ITT

world championship national football team chart.
start counting from the year you were born.

i begin:
Italy
1. 2002 (Del Piero and Totti at the apex of their career, out at the last sixteen due to refball)
2. 2006 (less talented but more experienced, we win)
3. 1998 (overall good team, last Baggio appearance, out at the quarter final due to penalty curse)
4. 1990 (so talented team, one of worst coach in italian football hystory, out at the semi due to penalty curse)
5. 1994 (except Baggio and despite reaching the final this team was pretty mediocre, never understand if Sacchi was a meme or a truly tactician genious, lose the final due to penalty curse)
6.7. 2010/2014 (i still try to forget)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXBKmUzOWvs
youtube.com/watch?v=mvW0tjva0FQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>start counting from the year you were born.
>2002
underageb&

>start counting from the year you were born
>2002

Bait

He probably means that only the ones that were played when you were alive matter. In fact he starts from 1990

>not realising its a ranking
>being retarded

you're dumb

i didn't know that italy had a penalty curse. is it as bad as england's?

born 86, starting to watch football in 94:
94-not qualified
96-semi finals
98-world champion
2000-european champion
2002-chocked hard
2004-GREECE'D
2006-reached the final then pen'D
2008-chocked hard
2010-chocked hard AND embarased ourselves with bus strike
2012-SPAIN'D
2014-GERMAN'D
2016-Staying home?

2010 > 2002 > 2006 > 1994 > 1998 > 2014

Don't know much about Italy '90.

1998 - win
1986 - 3rd
2006 - 2nd
2014 - quarter finals
2010 - out in group stage
2002 - out in group stage
1990 and 1994 - lol

All or nothing: the NT

I don't understand this thread.
We should rate our NT squads in each World Cup since we were born?

Anyway:

94: Average as fuck squad except for Romário, Bebeto and Taffarel, final was evenly matched and we won on penalties where anything can happen. Lucky win.
98: Much more talented squad, we reached the final but that team had flaws, the players were fighting each other, Ronaldo was poisoned, etc. Lost to a good host country (France) in the final
02: Goat squad, deservedly won.
06: One of our most talented squads ever, people expected us to win this one easily. But most players had already won everything, they did not give a fuck, they went there just to party and fuck whores.
10: Average squad but we would have reached the final (and lost to Spain) if Felipe Melo was not a complete retard.
14: Pressure was high, the players were not that bad, but were badly trained. Coach was a dinosaur. The team crumbled after losing our two best players and the rest is history.

>We should rate our NT squads in each World Cup since we were born?
yep, possibly in order of skill.
my english is quite bad :(

started off in 98 which was just a meme team with a bunch of shitters and david beckham carrying them, and even he was average

2002 was a bunch of future goats, we expected nothing and they exceeded that, got memed on by brazil but gave us hope for the future

2006 was when we were meant to win everything. prime ferdinand, gerrard, ashley cole still had beckham/owen and even the filling in players like lampard were good. fucking choked on a million dicks

2010 everyone was old and living on past reputations but we had no future to replace it with, so people expected something despite the players being old and finished. sucked dick.

this team is just garbage, not a world class player among them. none would get into the 2004 to 2008 team

2004 and 2006 England had pretty stacked squads but that goalkeeping was seriously dogshit.

To be fair >we played great after the sending off.

The PK was fucking dreadful though. Worst fucking shootout ever. Literally ended 3-1.

>born in 1988
>Poland didn't qualify in 1990, 1994, 1998, 2010 and 2014
>embarrassing group stage exits in 2002 and 2006
I won't even bother ranking this shitshow

I'd put the one in 1998 above 2002. Trap was fearful and made the team insecure. They spent a whole week hyping up that random korean player as this incredibly dangerous forward. Oherwise I think we could have won despite refball.
Sacchi was a tactician genius if he gets to choose the right players he needs. He couldn't adap his tactics to the players he had.

