Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XgKHdanxE6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Or any other Ferrara, really.

Dark City, duh.

>Ferrara

SMELLZ

that movie was filmed in studio you dumb fuck

Blade Runner, which is also essential raincore.

awful movie

American Graffiti
Chungking Express
Manhattan
Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe? (And other chamber plays, A Sunset Limited might also work).

how the fuck does that change anything, you retard?

NIGHTCRAWLER

Fallen Angels
After Hours

Anybody else think EWS might be Kubrick's best?

Because that makes it FAKE, dude!! It's like nothing in the movie actually happened in real life!

Drive

Harry potter

because the movie doesn't even happen at night you utter fucking cunt. how daft are you?

night core, retard. night.

Parts of the film were shot on a sound stage, but that sequence in the OP was shot on the streets of London made up to look like New York. Watch the behind the scenes stuff if you really care.

No mention of Night on Earth.

Pretty shit thread mate to be perfectly honest (tbph).

near hyde park?

>but that sequence in the OP was shot on the streets of London made up to look like New York

BASED

Miracle Mile

If a woman cucks you in her dreams, does it count as a cucking in real life?

youtube.com/watch?v=XgKHdanxE6A

>what is acting
>what is sets?

You know they film the movie in a set in front of a screen with a movie of night time playing in it right? So the end result is we see him appearing to walk through night.

You're a fucking retard, by your logic, unless you watch a movie as it actually happens live in front of you, its not a movie. You don't know whats the point of acting, sets, or special effects.

I bet you're the kind of faggot that cries whenever there's CGI in a movie.

Kill yourself, cunt.

de_stroyed

Was this really a better option than filming on the street?

What was that comedy show where that bald comedian guy walks around at night going to various businesses and interviewing people on the street? He drank a lot too.

samefag, go gas yourself, kike.

kubrick's asperger syndrome feat OCD says 'definitely'

don't go mad into that gentle night

This is all the proof we need that the moon landings were fake too

but why

Insomniac with Dave Attell. Back when Comedy Central was worth a shit.

awful taste.

Thank you.

because the real street is filled with deadly fumes and arseholes can still be exposed through denim

i don't understand

kubrick was pretty autistic about lighting and shit which is easier to do how he wanted in studio

>40 replies
>no Taxi Driver

He wanted to make it look more "dreamlike"

For real though:

Tom Cruise is a very high-paid actor, and the cost of transporting him to separate locations for shots/scenes like this just wouldn't make sense. Financially, it was smart to group as many of his scenes as possible together in the studio.

Not to mention that lighting nighttime exteriors is difficult, especially in crowded locations. If they'd done this shot "for real" it would've been a long tracking shot down a well-lit city street at night, with Tom Cruise right in front of the camera the whole time. Especially with an exacting visual director like Kubrick, they could've easily spent an entire night just setting up the lights. With Tom Cruise getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to wait in his trailer until they're ready.

Instead, they do one single, stationary lighting setup to light Tom Cruise, they play the rear-projection footage, and the shot's done in an hour, and they can keep working on many other scenes in the same studio. And if you hadn't seen that behind-the-scenes photo, you probably never would've known the difference.

Movie magick

now i'll feel cucked everytime i see that scene with this knowledge

Urban nigth kino
>Taxi Driver
>Drive
>Thief
>The Third Man
>Escape from Jew York
>EWS
>Dr Mabuse, der Spieler
>Die Hard
>Rope
>Blade Runner

Urban night movie
>Nightcrawler
>American Graffiti
>Before Sunrise
>After Hours
>Glengarry Glen Ross
>Collateral

Rural night kino
>The Night of the Hunter
>The Thing
>Key Largo

Incorrect again friend, but please continue spouting incorrect statements.

Blood Simple

you Coen fans owe yourselves to track it down on video home system

>Literally cuck movie in the 80s.

Cohen bros were ahead of the time. Perhaps being Jews they were tipped in advanced about the coming propaganda operation.

The Ninth Gate

me too

most of it happens during the day...

>essential plumbercore

Lost In Translation has some pretty comfy night scenes.

Repo Man has some cool night photography, but it mostly takes place during the day I suppose.

Nice rear-projection, Kubrick!

Switch collateral to kino and you got yourself a solid list

> Most of the night shots were shot during the day, using the day-for-night process.

So for you a movie literally called 30 days of night also isn't nightcore?

i actually love this one, havent heard of it in a long time

Blade II