The big question

Favorite Zeppelin album?

Mine's I.

Now by popular demand! A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:
"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
"Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."

III

still one of the best guitarists to live tho

Gotta go with Zep II. III is underrated though, acoustic Zeppelin is some of the best Zeppelin.

PG, all of the first 6 are 10/10 though.

Waste of trips

This is pretty cool if it's true, gonna look these up and give them a listen, thanks

I'm not really too hot on Houses of the Holy desu.

>Reply to Thread No.69237894
III is pretty damn great, I just love the fuck out of I.

I
How Many More Times is GOAT

I love Communication Breakdown and Dazed and Confused the most off the album, but How Many More Times is pretty damn great.

>mfw rockists dismiss sampling but defend led zepplagiarists

Probably my second favorite if i had to pick.

The Crunge is a bit controversial, yeah, but it's short and the drums are great and the lyrics are fun.

That's actually one of my favorite's off the album. Something about most of the tracks just kinda turn me off though.

How am I supposed to choose? They are all so good.

It's between I, II, III, IV, and Physical Graffiti

For me personally:
I = II > PG = IV = III > Presence = ITTOD = Coda = HOTH

I only ever listen to I, II, III, IV and PG in whole with 1 or two songs from Presence and ITTOD thrown in.

You don't ever listen to The Rain Song or No Quarter? Over The Hills? The Ocean? Song Remains The Same?

What's wrong with Hoth?

>none of my fav songs by them on the list
feels good man

I > IV > II > PG >III > HOTH > Presence > ITTOD > Coda

As much as Reddit kids gas up Stairway I still think IV is the best, every song is a classic.

>blues-rock riff sounds vaguely like generic blues riff that like 10 people have ever heard
>muh plagiarism
Even the most famous one, that Spirit song, sounds nothing like Stairway

>rock artist does blues covers
Wow. Just wow.

III is the best.

Hell no

Its too cold there desu

Presence is Patrician

>first song is the only good song: the album

Coda

Said no one ever

The only right answer

Thanks, I just got arrested by FBI

Yeah. But when artists play covers they should say that in the album credits. Not claim it as their own work. Therein lies the crux of the biscuit. Even The Beatles gave credit where credit was due.

underrated

lol

Fools
I is their weakest of the original 4

IV > PG > II > HotH > III > I

Unironically this.

3 or houses if I had to pick.

Probably 2 and 4 are better but are too overplayed.

The first few opening seconds of Good Times Bad Times is fantastic.