This has probably been asked a thousand times...

this has probably been asked a thousand times, but i'm kinda new specifically to this board so I have to ask - what's Sup Forumss opinion on Gorillaz?

Demon Days was their only good album.

some people will say they're shit, some will say they're good. ive never seen a thread on here where most people agree on one.
i generally like them but i haven't REALLY listend to them in years. i think pic related is great, and their best work

Can't speak for the whole board, but remarkably it's been something like "Entry level but generally really good, we like Plastic Beach and the effort as a whole around here" from what I've seen.

There's worse and there's better.

I really like the production and all the weird sounds they use

garbage

del was the only good part about gorillas and hes a million times better on his own

Pretty good, Demon Days is the best and Plastic Beach is pretty good too
Excited for their new album

Very good. I always liked how much variation there was within albums. You couldn't really pin them down to a single genre.

people don't like to talk about them because they're such a reddit tier band. Despite being kind of a pleb band, a lot of people seem to like their work, especially Demon Days. They're kind of a band that people don't hate, but are so entry level that there isn't much discussion to be had.

Explain though, what exactly makes them reddit-tier?
Or anything really? I've seen equivalent echo-chamber circlejerks for lots of what we call Sup Forums-core there, too.

this is why i hate when people describe music on here as "reddit tier" . it means almost nothing

>reddit-tier

hurr its popular so I hate it.

self titled is underrated on this board

Garbage
None of their shitty albums are underrated

>i'm kinda new specifically to this board
>I have to ask - what's Sup Forumss opinion on Gorillaz?
pick two and always two

Jk they are a good band, people who call them reddit-tier have self-esteem issues or something

you sound like an unhappy person

don't get lost in heaven and demon days are the best 7 minutes of music you could listen to.

I'd rather be an unhappy person than a retarded happy manchild who enjoys this overhyped garbage

Sup Forums

No, I don't represent mu's opinion.
Sup Forums is full of underages like you

grow up

Demon Days is a perfect album IMO, i can listen to it front to back without any complaint, it has a lot of diversity and really something for everyone and i think it flows quite well. Their first album has a few gems (tomorrow comes today, gravity to latin simone on the album is amazing, m1a1 if you are in the mood, and suzuki method even though its bonus) Plastic beach was sort of meh, stylo, empire ants, meloncholy hill, to binge are the only ones to note. Very similar to his solo album i think
Curious to see where the new album will go.

You say so? May give him a look, need some more rap. As it turns out you can't live off only mf doom

if u're kinda new run away asap

agreed
Latin Simone is fucking unreal, i jam out to that

Fucking RIGHT If i need a pick me up on the bus, putting on demon days is amazing.

They invited Sir M.E.S. to talk over one of their tracks and he went and actually did it, so they are good in my book.

Its been a sucess for them but I'm pretty down on the project, I think it's an aberration, a waste of a good comic

I dislike them and am baffled as to why they're so popular.

The musics not that bad really, a bit naff, I dunno. I suppose it's popular as it was a beano for all the usual suspects

tGtBatQ was a much better Damon project

The whole concept and ethos of the group is great. There's nothing else quite like them.

I like their music, especially Plastic Beach, but it seems to me that they are everyone's first band. I love Damon Albarn but I like Blur and tGtBatQ better than Gorillaz.

hey, I was on that thread

I was one of a handful anons posting American Idiot

Actually preferring demon days over their other albums, basic cuck alert

I can>t meme arrows on
>le chans

actually liking gorillaz, basic cuck alert