thomann.de/intl/harley_benton_custom_line_cla_15mce.htm
a.clyp.it/xfxngigu.mp3
bend.craigslist.org/msg/5832820986.html
clyp.it/0pzzccks
clyp.it/43z1yant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for pedalboards

posted in thread the other day but didn't get a chance to see replies

recently bought new Fender Duo-Sonic. Thoughts?

also have these in my collection
>inb4 what do you need all those knobs for

My pedalboard and sorta new amp. Digging that Bass Whammy how you liking it?

Saw one in GC, didn't play it though. How does it sound? Looks sick as fuck desu

I enjoy it. I've never owned a guitar with the vintage style frets (they're fucking tiny) so that's taken some getting used to. But the sound is sick. Cool out of phase sounds when you split the humbucker and put the switch in the middle position. Very versatile

Guitar is untalented man's violin

hi fags

Hey airline guy here, gf recently got her setup underway too, She's rocking the Airline 3P DLX though.

Man that sounds great to be honest, I love out of phase sounds even though most people find them unusable.

I have a budget of about 250€ for my first steelstring acoustic and was thinking of buying this.
thomann.de/intl/harley_benton_custom_line_cla_15mce.htm

Thoughts?

see, I got it from a weird thrift shop that was selling it and an Airline 2p. I picked the T&C because I didn't want people to think I was trying to be Jack White (it was red and white). But I love the body shape of the 1p, 2p, and 3p models. How is it treating her?

The out of phase sounds are generally unusable, but my band plays some funk-esque stuff sometimes. I also use it for really noisy solos because it does sound disgusting a lot of the time

She likes it a lot actually, I was pretty shocked because they're single coils NOT humbuckers, I was tripping out when I found that out. She said it's really sparkly. I'm looking to grab the Jetsons Jr. red/white myself because well in the opposite vein I really want a Jack White inspired look heh. I was also thinking of just getting the white model.

on the T&C, only the middle one is a humbucker. Considering switching to a 5-way switch to be more similar to the 3P. I was shocked when I found it out too. How much did she get it for?

I'd never buy an acoustic guitar without playing it first

On reverb for I think it was $650ish shipped with the hardshell case. It's one of the limited indigo blue runs too, number 13/24 if I remember. She also just got the marshall cab for a good deal, 450 cash (its a 1960 vintage 412 cab) so she was able to finally play through the Mesa for the first time a day or two ago.

Violin is utter shit at polyphony.

uhm why do you have such a big pedalboard for just a few pedals lmao

orange is untalented man's apple

>he has no one to play with and probably know nothing about vertical harmony

I somtimes play my guitar vertically when im half asleep at my desk

>he can't carry a melody and accompaniment by himself
You're just talking about chord contruction.
I can look at a chord on the staff and tell you what it is and use macro analysis to tell you its place in the piece.
Vertical harmony is not a very common way of describing that, but I'll take it.

>\reddit\

that's not bad at all. Totally jealous of the indigo too

Is it true flat wounds fuck up rosewood fingerboards than other boards? I'm sick of buying new rounds every month. I tried Ernie ball, ghs, dadarrio, rotosounds and fender. Some sound great but don't last long. Help me lads pls.

Why would it?
Ideally the string rarely touches the fingerboard, most electric guitars today use jumbo frets.
Rosewood fretboards are unlacquered though, so they are susceptible to things that a heavily lacquered maple fretboard wouldn't be.

Post degenerate guitars.

I play bass m8 so I hit the strings pretty hard as it is.

How to reduce this ~5Hhz harshness
Its a SM57 copy by the way

a.clyp.it/xfxngigu.mp3

>3 bolt neck
>big headstock
>polyester finish
>natural body color
>black pick guard
100% degenerate

Btw i already did a cut to 100hz and 10khz

What's the best shape for electric

Fits me pretty well desu

i need a low watt (

I bought the same one. The humbucker is straight shit and it needs to be re wired like most cheap fenders. I changed the neck too but I don't think that's necessary.

I either need to lose weight or get a car. My feet are killing me after carrying around a bass + backpack for an entire day. And fuck public transport with a huge ass gigbag.

scratch the band names, just think tech death, grind, black, and doom

Love it. Mixed with the fuzz you can come up with nice sounding harmonies.
I built it myself, ya turd.

