Thoughts on this band? Bonus if you're Australian

Thoughts on this band? Bonus if you're Australian

For their population/resources australia is probably the most under-preforming country in the world music wise.

Let me just check rym before I make my opinion

this. the only popular Australian bands are shitty metalcore ones

Yep, it pains me to say this

they're overrated as hell and this is coming from an Australian

ausfag here, triple j rides them hard even though they're average at best

this

I have seen a few posters in the past year advertising a member or 2 doing Dj sets of ther music in shitty clubs.. Lol hacks.

friendly reminder that california has a larger population that the entirety of Australia
I'd say Australias musical contributions is equivalent to Californias so nah fuck off

Decent for what they are, but they are hell overrated in Australia and their fans are cringey as shit

theyre ok. i saw then play at laneway festival in sydney a couple of years ago i think.

All the good stuff is underground, if I mentioned some good Australian acts like Drowning Horse, Ausmuteants, Nun or Manglewurzel most people, even Australians, wouldn't know who the hell they were

Violent Soho are fucking garbage btw

re-recorded self titled is hands down their best album, there are some bangers on there. They were edging on that heavy "grunge" sound but instead of getting any heavier they decided to listen to too much pixies and decided to rip them off for the next album

then decided to rip off title fight for waco

good job guys.

saw them on their recent tour with meatwave though. they were good but meatwave blew them away, the locals called bummer blew both of them out of the water hands down lel

this band is trash

>tfw best band to come out of australia is still ROBOTOSAURUS.

pic related

This, Melbourne is the only Australian city with a genuinely good music scene

>Cog
>The Butterfly Effect
>Carnivool
>Mammal
>Melosyssey

>Ne Obliviscaris
>Belakor
I'm sure I'm forgetting more. Aus is OK musically in my books

I'd say the Perth scene is also decent, still the best show I've seen all year was a Drowning Horse house show, great drone metal band, and Perth electronic labels like Good Company have released some great stuff

King Gizzard, Tame Impala, Pond, Gum, The Drones etc.

I can tell even you don't agree with this statement lmao.

>I'd say Australias musical contributions is equivalent to Californias
Yeah nah...
i;m australian btw ;33

the list goes on

whyd you list all the shit aus bands

(K)arnivool is literally a meme

As an Australian i can testify to this. I listen to electronic music mainly (no rock) so i don't see the whole side of the story though. There were some great experimental, ambient and trance artists from Australia in the 90s but if you compare Australia's output of decent electronic music to almost any other first world country, the amount is meager.

Fuck this place, its devoid of any fucking talent. Has there been a single legitimate Australian contribution to any form of art? I fucking doubt it.

List good ones then you tally-wacker