i dont have to prove it
because trying to prove it would imply there was one to begin with

So you're saying one doesn't exist
Do you have proof?

im not saying one does not exist
and im not saying one doesnt
im saying im too busy not giving a crap anyone
to care one way or the other

Agnostic here. There is no "proof" one way or another. Just accept that you don't know and move on with life.

Disease, Famine, Wars, Suicide

>what is burden of proof

Logically, you should have to prove that there's a god first.

I can scientifically prove that there is no deity

>everything that exists must have a creator
>God doesn't have a creator

=>God doesn't exist

Of course you can deny all that by saying that axioms are basically dogmatic pieces of rules and data. We can't prove that logical axioms are actually true and we can't prove that God is dependent to those axioms.

You need to have an unchangeable/unquestionable starting point in order to prove anything. We don't have such a point.

i cant prove it but you cant also

Basically,

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted

humans created god

>Can you see it?
No
>Then it doesn't exist
Just like your dad OP, now go be retarded somewhere else.

one cannot provide evidence of a negative. Theists would need to provide evidence of a diety, but they dont. instead they just have blind faith based on a mythology.

You can neither prove nor disproves something that exists beyond the laws of physics, for everything we know is based on physics and our understanding thereof.

What kind of God would make OP such a faggot?

a gaylord?

im bored of this thread
im out

Stressing a species weeds out the chaff. Humans are not perfect. By far, and can only achieve a higher standard by destroying the garbage and focusing on the best.

If it wasn't for all those things. If, for example, humans were immortal, then they would have stopped advancing at whatever point they achieved that.

Think about it. Everything that makes us good and virtuous is a part of being in a stressful environment that breeds excellence. If there was no stress factor on the species, it would degrade to immobile, thoughtless masses of shit.

That doesn't prove anything. One could just as well ask where the fuck all the energy in the universe came from. It was always there? Well, you can say the same about God.

I CANT!

This

My favourite vape flavour isn't vegan there isn't a loving presence in this world

The burden of proof is on the person making the extraordinary claim. You say there is a magical man in the sky.

Everything had to come from somewhere and if there was nothing at the beginning then it's impossible for it to be created unless someone created it, like god

Mine is. Rempen

All scientific proofs work without a god. You are committing a burden of proof logical fallacy. The pressure isn't on athiests to prove there isnt a god, the pressure is on christians to prove he is needed.

>being this autistic

did you pass high school

it isnt worth trying to argue

If at the beginning of the universe when there was absolutely nothing how could the universe be created? Smart man

You place a lot of faith in your ideology, just like Christians (who are, by far, not the only religious people on Earth).

On the subject of scientific proof. You simply do not know one way or another. The source of all the energy in the universe can not be explained in any coherent way by modern science. The best it can do is "It was always there" or "It was introduced from an even larger system"

Well, theists believe that larger system is an orderly God of some kind. There is no dichotomy between science and religion. The only perceivable dichotomies you see are ones you see from idiots who can't see the big picture and instead blindly focus on their internalized belief system.

Try to look past the armies of strawmen on either side to the core principles, and you will see that we only want the truth.

You're missing the point entirely. Where did all the energy in the universe come from? Science has no coherent answer to the question. It's all blind faith, and some people see all the order and think it's absurd to think there isn't a larger system beyond the conceivable universe.

Sup Forums still exists. Either your god doesn't exist, or he's evil. Evil may be merely sardonic and lazy in this instance.

QED

That's jumping to conclusions without evidence. Also it's a good of the gaps argument. I think religion has done nearly as much good as bad and I had both a bar mitzvah and a confirmation. I can speak ivrit and even read Aramaic. I know the tanakh backwards and forwards. I'm not an atheist by choice. I just found it all to be horse shit and there is no coming back from that realization.

>What is burden of proof?

So who created god?

This guys smart
You on the other hand are a fucking idiot and I would love to beat the shit out of you right now

Humans are too simple minded to understand the idea of a god so I can't answer that

> I'm not an atheist by choice
Yes you are. An Atheist believes there is no God. So you have a belief system, hopefully based on something right? In your case it seems that it is entirely a rejection of theism, right? Well, you obviously haven't looked that hard at modern science if you are so sure there is no God. A more logical answer would be to be agnostic, since you are at best, not sure.

>I just found it all to be horse shit and there is no coming back from that realization.

What realization? That you don't know the origin of the universe anymore than anyone else, but you choose to have faith that there is no God, which according to your logic would be just as absurd as believing there is one, right?

Look past the religious dogma and just look for the truth, and you'll find that mankind really doesn't know that much relative to what there is to know.

Too bad. You could have won a Noble Prize with that research.

I can't see Africa right now, or user, therefore both do not exist. Remove yourself in a harmful manner

>HUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR
>DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That's the level of discourse that your kind of posts foster, you belligerent toad.

"I'm retarded, so everyone else must be, too"

It doesn't matter what I tell you, you will believe in god, because you want to.