What about a 6505 mini head? Those go down to 10 and 5 watts, people seem to like them a lot

ive thought about it, i just want something where the build quality is readily apparent. not necessarily flashy but just us made and high quality components.

I don't hate the humbucker really but to each his own I guess

The range isnt really wide enough to pick up a lot of the envelope filter stuff I like to do. I've wanted a duo sonic forever though and modding this one is better than getting a parts one with Chinese shit thrown in

Is this guy trying to pull a fast one, because it is clearly a 115 or a 112

bend.craigslist.org/msg/5832820986.html

why didn't you build it smaller if you weren't gonna use the whole space lmao

I'm gonna repost mine just for the heck of it and cause I like /pedal/ talk.

>us made
Why though? Even if they outsource manufacturing to China, they still churn out reliable products

I was gonna recommend a German company Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister Deluxe 20, but I see they also outsource to China.

Check out Revv Generator 7-40. Built in Canada, but more than twice the price of the others

This looks dodgy as fuck tbqh. Clearly looks like a 1x12/1x15 + tweeter but the 4 ohm + 400W fact make it pretty unlikely to be a 1x12. Plus I've never seen old ampegs with black grillcloth and no white lining. Also that's the old ass ampeg logo (big font, 70s-80s stuff) on some kind of sticker? the fuck is that? would not cop 100%

What's that mxr bass compressor like dude? I've been meaning to buy one but I have no stores nearby that stock it so I'm unable to try it.

It's good, complex, and versatile.
The input/output is a little redundant. They could've made one knob and called it gain. That's the complexity of the pedal.
When switched on, there's a boost that acts almost like a pre-amp.
Good pedal. Many options out there for people with different budgets, this one I found to be above the rest. I chose MXR over the Seymour Duncan because you have more control.

I bought it off sweetwater, came the next day.

he's probably referring to the tweeter

How's that neck pickup?

Firebirds are so cool, really need to get one one day. Played an Epiphone Firebirds bass once, smooth as fug

Where you guys playing this week/in the near future?

Playing tonight and Friday at two different downtown bars. Tonight will probably be good, but I have no hopes for Friday. At least where we're playing gives you a free beer per set and they're part of a craft brewery.

And for anyone traveling tonight, be safe. Biggest bar night of the year = biggest idiot concentration of the year.

>biggest idiot concentration of the year.

sounds like any ol' time of the year in the United States.

Surprisingly good. I'm the guy above who changed a lot of the parts but at least for now im keeping that

>next show scheduled for february
>opening for band's debut album at microbrewery
>playing same material for about half a year now
>can't get guys together to write something new
>pop punk
3 months to go and I'm dying inside

I'm just getting back into it after a long break, I know a fair bit but I have a feeling this will really help. I bought a strat recently but am still looking for pedals and such to get. I'm into classic rock and punk sounds like the Clash and Arctic Monkeys. I'm also a fan of guitarist like John from Red Hot Chili Peppers and a massive fan of Eric Clapton. So far for sn amp I plan on buying a Fender blues Jr, but I'd like some pedal recommendation. So far I have a Vox wah and a Big Muff Pi for pedals, What would you guys recommend for me?

What are some songs that don't use can the B string and the high E string?
I broke them :(

dude just go buy some stings, they aren't very expensive

Dude, it's like half my allowance money to buy strings. That would mean I'd only be able to get like one McNuggets meal this week

not sure why but the tuners on that airline trigger me. They look too easy to bend or break off, also like they wouldn't stay in tune. I like it though.

absolutely ridiculous but I love it. wish the bassist in my band had pedals

pic related is a practice setup I used to use.
main board is
Boss Tu2
BBE optical compressor
Maxon OD9
Boss DS2
NYC Big Muff
Digitech bp50
EHX Holy Grail nano
MXR Carbon Copy
Line 6 DL4
Boss RC20xl

into 1966 fender bandmaster + some crate 2x12

Ohhh

Yeah, just learn Green Day songs.

The store's closed at this time of day. It's 9pm where I live.

>Any youtube video about Chinese guitars
>comments full of people saying you should save up $4000 and buy a REAL Gibson instead of the $200 copy

When will they learn...

