Serious thread. Losing weight, getting in shape. On a serious cal rest diet, exercising a lot. 3 months...

Serious thread. Losing weight, getting in shape. On a serious cal rest diet, exercising a lot. 3 months, down from 300 to 240, it was relatively easy at first, but for some reason I'm getting really hungry this last week. Ravenous. All I can think about is how hungry I am, even right after I eat. Anyone done this/ experienced this in losing weight? Advice? Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GUrzBKVvvDY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fiber supplements and water. Not kidding. Good luck man, and next time post on /fit/. It's a good resource.

How much fiber sup? I'm already eating so much whole grain I'm shitting literal bricks.

You're probably getting hungry because of the rate that you're burning calories. It's ok to eat if you're unfit, just don't eat crap.

My intake ranges from 1000 to 1500 calories.

Cut out a lot of that whole grain and replace it with good protein. Protein keeps you full longer.

Cut way back on your exercise. You're overdoing it. Weight loss is almost entirely good nutrition. Exercise makes you healthier, but has little effect on long-term weight loss. This is counter-intuitive, but exercising a lot makes you HUNGRY, which causes you to eat too much.

Thanks user, I'll keep that in mind.

Switch to the keto diet.
Hunger problems solved.
Lost 50 lbs in one month + weight lifting and a one mile jog every day.
300 to 250, 40 or so more to go.

I'm afraid that would be long term unsustainable for me, I don't really want to do a kind of diet, just keeping calories lower than I burn. But thanks for the tip.

How much water do you drink during the day? I constantly keep a full glass next to my computer, fill it with ice and eat the ice when the water is low. That'll keep you goen

I drink constantly, water and diet soda only. It doesn't feel like it's curbing my appetite, but it could just be my perception.

Hey man. I finally graduated so i've got the time to lose a lot of weight which I have due to stuff I won't get in to. Other than obvious calories intake > calories burnt.

Having lost about 25 pounds in 2-3 weeks, I've noticed the same thing. My intake is around 1500 calories a day but you can do a lot with that.

Breakfast cereal with milk. I take Shredded Wheat and even put a touch of sugar on it. I don't need to forsake all flavour.

Lunch is usually a meat dish. Can be some steak, bacon and chips, w/e. usually a large amount of by daily calories.

For my evening meal each day, it's just a plated salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, 3 coloured peppers, radishes and some lean ham. I might even have a boiled egg with it if i'm in the mood. Hell, even salad cream.

Throughout the day i'm snacking on fruit.

The biggest thing i've found is actually having a tall glass of pineapple juice every morning which helps with digestion and calorie burn. #

TL;DR - Add about 200 calories of fruit throughout the day. While calorie counting is good, there are good calories and bad calories.

Just keep at it and make sure to be exercising a lot. I'm combining diet, cardio and fullbody weight lifting for muscle gain to reduce excess skin and get stronger.

4 weeks in, feels great.
I don't get tired, thinking clearly, I ate breakfast today (scrambled eggs with cheese and salami) then nothing else for the rest of the day (about 8 hours without eating) came home and did a full heavy weight workout and jogged a mile afterwards before eating a dinner of fried fish and broccoli.

I could never have done that on a high carb diet.

Cut out diet soda. Get fruit juices. Water, pineapple juice, orange juice, apple juice, mango juice are all good. You can also maybe get something like pommengrated juice/juice drink so long as you don't have too much.

I drink 2.5 litres of fluid a day or there abouts (im post 692381452 also)

This is almost exactly what I'm doing, thanks a lot. I didn't feel very hungry and it seemed like I was eating plenty, makes me feel astounded at what I was eating before. But acutely, just this week I'm sick hungry, don't know why, I've been doing so good. Thanks for the post.

>pineapple juice magic cure
>exercising a lot
>lost weight

post-hoc fallacy confirmed

You don't worry about the sugar?