Your thinking is not based on logic, therefore it's pointless to bring up arguments based on it.

this

You have no idea where the energy in the universe came from. You're placing your faith in an ideology just like the people you are trying to vilify and discredit.

That's unseemly.

Becuz Jesus is a hipster fag?

Just smoke DMT OP, see dieiteis yourself, and never be bothered by beta atheist faggots or religious faggots, because you would have seen in person how deep the rabbit hole goes.

"Prove to me"
Burden of proof... logical fallacy
but logic seeme not to be your strong point, huh faggot?

ITT knowitall name callers ur no better than a 5 year old mocking someone with an annoying voice

are you faggot? Maybe reddit is your place

Inb4 name calling, would be very surprised if someone could come up wit plausible answers

The fact that Africa exists proves there is no god.

What are you even talking about? Did you quote the wrong post? I never said "Prove to me" I made statements of fact, which hold true.

Again:
You have no idea where the energy in the universe came from. You're placing your faith in an ideology just like the people you are trying to vilify and discredit.

If you believe there is no God, then you must have some reason, right? Because the fact is that you don't know, and since you don't know, you should say you're agnostic, but instead you are choosing to say you believe there is no God.

What is that belief based on? Faith that there is no God? Well, how logical is that by your standards?

Called it, I'm so distraught by ur comment user it hurts so bad

An intelligent God would have never created a digestive system, or even a body for that matter.

Every single one of you is a fag.
can you prove that africa exist?
Yes.
Can you prove that energy exist?
Yes.
now someone prove that either god or the big bang exist/Did exist.
Also agnostics are the biggest fags bc they don't have balls to say what they think or belive.

This is not an argument against the possibility of Gods. What about Greek Gods, Hades? Gods can be evil.

This is the best argument IMO against Christianity. Christians will argue
>If the universe exists, then it must have had a creator
But they exclude Jesus from the prerequisite. Their premise would suggest that God had a creator, thus requiring more Gods. If you can exclude God from requiring a point of creation, why does the Universe require a "Y" to have created it? Akum's Razor.

Do you mean to say you feel a God's presence? Which God do you feel? Jesus Christ? Because if you were born in Egypt in 2100 BC you would feel the presence of Amum and several other ancient Egyptian dieties. If you were born in Iraq you might be singing praise to Allah. The only reason you believe in Jesus Christ is because you were born here, now.

Which god? There's literally thousands to choose from.
This question is trying to play on the concept that "The absence of evidence is not the same as the evidence of absence".
To this I say HORSE SHIT! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Also, of every mystery ever solved, god or magic has never been the answer. And there has never been a single case where something we thought initially had a natural explanation actually turned out to be the work of god.

I think what most of you "Atheists" fail to understand is that God is the unborn and unknowable. The Beginning and The End. He is not the words on paper or on your screen or irrational sermons by some cult leader. He exists beyond all of that.

What many of you have a hang up on is words and rhetoric by other humans who may have an entirely failing idea of God.

You are becoming enraged, angered, and annoyed by humans and their symbols, not by God, who is beyond human understanding. In much the same way that a starry night full of the depths and wonders on cosmic scales might seem like a black canvas pricked with light to some.

I belive you

>I think what most of you "Atheists" fail to understand is that God is the unborn and unknowable. The Beginning and The End. He is not the words on paper or on your screen or irrational sermons by some cult leader. He exists beyond all of that.
And yet you only believe that because of words in a book.

I'll accept your defeat.

You're no different than the fags from the Triggering who don't have to defend their arguments anymore. Just throw out catchphrases and buzzwords...won't work here

I'm tired of grown adults playing make believe.

Well, dude, if someone really feels that they don't know, what's wrong with saying they are agnostic? Isn't that a bit better than going into atheist-rage and claiming without a shadow of a doubt that God does not exist, when that is impossible to know? It seems entirely reasonable to say "I don't know" if someone really feels they don't.

So what you're saying is that God, the being who makes no mistakes and is perfection, made something that wasn't perfect?

The claim that there isn't a God is made by atheists. Buzzwords and catchphrases won't work here. You've admitted defeat that you can't prove he doesn't exist, thanks for that.

And yet if I go to bat with a Muslim the burden of proof is now on me to prove that he doesn't exist. I don't just get to sit on my lazy fat ass and poke holes in everything they are saying without lifting a finger to do any of the work.

You can't prove he isn't real, thank you for your admission of defeat. Good day

>And yet you only believe that because of words in a book.

You are entirely incorrect. I believe because of empirical observations and my understanding of modern science.

You're blinded by your ideology. I dare say there may even be some hatred there. You should look for the truth yourself, son.

k

it's obvious you are faggot OP
energy in the universe ≠deity

You believe in a deity: burden of proof is your problem.

and maybe define "energy of universe"

thats not how it works, you're supposed to be the one proving there is one

What kind of god would create niggers

I'm an apathiest. It's not that I don't believe in a god, I just don't care enough to believe or not. The question of the existence of gods is neither meaningful nor relevant to my life.

I can barely make sense of reality, who am I to say there is, or isn't a God?

I just prefer to not waste my time thinking about something so above my comprehension.