Just learn some Sepultura songs, I think the rhythm guitarists only has EADG strings on his guitar

Thanks user.

$4000 gibson are pretty much all meme signature models anyways

Which take for Texas Flood is best
Is any of them any good

clyp.it/0pzzccks
clyp.it/43z1yant

That does sound shitty

fuck off I think 70's strats look cool. yes they are objectively worse but I like the vibe.

get angry
write an anti-establishment tune

Some tinder qt just asked me "what kind of guitar do you play?" Does she mean acoustic vs electric? I can't imagine she's asking about the make/model...

3 RV-3s

tell her you use kramers and tight spandex

>feel like playing guitar
>turn on amp
>wait 2 minutes for it to warm up
>don't want to play guitar anymore

What do you need all those knobs for?

send her a picture

If you want that sweet qt to wet herself, tell her you got a Flamenco acoustic or a classical. She won't be able to tell the difference between a luthier manouche and a $20 campfire guitar anyways. Then you seal the deal with the good ol'
>AND AFTER AAAAAAAAAALL

>>feel like playing bass
>>turn on amp
>>wait .2 seconds for it to turn on
>>play bass and enjoy my superior transistor amp

>want to play guitar
>turn on Axe-FX 2
>pick up .strandberg 8 string
>turn on drum loops
>play euphoric progressive metal

kek

How do I get the 5-string bassist in my band to stop playing chords? It sounds like muddy ass. I think he just secretly wants to be a guitarist

>When your too poor for a tube amp but want to feel superior

Get a new bassist.

I want to travel back in time and kick the fucking shit out of Floyd Rose. Setting up intonation on this thing is fucking HELL.

I'm not even sure if thats a guitar or a zither

I miss the old small frets. I liked to feel the fretboard under my fingers which is often lost with the extra jumbo fuck off huge cable everybody puts on their guitars now.

At least the saddle adjustment screws are behind the bridge. You have to fucking completely unwind half the strings just to get to the ones on TOM bridges.

>when you want to sound superior but you stupidly apply the guitarist viewpoint of tubes to bass amps

>When you want to sound superior but you play bass

Nobody hears or cares about you.

I'm not the other user, I don't play bass. I'm just here to call you out on your obvious bullshit

please get a mic stand.

Where is that Fender made, because if it's made outside of the US you should just throw it into a landfill.

tell him to eq properly for that shit or to cut it out

Thunderbird's aren't good bases dude.

SOME chords on bass sound really nice, but if his tone is shit, or he's not eq'ed properly, it's going to sound like garbage and I can see why it'd be a problem. So just tell him to cut it out since he doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

I guess that's why he said Firebird.

As in the guitars.

feel free to read again, he just didn't know what a thunderbird was called. There is not firebird bass, as in the last part of the post.

going to post my personal blog here, someone give a newfag some pointers please

i started lessons summer last year, have been working my way up. I can read simple sheet that stays at the top of the neck, and I started fingerpicking when I got bored of strumming once I realized it requires no effort
I bought the strat in nov. 2015, but never played it because I had bad fret buzz and other issues and I was too ignorant to understand how to fix it.

i got the lp just days ago, it got here looking like shit, and so I removed the strings and wiped the body and neck down. after that, i spent the last few days watching videos on guitar disassembly and maintenance, i never realized it was so simple.
up to this point, all i had ever done was change strings on the acoustic. so i took the strat clone and had my teacher show me everything about it after i had removed everything besides the neck, i honestly had no idea it was this easy.

i am not rich, but i am in a comfy position where i can spend at will, and also it isn't like i spent thousands on stuff when i barely know how to play - the strat was $64, the classical was $180 reduced from $250 after the neck fell off in the shop and I also got a case for free with it, i won an auction on the epiphone, and the acoustic was the gift that got me started

just wanted to ask, what do with the strat? i don't see the point in ever replacing it considering the parts are interchangeable. what can I do to make it nice for years to come? I've already cleaned it, i'm thinking of getting one of those loaded pickup kits where you only have to solder the input and back thingy where the springs are.
what do for the strat to make it a blast to play?
any of you have suggestions for someone who may as well say he has no experience on an electric?

meant to type that the bridge fell off from the classical due to extreme cold, it was over a year ago and it was going unsold in the guy's shop because of that.

>polyester
Lol