Fruit juices tend to have as much or more sugar than coke does.

here you go whales, the easy guide to not being fat
step 1) get a gym membership
step 2) exercise 1-2 hours a day every day
step 3) stick to leafy greens, fruit, and lean cuts of meat, only eat red meat at most once a week, cut down on sugar/bread/starchy carbs as much as possible while trying to eat the majority of your intake from leafy greens

foods like, kale, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, yams, green beans, brussle sprouts, bell peppers, peas

^ eat as much of those as you want in a day until you are satiated, have 1 serving of fruit (500g or less), 1 serving of a protein (around 500g) after your fruit and protein are eaten, fill the rest of the day with veggies until you are satisfied, rinse and repeat every day of your life, after 10 years of doing this without cheating on your diet eating garbage, or missing the gym, you will look great, if you can't do this, you are a worthless sack of shit with no will power or respect for yourself

I drink only diet

Agreed on cutting out the diet soda completely, though. There is suspicion that artificial sweeteners may be having a similar fat-storing effect to sugars.
If you're drinking it for flavor, try something else. If you're drinking it for caffeine, switch to black coffee or tea, or caffeine pills. Or even better, wean yourself off of the caffeine too.

Drink 8 oz water and a hard piece of fruit before and between meals (apples, etc) not banana

That is bad advice. Do not drink a bunch of fruit juice. Fruit has quite a bit of sugar in it. When you eat fruit, the fiber blunts the sugar absorption so your blood sugar doesn't spike. Fruit juice has no fiber, it's just juice and sugar. And if you're drinking the shit made by soft drink companies, it's just fruit-flavored sugar water.

Thanks user I hope to get there. Appreciate the tough love, that's what got my ass moving in the first place

I do a 1.5-2 hour gym work out every other day and my all around calorie intake is low. I also drink mostly water, like 75% of my daily intake.

200 ml of pineapple
200 ml of mango
200 ml of pommengranete
200 ml of orange

I don't always drink the same every day. Also lots of my fruit juice is very low sugar. It might be differet outside of the UK though, depending on who makes it.

In regards to the juice drink, no. I don't drink it by the litre. Same with sugar on the cereal. I'm not banning flavour and a little sugar isn't making that much difference. I want a well rounded, realistic diet that I can keep too where I won't pile on weight if I change it or increase sugar intake on a week vacation or something.

Check your local pharmacy for appetite supressants. There may be some in the vitamins section. Great work by the way.

Thanks, it's worth I shot, but it's the one vice I'm allowing myself, it would be hard to give up. As vices go, I've had way worse- how I got to 300 on the first place no?

The amount of bad advice in this still-short thread is astonishing.

There's a big different between juice and juice drink.

Why hard? I eat tons of bananas.

Thanks for the tip user

What would you recommend? Thanks for the attaboy also

So don't give it up completely, if it's actually valuable to you. But at least cut back as much as possible.

I used to drink at least 12 cans a day. Now I mostly drink cold water. I'll have a soda sometimes when I go out to eat, but not routinely. Once you break that habit, you really won't miss it. Hell, it doesn't even taste that good to me anymore.

Remember that almost everything you've been eating and drinking has been done strictly out of habit.

Well, I appreciate any advice.

is 1000 to 1500 even safe? you won't have energy to exercise. how tall are you?

That's an interesting way to look at it. I can def cut back.

Eat something with a lot of fiber, and low calories. Eat as much rasin bran as you can, or binge on apples or carrots.

are you a retard? exercise 2 hours daily?

There's not much of a difference.

All fruit juices are made essentially the same way: First the skin is removed, which takes with it a lot of the fiber. Then the fruit is crushed and the pulp filtered out, taking with it the rest of the fiber and a good deal of the nutrients. What's left is mostly sugar water, but it still tastes like fruit.

When talking about fruit drinks (as opposed to the fruit juices you're talking about), the water is then boiled off leaving mostly fructose (fruit sugar). This sugar doesn't taste like the fruit anymore. They add it to fruit-flavored drinks and claim they're "made with real fruit juice".

It's low, but I can fit three meals and a snack into it. It's just recently that I'm feeling it, I would have thought it would be worse at 300.

true. were you exercising as much at 300? how much are you exercising each day (how many minutes of cardio)?