1.1990. Stacked af. Van Basten. Rijkaard. Gullit. Koeman. Favorites to win it all. Vacant coaching position after Michels left was supposed to filled in by Cruijff. Due to disputes within the Dutch FA (typical) Cruijff decides not to take the position and Beenhakker becomes coach instead. Players furiated and throw away the tournament.
2.1998. Hiddinks second tournament after an awful euro 96. Stacked team eventhough we start out with a difficult draw. Rest of group not that hard. Lucky against the Yougos. Legendary win against the Argies. Lose to the Brazilians after penalties. Van Hooijdonk era penal in extra time.
3.2010. Pretty stacked though weak defence. Van Marwijk ditches 433 for 4231.Expectations pretty high.Lucky win against Brazil (thank you Stekelenburg) Lose third final in a row against the best team the world has ever seen.
4.2014. Low expectations. As if by miracle group winner after 5pa1n and two hard fought wins against the Aussies and Chile. Make it to the semi's with Le cut inside mans best form ever. Lose against Argentina after penalties. Strong third place victory against Brazil
5.1994. Advocaat coach. Gullit decides not to go. Van Basten kill. No high expectations. 2-0 down against Brazil. As if by miracle make it 2-2. Legit chance to win it now. Then Branco shoots a 35m blooter to beat our 6'3 goalkeeper.
6.2006. No high expectations. Young but talented group that need to grow. 1/8th against angstgegner Portugal turns into the battle of Nuremberg.

>ULISES
>DE
>LA
>FUCKING
>CRUZ

I remember those days.

I see.

OK, rating is:

02>06>94>10>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>14

Netherland is truly feast or famine.

i truly never understand why people hate Trap, he is a foockin' legend

1998 Owen was fucking amazing mate.

>1994, 1998, 2002, 2006
Football never existed in this country.
>2010, 2014
Recognized, but still dominated by plebhoop.

I don't hate Trap. I think he messed up the mental approach to that tournament. I think with Zoff we'd have won.

Sacchi was a genius desu not a meme.

>Oliver Kan't

youtube.com/watch?v=AXBKmUzOWvs

Born in 86, started watching football circa 94. Anyway:

1998: Missed WC due to massive refball against Germany (and because we lost to fucking Ukraine)
2002: Golden generation, players feeling massive pressure after Euro 2000 went well, Kenedy banned due to doping, terrible coach, João Pinto punched a referee, fuck it.
2006: Scolari effect in full mode, did well despite Golden Generation being past their prime, Netherlands hates us forever after this so it's cool.
2010: Lost to Spain (sucks, but it's a normal thing), coach was shit.
2014: Shit coach, shit tactics, Ronaldo injured/not caring, Pepe being an idiot vs. Germany.
2018: >Implying we'll qualify

We are cursed to never lift the trophy ;.;
Literally finished at every stage of the knock out stage with 3x second place

>João Pinto punched a referee
what!! i completely forget! any vid?

Born in 1985, I only have vague memories of 1994. Everything prior is just based on my parent's opinions or other people who were aware of what the hell was going on.

1. 2002 (Golden generation, we wasted it because we were scared of everything)
2. 2006 (PO PO PO PO PO PO etc)
3. 1990 (Team was stacked, didn't win only because of >Zenga and penalties curse)
4. 1998 (Start of the "Golden Generation", lost only to world cup winners on penalties)
5. 1994 (Literally carried by Baggio)
6. 2014 (Team wasn't bad, Prandelli don fucked up big time)
7. 1986 (This is what happens when meme teams win the league)
8. 2010 (JUST)

Born in 1988 too, cheer lad

>1998 : Started to watch football, golden generation, perfect world cup at home
>2000 : Best game I've seen in my life against Italy in final.
>2002 : Zidane injured, no party.
>2004 : Great game against England, I was so made to lose against Greece
>2006 : Nobody expected anything from this team but then Zidane came back from retirement and carried them to the final
>2008 : absolute shit, cancer "coach" french football was dead
>2010 : absolute shit, cancer "coach" didnt deserve to qualify
>2012 : mediocre generation, lost against Spain but it was normal.
>2014 : decent world cup

98/02: dont qualify fuck you Oceania

2006: Golden generation, Kewell, Dukes, Timmy, Schwarzer, Neill. Bunch of mad cunts

2010: Golden generation has more or less retired or gone to arabland for free paychecks, bit of a shitshow performance.

