves and get separated

You act like Sports are so much better than Video Games but they're the same damn thing, you're throwing around a gay little ball and slapping eachother with padded gloves.

Be a man and go fight someone

Yet golf, darts, and bowling are considered sports. E-sports are their own thing, but they're pretty similar.

If poker and chess are a sport, then sitting on your ass doesn't disqualify anything from being a sport.

Not that it really matters. Whether or not something fits an archaic definition of "sport" is irrelevant if the game allows for enough fair competition that people are willing to wager real money on it. Don't think trading cards can be a sport? That's fine for you, now go suck on a M:tG Pro Tour where people win a million dollars, or sometimes gold bars, or sometimes cards that are worth more than gold bars, while sitting on their asses and doing nothing more strenuous than out-thinking their opponents.

Games are not equivalent to Video Games. They are both forms of entertainment but that is where the similarities end. Video games are strictly confined to digital media whereas, Games take on a physical form and often require much more energy.

I think they are not satisfied with just being a "competitive" video game player

They broadcast esports on ESPN
good enough for me

I like sitting on my fat ass what is it to you

In college while being the best at their game vs barely any highschool

Chess IS indeed considered a sport

darts? golf?

Traditional sports:
>chase ball
>put ball in hole or spot on playing field
>get point
>repeat enough times to win
E-Sports
>using superior strategy, intellect, and cat-like reflexes to achieve a certain goal either alone or with a team
>cool, air-conditioned environment

E-sports fanbase:
>chill, bro-types with the occasional sperg-lord
Traditional sports fanbase:
>ravenous idiots foaming at the mouth and buying brand-name shoes, shirts, and other merch

E-sports is the future, OP.

your just mad that it became a sport