What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

2001: A Space Odyssey

An epic drama of adventure and exploration

So you're telling me if I touch a big black stone I'll turn into a fetus?

Sheeeit.

Beats me, OP, but from the pic you chose, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 2001: A Space Odyssey.

a movie that's plot is mainly down to your own interpretation

also there's an interesting idea that HAL didn't malfunction, google it

2deep4u?

The ending is the most ambiguous ending ever.

>tfw when you have your existential crisis and realize there are probably entities in the universe that are millions of years ahead of humans in terms of evolution
>they do not even think of humans as anything more than ants, or perhaps bacteria
>all of human "accomplishment" today will be superseded by standards we cannot begin to understand
>consciousness is only the first step to becoming more evolved

What is the purpose of life?

i dunno but i like sex, don't you?

Just as with any Kubrick movie, I'll begin reading all of the analysis, but I did find the HAL scenes to be rather striking. They were well done, but they also seemed a little disconnected from the plot. I just read that apparently the reason he went rogue was due to some discomfort over having to withhold the information about the monolith from the crew, evidenced by earlier scripts.

either way, 70% of the shots in this movie are so asymmetrical you just can't look away - even if you hated the plot the movie has great, ahem, cinematography

A failed attempt to kino, this movie is unnecessary long and full of dull imagery that serves no purpose. People that say this movie is any good are just pretentious katana owners fedoras who think this movie is some form of elevated art when it's obviously not. I strongly suggest you to not be like them and don't shill for this movie anymore.

If you want to watch a real movie you could start with something like BvS, made by a true auteur

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

WHAT DOES THE BEDROOM AT THE END MEAN?

>you will never live in zero gravity

I dont think you know what auteur means

hahahahahahahahah faggot do you even into physics

the place hes in is a higher dimension that aliens have placed him in and designed. time is all fucked up he sees the past future and present simultaneously bc time has become a physical dimension.

see
the aliens designed it and fucked up the aesthetics completely clashing the sytles of reinessance (rebirth) and modern. its creepy af

go and read the book

But why did they place him there?

at the dawn of hominid evolution, an alien intelligence directs a struggling group of man-apes to use tools via communication with the man-apes using a monolith device

several eons later, men find a monolith on the dark side of the moon and are given the task of sending an exploration vessel to the outer planets of the solar system

during the journey, the main computer of the ship malfunctions and attempts the kill the ship's crew in a humanoid way; this forces the remaining crew member to proceed to the instructed locus in a short range space pod

using the pod, the crew member encounters another monolith which this time allows the man to enter a portal which apparently transmits him to different lands and different ages

when he emerges he is transformed into the perhaps the next iteration in the evolution of man

or something

An epic drama
of adventure and epic
and exploration.

where are you getting these screens from?
they're great

can't remember where, but there was a folder of em. It also has posters and other promotional material but not sure if anyone is interested in it.

to study him/keep him, until he evolved.

they had been helping evolve mankind the entire time and once they get to beyond jupiter to the destination Bowman goes and makes contact with them through a wormhole or whatever you may. except they are so alien and advanced he doesnt ever interact with them or see them. creepy

i havent read the book but theres more than plenty to take away from the film

So it goes.

Does anyone think it could be real? Some ancient race has tried to shape human evolution for whatever reason?

well they are doing a shit house job

keep dumping, im enjoying them

Are they? Compare human advances in just a few thousand years to where ants currently are.

found it.
imgur com/a/mEBbr

A movie about man, machine and god. And how they relate to each other.

Yes.

What are Kubrick's top 3 and why are they 2001, The Shining, and EWS?

A movie from 1968 that should've been left in 1968.

Also MUH AYLIUMS. Basically an inferior, old timey version of pic related.

>aliens helped humanity evolve to the point that baneposting was created

Just end their shit already

I still wanted the aliens to be made in stop motion. Fuck you Tim Burton

fpbp

>the stages of evolution are: toolmaking, farming, printing, computers, memes, ???

I posted that.

>I'm op

:^)

watched it while tripping on some high quality lsd the other night. about the closest thing to a religious experience i've ever had.

I wish I could do this ;_;