2014: New coach, cutting a lot of deadwood and playing some exciting players, go down fighting.

2018: who the fuck knows

You can't really tell from the vid, so here's pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=mvW0tjva0FQ

>1990 won, I was 1 year old
>1994 no idea what happened there I was too young
>1998 I remember how we got killed by Croatia 3:0 and the game where Lothar Mattäus got a pipe trhown on his head. Also when a player had to go in our goals because all goal keepers were kill. But it wasn't a good team anyway
>2002 Typical lets stack the team with the best players tactic, I'm very suprised how they could come to the finals with this kind of football
>2006 A new German team enters the stage, young, talented and a perfect team. Still lack the experience and lsoe to italy
>2010 More experience now, again a very great team but now it was spains turn.
>2014 The team can't be beaten in its greatness anymore, experienced cold headed, smart wining the cup

Euros
>2000 I didn't give a shit
>2004 Greece won pure magic (only interesting Euro)
>2008 Spained and very boring
>2012 Spained and I didn't even watch it
>2016 Could be good if Portugal wins. France is a very shit team

if i remember well starting from 1991 to 1995 the Germany was literally Zimbabwe tier

in 2000 too

Roumanie stronk :O

>2012 Spained and I didn't even watch it
ehehhehehe

I have no idea how USMNT did in the 70s and 80s. I really only paid attention from maybe 1994?

I think the best was when we beat spain in confederations cup?

>, experienced cold headed
I like it.

>USA WON FIFA
Good times.

according to my dad 1990 was the strongest Italy he's seen

Oh right that was when it was USA WINS 1-1 right?

Also didn't we do OK against Belgium in Worldc Up? Didn't we tie in regulation and only lost in ET or something?

Interesting that England's history of getting cucked by a "worse" team goes back two world cups.

1. 2006. If Owen had knees then we could have gone much further

2. 2002. Best chance we've had to win in years. Just seaman being a retard for the 2nd time in his career stopped up

3. 1998. First major football memory, only really remember the major bits but seemed a great squad not too far gone from Euro '96

4. 2014. Results wise terrible but against top teams, went in pessimistic and never had a reason to change that mood

5. 2010. Problems between the coaching and the team, poor all around.

ahhh. juninho. good times.

No, USA winning FIFA was beating Spain in the Confed Cup

o fuck de la cruz.
9Ronaldo and Inzaghi all rolled into one. The most dangerous player

>Just seaman being a retard for the 2nd time in his career stopped up

Habib pls, no goalkeeper in the world could have catched that.

>if Felipe Melo was not a complete retard

You are the cancer killing our football. Felipe Melo dindu nuffin

>Last two digits

>no goalkeeper in the world could have catched that.
He'd get away with it if was the only time he'd been lobbed like that. But getting lobbed twice is just being a retard

1. 1990 (At lot of them were genuinely world class and played in the best league of the world at the time)
2. 2014 (They are the most likable team, it was good to see them winning after so many chokes)
3. 2010 (Probably the most exciting football, great team with new talents like Neuer, Müller, Özil, plus Schweini was in his prime, but they could only play one kind of football which isn't enough)
4. 2006 (Cause they were a breath of fresh air after the shit that came befor them, finally some hope for German football, still not a very good team apart from their spirit but they got CURSED)
5. 2002 (Kahn + Ballack + luck carrying some guys who shouldn't have been there)
6. 1994 (the same players as 1990 but old as fuck with a shitty coach)
7. 1998 (the same players as 1990 but even older with a shitty coach, raped by Croatia even though I still believe they were refballed)