2,4 DNP

Good point I wasn't exercising really at all then. Makes sense.

Juice is literally just wasted calories without fiber.

I exercise about three hours every other day. Usually jog, lift weights, swim and sauna.

Ever actually used dnp? Even at low BF% it doesn't work well without no carbs. Such a demotivational drug. Never felt so tired, lethargic in my life.

This is not me (op) arguing about juice, I like juice, I just worry about the added calories it brings.

No clue what dnp is, appetite suppressant? How does it work?

Use many tea with substitute of sugar. I drink 7 cups to day. feel good

Green tea or black?

1200+ is normally fine

but holy shit do you feel exhausted. I slept 12hours a day when i did heavy cutting

I found it easiest to buy prepackaged food (soups etc.) because i could easily keep track of the calories.
When i ate-out or had a high calorie meal, i go to the gym.
Seems to be working. Lost 45 and have about 5-10 more to go

If you eat only *****whole***** plant foods, you don't need to worry about eating too much :^)

Black. green tea drink only girls or fagots

Me I'm on a diet, fruits and veggies only, I spend about 40 minutes to an hour doing cardio and then 30 minutes lifting. I weigh 330 pounds and I'm currently losing about 8-10 pounds a week. Is there any other beneficial exercises or changes I can make to lose more weight?

I'm glad for you that you've gotten results, but you made it a lot harder on yourself than you needed to. Prepackaged soup? How did you even feel sated?

Its Dinitrophenol. It raises body temp and in turn metabolic rate. Everyone online talks about it like it some sort of magic fat shredding drug, but like most metabolics it doesn't work very well for fat loss, although it definitely increases body temp. To the point that every single movement is exerting and makes you sweat like crazy. Like a sauna in a pill kinda feeling. Very innefective though.

Are you not paying attention?
Stop fucking exercising so much.

You need to EAT. You need to eat A LOT MORE. You need good food. Keep eating as many veggies as you want, some fruits, but you need lean proteins, and you need some slow-burning complex carbs.

pls don't exercise 3 hours per day unless your doctor recommends it. 1500 calories, and 3 hours of exercise will surely lead to heart attack.

this is how many athletes die, when they cut weight so fast. it's horrible for your heart.

Reminds me of ephedra, I lost weight years ago on that, but when it went outlaw here I gained it all back.

Every other day, but thanks

Drink green or white tea once a day to help with digestion if you are blocked up then drink apple cider vinegar

Ephedra is actually closely related to amphetamines. Bad news. The FDA doesn't step in very much on supplements, so when something gets their attention it's a good reason to give it a wide berth.

I lost a hundred pounds, from 340 to 240, and ravenously ate my way back to 280. By allowing myself to eat dinner and a late snack, I've gotten down to 220. The hardest part is turning off the appetite all but twice a day, but I'm dealing.

hi pls. what are some good slow-burning complex carb foods?

Same idea as ephedra/ephedrine. What you feel are all the side effect. Low dose it just feels like a stimulant, higher doses feel like death.

The benefits are just appetite stimulation. Honestly, speed works way better for this, with less side effects, and has some euphoric effects too. I wouldn't reccomend amphetamine with carbio but it does a hell of a job at suppressing appetite and give you energy when completely carb deprived. Just stay hydrated.

Eat more often.

Every 2-3 hours, you should be eating something. Try for 20-30g of protein per snack between meals. And drink lots of water and/or tea. This keeps you from starving.

I get that a lot of what I've done is unhealthy but so is weighing two people, no?

>be a lazy fuck
>drink and party hard
>eat shit food
>gain weight to 315lbs
>switch to a strict no sugar of any form diet
>no alcohol
>take aderall
>now down to 230lbs
not difficult.

I think you mean figurative. Try steamed protein and snacking regularly Android fruits and nuts as well as what you are doing with fiber.

soups good shit nigga, though canned leaves a lot to be desired.

It also helped that im in college and am hesitant to spend more than $2 on a meal

Plant foods, essentially. If you eat any grain, make sure it's 100% whole grain. It's better to avoid rice, but a little brown rice once in awhile is fine.

