I have a question for Atheists...

I have a question for Atheists. How can you believe with 100% certainty that there is no God when there is no proof that he does not exist? That doesn't seem like a very logical, open minded and scientific way to view the world. It seems more like your beliefs are being dictated by your emotions and not on facts

Because of rape

Because the night belongs to lovers

i still wanna fuck u :)

Because muslims believe god is on their side, and look at the middle east, they get white phosphorus and bombs up their ass.

I'm only here to masturbate

They don't use their creative side of the brain, they use the analytical side of the brain duh. They have an answer to everything.

>There is no proof he does not exist
The first problem isn't getting proof, it's defining God. I think there is a great deal of evidence showing that God, when defined a certain way, doesn't exist. For instance, if you believe in a bearded man who lives in the clouds, I have sour news for you.

Since you're asking the question, I think that the task of defining God lands on you.

God is irrelevant an intervening god is a logical impossibility.

Why do I respond to this?

I agree with this fag. God, as described by Christians, simply is not possible. However, while I am a full blown atheist, do understand that there is a force beyond our comprehention at this time. At one point in time, we thought that certain beings controlled lightning. Now we know with did initiate proof that its is a electric charge. So only time shall tell what that force is.

Also nice trips

Bitch looks like Mickey Rourke.

What Atheism really is is just a lack of belief. Part of it is fully acknowledging you could be wrong and that you must change your opinions given new facts/evidence.

There is a hardcore sect of Atheism that specially believes there IS NOTHING but us and the ground beneath our feet, which is as ignorant and close-minded as any religious person can be.

I don't see God or the idea of any diety ever being irrelevant. Sure, laymans have been using God/religion to examine the basic functions of the world for decades, but theologians have been using religion as a base for exploring everything from the natural workings of the earth to complex human emotions for centuries. And the more we learn about our world and universe, the more questions we can ask. It gives us another path of reasoning with which to explore the questions "Why?" or "How?"

The idea of a God is more complex than just a way to try and explain that which is. God isn't an explanation but is rather the start of the question.

God existing is just as likely winning the lottery without having a ticket. And the reason atheists are not praying to god is the same reason why you haven't quit your job because you believe that you'll win the lottery tomorrow without even having a ticket.

When we do discover god, it won't be a sky daddy that cares if we eat pork, attend a special building at a certain time, or if we maim and kill each others children and rape the bodies.

Sure the possibility of a prime mover is real, but that god really doesn't give a shit for what we do. Ergo, is largely irrelevant.

That's not how atheism works generally. It's a lack of beleif, not beleif in the non-existance. We don't believe in God because we have not been given any concrete reason to beleive. Nor have we been given a concrete reason to beleive there is no higher power. However there are reasons to believe a deity such as the one described by Christianity does not exist.

Checkmate for Allah the most merciful.

being atheist means you believe in things based on facts and evidence. there is no evidence proving there is a god and a good amount evidence proving that the gods people believe in dont exist. with that being said, if there was evidence of a god existing, then it would make sense for an atheist to believe in that god

>Evolution existing is just as likely winning the lottery without having a ticket
fixd

Because the burden of evidence lies on those that make claims. It isn't that atheists saying God does not exist is the original claim, it's a response to the idea that God does exist brought about by religions.

People making the claim have to show evidence first, you don't have to prove something doesn't exist if there's no proof it does.

And of course I know this is a stale pasta troll thread, but I'm bored at work and somebody will probably get rustled by my response, so that's fine too. ;^)

God isnt a clock maker that wound up a spring and let go. I agree that any entity powerful enough to set the motions of a universe that supports life wouldn't give two shits about our eating habits. But this being, having this power, would likely be able to observe it's creation and thus be able observe the results of our lives. Maybe not directly but by how our choices ripple and adjust that which it has created. Also, it would likely excite at positive impacts to the design and lament at negative ones, thus being a passive judge of the sum of our life's choices.

The belief in God, and spiritual experiences themselves, are a part of being human. We've found evidence of it in the brain. That means people didn't just go around making a claim without proof. People had experiences and tried to reconcile them. Thus, the burden of proof lies on those who don't believe in God, just as much as it lies on those who do.

>he wouldn't know each outcome
The god you described is not omniscient and thus not a god.

I have zero incentive to appeal, or acknowledge a childlike god who is watching us like in an ant farm and doesn't know what we're going to do. It is distinctly improbable that our universe works in this way. The god you described would frequently violate phenomena, as we understand them to work, for his own amusement and there is no evidence of this.

>can't intervene directly
>but we should adhere to some design we think he would have intended?

For all we know that god could have wanted us to raise the planet and nuke each other.

Again, can't observe direcly, or interfere, why would we infer that this creature was any more a god than the sum of natural forces we can observe?

>How can you believe with 100% certainty that there is no God

Virtually no Atheists believe that. No one knows anything empirical to 100% metaphysical certitude. The entire post is a straw man.

look guys! its this thread again!