Born in 1990

1998 - tough group, eliminated in group stage despite not losing a single match
2000 - host EC; eliminated in group stage due to stupid loss vs Turkey
2002 - out at final sixteen vs Brazil, but played a great match; fuck Prendergast, I'll hate him forever
-
years of silence
-
tfw "golden generation"
2014 - qualification phase was promising but group stage wasn't convincing; out at quarter final vs Argentina
2016 - "this is our moment" - horrible games vs strong teams, out at quarter final vs Wales

still very disappointed about the loss to Wales
the brackets of the knockout phase were very promising - and so was the 0-1 lead vs Wales - if they only could've kept the lead

1. WC 1990 (Play some good friendlies beforehand, everyone gets hyp, choke massively, at least they managed to beat the US of A)

2. WC 1998 (Decent team, but major components were getting really old, trainer shits himself, play waaaayyyy too defensively, choke in groupstages)

2014 (Not qualified, but Koller formed a decent team that would qualify for the euros 2 years later, only to choke massively in the group stages)

1994/2002/2006/2010 (Not even qualified, I'll spare you the details, it was that bad)

Being a fan of the Austrian NT is truly suffering. >We are too small to be a meme nation that celebrates every goal, but not good enough to not choke when it matters. Assuming the qualifiers don't turn into a trainwreck, of course.

1998= 2002= 2006 = 2010 = 2014

All were fun but fucking leaved me dissapointed.
the team from 1998 was Semis quality 2b h

1994 > 2006 > 2014 > 2010 >>>> 1990 + 1986 + 1998 + 2002 (we weren't qualified those years).

Of all those we qualified for in my lifetime, 1994 was probably the best, though I can't remember it well. 2006 was probably our best performance, in 2010 we were the only team to beat Spain, and 2014 would've been GOAT if we hadn't cruelly lost to Argentina in extra time (and that awful 5-2 defeat to France).

you have the same problems we do - smaller pool of players, lack of cohesiveness despite (sometimes) individual talent, and basically not much heart.

>basically not much heart
and not much strategy

such a group of talented players but not a talented team; really wasted this opportunity

>start counting from the year you were born
>2002
wew lad.

They've lost more shootouts than any other national team.

Born in 91.
2014- Our best performance in my time. Great attacking play and managed to get out of a really hard group. Soundly beat Spain to eliminate them. It was a shame to go out so early against Brazil, we were a little unlucky.
2010- Similar to 2014, but our golden generation was still composed of unexperienced childs.
1998- I really think that Salas, Zamorano and Sierra were our only legit players. It was a little frustrating because we should have topped the group but go refballed by Italy. Solid performance anyway.
1994- If I remember correctly, we were still banned, lol.
2006- Didn't qualify.
2002- Didn't qualify. Finished dead last in CONMEBOL. Terrible campaign.
Overall, I was born just on time.

1930 - Uruguay owning, start feeling inferior but nice artist from austria tells me i am better than anyone else. He is a cool guy, bretty sure he has a bright future ahead.
1934 - Italy giving me hope for the white race, consider them our best buddys
1938 - hosted in France, Paris is a nice city, should be german imho. Italian bros take the trophy again. Really admiring them. They are my greatest ally.
>on vacation for a while
1950 - actually present at the WC in Brazil. Went over there with my new argentinian family. Great finals, thinking Brazil will dominate football from now on, even though they lost the finals.
1954 - Germany is the new world champion! What a glorious day! I feel proud of my country again.
1958 - Brazil winning big. Fucking knew it.
1962 - Brazil again, who can stop them?
1966 - IT WAS NOT OVER THE LINE!!!!
1970 - Mexico is a disgusting place. Should build a wall around it. Brazil taking it home again, starts to get boring.
1974 - WOOOO DEUTSCHLAND, YAY!
1978 - attending to the WC in Argentina. Mario Kempes is GOAT!
1982 - Fucking Italy. I hate these fuckers so much! They are my worst enemy.
1986 - Maradona is GOAT!
1990 - HAHAHAHA BTFO IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!!! EAT SHIT ITALY!
>into hiding
>get convicted for my vacation
>shitpost on Sup Forums from jails library

1982 - Score 10
1986 - Concede 6
Shit was extremely contrasting experience of my childhood.

No world cup qualifying since then.

>post ends in 71

I love it