You want stuff that hasn't been heavily processed. Processing is not evil, it just means it's been mechanically broken down, so the sugars absorb faster than you want them to. Complex carbs take time to digest, so you don't get a glucose spike in your bloodstream.

I eat like a fatty but just exercise a lot to compensate.

>chips
>ice cream
>white rice
>fatty meat
>lots of cheese
>pie
>cake
>cinnamon rolls
>fried foods
>cookies
>cup cakes
>candy
I eat this stuff on a regular basis.

I stay skinny, but put on the pounds easily if I don't exercise but eat the same way for a few days.

I should probably stop, but I've been a little self indulgent lately.

YouTube video about sumo wrestlers and their fat.
It's like the fat I put on when I don't exercise.
youtube.com/watch?v=GUrzBKVvvDY

This is good advice for general fitness, but shit all for weight losst.

It's all about energy in vs energy out.

To a certain extent you aren't SUPPOSED to do keto, it has flaws similar to the paleo diet. Half our calories came from foraging and half from hunting. Cards are a necessity- otherwise your brain rots and body doesn't work.

The key is to avoid excess. Keto for a while works, beyond that you can experience bad side-effects.

where you take a time for this?

Maybe you're just hungry for cock? You should try it at least.

Yes, weighing two people is horribly unhealthy.
It's not so much that most of the advice in this thread is dangerous (except the appetite suppressant drugs), it's just ineffective. Following the bad advice means you put in a bunch of effort, exercise a lot, and at the end of it you give up because you're still a fat fuck, or you lost some weight and then became a fat fuck again.

>step 1) get a gym membership
That's stupid. You should get a martial arts gym membership.

You get all the benefits of exercise, increased mood, increased self esteem, physical fitness, and then some when you do martial arts.

Martial arts isn't boring shit like running on a machine so that you can run and not get anywhere, or picking things up and setting them down.
With martial arts, you have a fun kick ass time, because it's not boring bullshit.
On top of being entertaining, you develop more mental discipline than exercising because of the complexity of martial arts, and you develop a skill.
You work your body, as well as your mind, with an emphasis on your mind and developing a skill.

If you ever get into a bar fight or something, you will be like a god after only a few months of dedicated martial arts training, because a large majority of people are shit fighters to begin with.
You can have strong ass pectorals, but throw weak baby punches compared to someone who knows how to use kinetic linking, or in other words know how to throw a punch.
You can have strong ass fucking pectorals, but not be able to land a single good punch of a trained Boxer of 4 months.

Nigga? Realy? from Harlem?

You shouldn't just exercise your body, you should exercise your mind.

Not only can you exercise your mind, you can help beat the shit out of hunger at the same time.

freerice.com

I started on level 3 because I'm a super genius.

I think this is great advice for me, too (I was just diagnosed with Beetus, steroid-induced from Prednisone)

I won't be getting into a fight. If someone assaults me, I'll dispatch them with my P226 Sig Sauer, or I'll upper cut with my palm out, striking them in the nose - sending their nasal bone into their brain (killing them instantly).

I'm too old for 'fights'.

I dont fink so. Homey dont play what

Does it interrupt your plans at all that there is no nasal bone that can enter the brain?

why do you gay homosexuals assume all men are gay?

not much of an anatomy student, eh?

google HUMAN NASAL BONE

I drove through Harlem once

Op here, thank you to all of you who have actual advice, I really appreciate it and will try to incorporate some of it. This is turning into more of a flame war thread now, but thanks Sup Forumsros for your honest thoughts.

and how there?

How to get motivation to lose weight ?

use mirror

pay attention to fat people
they're disgusting and act rude as hell

do you want to be associated with them?

He's doing it right and you are still an overweight weak piece of shit. Who's on drugs

Just think its a win/win for you

Yes. Fat people dont have a soul.

I didnt do it to look good but for the health benefits
nice anecdote

>nice anecdote
Thats how i decided to lose weight
overweight people disgust me, myself included.

Look is good - health is good

Said more

great for you man but its still bullshit, the fat people i know arent like that.

true but it isnt my goal.