Be able to commit crimes with a 100% guarantee of not getting caught

>Be able to commit crimes with a 100% guarantee of not getting caught
>Still get caught

Japanese """"""writers"""""" have to be the dumbest motherfuckers ever.

Agreed tbqh

>Japanese """"""writers"""""" have to be the dumbest motherfuckers ever.
Yep, even Americans writer pull off less stupid shit. The premise was interesting but holy shit the execution goes down the drain quickly.

>enhance the image
>make a GUI interface using VB to track his IP addres

Not that complicated,

L found out where the first killing was, it was a small time japanese criminal.

L puts a fake L on TV stations local to each prefecture of Japan one by one, saying that "Fake L" will capture Kira.

Kira takes the bait and kills Fake L. L now has worked out where Kira is in Japan, the rest is psychological profiling and sending agents to certain monitor suspects, until one gives themselves away.

No plot holes there, makes perfect sense. You need a name to Kill someone with the Death Note, Light doesn't know Real L's name at that point.

>expecting an egomaniacal sociopath to not get himself caught when provoked

that manga is so stupid...

>if I do this thing I know he will do that thing

>I know that he will do that thing to make me do this thing, so I will do that thing to make him do that other thing

You're an idiot. If light was as smart as he was suppose to be then he would have never gotten close to L period.

Not really L just guessed it was a japan student but Light pushed himself onto task force to find kira and shit. He put himself under L's sight.

Hey look its this thread again how original i must say op youve really rustled my jimmies with that groundbreaking question if i didnt see this thread for the 50th i would surely never have pondered such a thing

Fuck off

He wanted L out the picture, so he wouldn't fuck him over at a later date. He got close but then got wrapped up in everything and fucked himself over because he's an egomaniac.

As much as I'd love to discuss death note on Sup Forums, this is obviously a shitposting thread.

If anyone cares, L is basically sherlock holmes solving a magical mysteries

I'm about to go full autism.

Light DOES get away with it (For the most part). To me Death Note is about the battle of wits between L/Near and Light.
L is smart enough to figure out Light it indeed killing with the Death Note, And LURES Light into revealing himself.

If anything Light gets caught because he was extremely cocky to prove to himself that he can beat L in a battle of wits.
Light is an overachiever and the people around him constantly give him praise. He develops a quite literally god complex when he gets the Death Note because he already seems himself above everyone he knows.

To him the Death Note was a sign for him to make a world a better place, Which is says multiple times.. with a caveat. He says he also wants to be the RULER of earth.

So to get back to what OP is saying, The Death Note is just a plot device for L and Light fight it out using their brains. Saying the Death Note is just a plot device is sorta underplaying it because the whole conflict wouldn't have started if it never came into play.

You just can't deny the fact that Light simply got out smarted by L/Near. Near and made the viewer think that he was ONLY suspecting Light while pursuing Teru Mikami. Near made the call to switch the Death Note to a fake WAY ahead of Light even thinking of them doing it.

To put frank, Light got Cocky as fuck. He literally became a kill-able god with how big his ego got. Probably didn't help he trusted Mikami which was a Kira fanboy who fucked it up. So I blame that on Light.

Light Vs L, Light Won, Light Vs Near, Near Won. Don't get me started on how a kid beat Light who BEAT L who was his mentor. L > Near.

So its more like fuck the Japs for writing Near who shouldn't have in my opinion beaten Light.

Which means he let his ego take over and he wasn't smart. But his character was a literal gary stu so it didn't make sense. He wouldn't have risked it since they played him off as being calculating and patient. In manga he lost his memory for some long term plan.

That extra scene in the anime where Light washes and sucks on L's feet. Pure KINO.

Sounds like a Zach Snyder move

He isn't some hyper intelligent deity. He's an egomaniac, manipulative law student who found a book that can kill people.

He constantly overestimates his ability while fucking himself over to the point he has to constantly rely on others for help. He belives himself to be special, the writers wanted you to believe he was special at first, but like all villains he was just an idiot.

thanks for the sloppy synopsis/purpose of the film. didn't think they were going for that and it was just some random with a book.

Did you even watch the movie?

more like Qeeurntin Tarantino, get it, because he likes feet but they're dudes so he is a homo.

He was like number 1 student in japan and a master at every sport he played etc. Plus there was many plot holes and plot convince like no files magically on L's real name besides the 2 he burned up earlier on.

>school
>involving critical thought

Light was bored and wanted a challenge. L gave him that challenge.
I mean Death Note isn't a masterpiece, but you have to be retarded to not get it.

Why is L played by a gook in this? Wasn't he supposed to be English or whatever?