This guy is amazed some hipster girl likes The Smiths

>this guy is amazed some hipster girl likes The Smiths

Why?

he's never heard of tumblr

I hate that film for ruining Asleep for me

Cause he didnt know she was a hipster girl, she was just someone from his work. So the chances of encountering someone who recognizes the music bleeding out of your head phones is quite low

cause its fiction

Not really

..its the fucking smiths, dude.
If he was blaring some like, iglooghost or venetian snares or something and she recognized it, yeah, okay but seriously like how fucking more mainstream alternative can u get than the smiths

Because she's from his work.

Also hipster girls don't like the Smiths that much, they only listen to like the three most popular songs by them as they do with every band they listen to.
I hate Perks of being a wallflower for ruining Asleep and Tugboat by Galaxie 500 for me

cause the smiths are a relatively well known band, that's still indie and shit. That scene was designed to make a large percentage of viewers feel special and cool just because they like the smiths much like millions of other people do

>like how fucking more mainstream alternative can u get than the smiths

Foo Fighters and likes
We don't live in the 80s anymore

Yeah well, he was playing one of their three most popular songs so of course she recognized it.

i had never heard of the smiths until i came to this board.

Because he just so happened to bump into someone who he adores in the elevator who knew the lyrics to what was pretty much his favourite song and artist.

It's also a fucking movie.

Because she was quirky and cute.

You're a fag

based on the file name, I'm going to guess they were pandering the audience and making the 14 year old girls watching the movie think they're special and unique for listening to one of the most popular seminal pop acts of the last 35 years

He's surprised about her knowing all that because he's a pleb

He probably likes Joy Division too

>Implying that millenials and hipsters actually have heard of Teh smiths b4 this movie
>Implying that millenials and hipsters know any music other than kpop and sia

>how fucking more mainstream alternative can u get than the smiths
-Nirvana
-Foo Fighters
-Pearl Jam
-Green Day
-Smashing Pumpkins
-Red hot chili peppers
-Radiohead
-Weezer
-The White Stripes
-U2
-Arctic Monkeys
-The Black keys
-Kings of Leon
-Sublime
-The Strokes
-Arcade Fire
-Tame Impala
-R.E.M.
-MGMT
-Cage the elephant
-Gorillaz
-Grimes
-Beach House
-Lana Del Rey
-Bon Iver
-The Killers
-Beck
-Oasis
-Blink-182
-Linkin Park
-M83

Because
1) prior to this he had been obsessing over her from a far
2) right before this encounter he had written her off as a skank
3) The coincidence of her being the girl he is interested in and ALSO "loving" the band he himself is a big fan of.

The Smiths are bigger than half of those and some of those don't even qualify as alternative.

He should have listened to Frank Turner:

> She's not as pretty as she thinks she is
> Just picture her after she's had kids
> I bet she sits at home and listens to The Smiths
> Deep down she's just like everybody else

That movie would be minutes long if it was me, I'd probably say something like "cool" and walk off.. The wonder late at night when I'm drunk why I'm so lonely.

in the uk maybe

It ruined Asleep and Tugboat but not "Heroes"? That's what pissed me off the most

you should just kill yourself and skip the movie

I heard of the smiths back in middle school, because hot topic was selling their shit and people wore the shirts

Every single artists on this list has a song more recognizable and popular than "there is a light that never goes out"