Ok, I'll bite. What 'empirical observations' and 'modern science' have lead you to believe this?

This, also I believe in God because if there is one I don't want to burn in hell and it's not that hard to just pray every once in a while

No, we don't. We accept on faith. Prove there isn't one, otherwise your atheism is just another form of faith.

the person who resorts to insults first has lost the argument.

Sorry bud, triggerwords and catchphrases won't work here. You can't prove shit, we accept your admission of defeat.

Prove that ghosts don't exist
Prove that unicorns don't exist
Prove that leprachauns don't exist
Prove that gremlins don't exist
Prove that the skies arent full of invisable pizza floating around everywhere

You can't go around asking people to prove that every possibility of everything doesn't exist. Maybe I'm not atheist because certainly I accept that I cannot prove that the skies arent full of invisible pizza that cannot be sensed or smelt or felt or eaten, although I consider it to be absurd that anyone would believe that. Although if you believe that isn't the case, then I ask you to prove it to me. OTHERWISE, YOU LOSE! I ACCEPT YOUR DEFEAT. You cannot prove the pizzas arent in the sky, therefore you must accept that it is possible.

That's what religion feels like to me, and people trying to argue that gods may exist.

>There is a God
Prove it
>The events in my holy book
So now we reach the real request, "prove my holy book is lying"

OP, please state your holy book(s) of choice so that we may begin dismantling them and disprove each part of the book that claims divine intervention or existence is at fault.

I don't think you fucking get it, bro. Your field of view is entirely tunnel visioned on rejecting Baptist Protestant Christianity. Wake the fuck up man, there is a world of religious thought. Some with wildly different opinions on the nature of their gods.

Some people who believe in God, see past all the dogma and rhetoric and look for answers to major questions without being fed a pile of shit from someone claiming to know one way or the other.

OP can't handle logic, but want to discuss "logically"

Still fags.
Let me explain.
John thinks that god exist, and that is ok.
victor thinks that god Doesn't exist, and that is ok.
if john and victor shut the fuck up about that they belive the world wouldn't give a single fuck about it.
Kim doesn't know if there is a god, and doesn't care. That would be acceptable.
But if kim claims that she is right about not knowing, she is way worse than edgy faggots because she is not even trying.
This guy is a fine example of "I don't give a fuck" that is ok.

That's not how this works. It is the responsibility of the theists to prove there is one.

You can claim that there is a planet of purple horned dragons a billion miles away. It isn't my responsibility to prove that claim is not trure.

osama bin laden is the only true god

once again, insults=admission of defeat.

thanks and good day

I'm not OP, and your logic or reading comprehension seems to fail you.

The enrgy of the universe is just that. All the energy in the universe. Some of it condensed into matter in its many different states, some extremely energetic as electromagnetic radiation. An entire spectrum of spectrum of energy all over. Are you blind or just closing your eyes to the truth?

you believe that there isn't one. you won't say it, but that's what you believe. you likewise cannot prove anything more than OP. You lose friend.

this

you faggots right now
youtube.com/watch?v=ooDcstIm6Qc

This is the only valid belief one can have

there's nothing wrong with not having answers but it's important to side with the most logical side that has the best points so accusing people of burden of proof is just dragging the argument down and we're not gonna get anywhere

fag op: no arguments and overchallenged with logic-> defeat... nigger

The bible is in fact a more reliable document than atheists tend to believe. You cannot discredit it when so much is already widely agreed upon by historians. sorry fella.

No. We accept it on faith. That's what faith is. Because there's philosophical substance to the notion of an intelligent creator. Pizza in the sky is absurd.

We're not saying you have to believe with us. We're saying, "Prove that I shouldn't believe."

In current climate of scientific discovery we know so little about our universe and what created it that there is no absolute proof that discredits or credits belief in a God. However with the sheer amount of different conceptions of God the statistical probablitablity of you workshipping the "right" God be it Abramic, Simulation, Aliens, every religion every invented, is ludicrous!

I rule out most traditional religions due to lack of evidence like Islam, Christianity, etc. But I don't discount the existence of a being who is a "God" to us. I just haven't seen any evidence or proof of one existing yet, until I do I can't believe in it well that'd be foolish.

Still waiting.

I'll give you a summary, since it's beyond the scope of this thread

>empirical observations
All the coherence and order in the universe. Life itself, and the evolution of the species.

>modern science
Modern science has no rational explanation for where all the energy in the universe came from. It's just as valid and makes more sense to me that there is a greater system beyond our conceivable (conceivable instead of observable, because we already know there is much beyond what we observe) universe, which some may call God.

I'm not preaching the rhetoric of any specific religion. As a religious scholar, I've synthesized the religious beliefs of dozens of contemporary and historical religions and taken what I see as the wheat and separated it from the chaff. I've done the same with our understanding of science and the material world.

I'm legitimately looking for the truth, unlike most of the people who are simply trying to validate some previously held internalized conviction based on blind rhetoric. Stand up and wake up and look for yourself. If you really do, you'll be happy that you did.