youtube.com/watch?v=fYQeWwtPiU8&index=4&list=PLQymSjiNOgASChfsbwToPArOleba62Xt9
youtube.com/watch?v=HzFm2rEukrw
clyp.it/0pzzccks
clyp.it/43z1yant
youtube.com/watch?v=2j2PuNwQTr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

8-string guitar owners are some of the worst people I've ever seen

that one has 9 tho

Is that a guitar with more low strings or a bass with more high strings?

Yes.

>this triggers the djentfag

bass guitar with unnecessary 4 strings

y not both.mexican street urchin

ok so my guitar has a HSH setup with a 5-way switch

i want to replace the stock passive humbuckers with EMG 81 and EMG 60, now, seeing as they can't be coil-split, will i essentially be left with a useless single-coil in the middle? assuming a 3-way switch that switches between bridge humbucker, neck and both. is that how a 3way would work in this configuration? will i ever actually use neck+bridge at the same time, how does that sound?

other option is a 3way that just switches between neck, middle and bridge?

You'd have to tear out the middle pickup anyway. Active and passive pickups don't mix well.

>Active and passive pickups don't mix well.
of course, i mean i'd get an active pickup in the middle if there was sensible configuration with it

wish I had the cash to blow on a few meme instruments

banjos, sitars and steel lap guitars look fun

They do an 81 that's coil-splittable, but the only other one they have is based on the 85.

Rate guitar tone
also
How to reduce this ~5Hhz harshness
Its a SM57 copy by the way

a.clyp.it/xfxngigu.mp3

riffs played are
You Shook Me All Night Long & solo
Back In Black & solo
Riff Raff
Noodling
High Voltage
Overdose
If You Want Blood
Four Day Creep
Bring It On Home
Heartbreaker
Makin' Love & solo
Rock Bottom & solo

Are there plug ins that can help reduce this noise? I assume it's coming from your amp, should look into grounding your stuff etc.

I know of the audacity's one, it doesnt affect *much* the guitar tone
Yes its from the guitar amp, i'm yet to find the willpower to do the grounding

But yeah, for not such a gainy tone (and you're using humbuckers, right?) that's a ridiculous amount of noise.

I know I get quite a bit of noise from my cheap Les Paul if I have it facing one part of my room, maybe the noise is coming from that too? Pay attention of all the x, y, and z axes your guitar is positioned in. I know my guitar gets no noise if I position it in a very specific position.

The guitar is decent and is shielded, problem is energy
Sometimes it gets quiet sometimes its disgracely noisey
When it gets that bad it barely changes from moving around the room or grounding it with bare feet

Fooking hell, /gg/

I kinda want a baritone now after watching this
youtube.com/watch?v=xRGmF37qvIg

I need that growling sound in my life

With that short of a scale... why not just get a standard guitar, put some high gauge strings on it, and tune it down to B? You'd get 95% of the same tone.

But good god that DFA riff with that tone sounds wonderful.

should i buy guitar

yes

ok

no

never

ok

That riffraff intro is mean as fuck

Anyone know how to improve vibrato during bends? Or just vibrato in general? My fingers are really short so I can't do the blues full grip thing and vibrato with my wrist :( anyone else dealing with the same problem? Thanks :)

lift the thumb

My hands too are small and i can do it

I too have small hands and i can do it well.
I say you practice your hand positioning a lot until you get it good.
DO the blues grip, thumb over the neck and bend with your wrist. If you can bend like that, vibrato isnt a much different muscle movement.

Theres videos of lessons by many famous blues & rock guitarists talking about vibrato.
Learn from what they say and what you see.

youtube.com/watch?v=lU69GIDbBmE&list=PLQymSjiNOgASChfsbwToPArOleba62Xt9&index=1

youtube.com/watch?v=fYQeWwtPiU8&index=4&list=PLQymSjiNOgASChfsbwToPArOleba62Xt9

youtube.com/watch?v=HzFm2rEukrw

Also fingers have to be strong, i suggest practicing bending with no support fingers.

How is my blues playing & technique going

clyp.it/0pzzccks
clyp.it/43z1yant

Foams not the way to go. Use a mic stand, gc sells a crappy low profile one for under $20, you can probably gind one cheaper online.

Its honestly probably a lot in mic placement, i tend to not like off setting the cone for rhythm guitar cause to me it sounds boxy, not pointing at the center(like pointing to the cone slightly off center), angled or straight, tends to spind a little harsh to me because youre losing definition of the notes, leads but work well, but i dont like it for chords. Your leads sounded phenomenal.

As for processing it out you could probably eq some of the bite. Take a high pass filter to about 120hz, maybe slight boost some where above that to het some definition back in the notes, then slight cuts near the end of the spectrum to get some of the bite out. An eq can only do so much, and you lose some of the life of the guitar. My favorite noise reduction is Izotope denoiser, which is cracked. If youre using audacity i dont know if itll work though. I use fl studio, you can create drum tracks inside of it with ease, along with several other instruments. The best part about nicer daws is you can make non permanent edits to tracks on the fly. In audacity you have to process sound while not listening to it, basically guessing, and its hard to get back(if not impossible) to the original unedited audio.

Personally, what id do.
Get a better daw(plenty are cracked)
Get a mic stand
Use a different mic placement for leads and rhythms, like i said your leads sound great.
Use headphones while playing and adjusting the mic to a spot that sounds good(pita, you could also feed a clean guitar signal into the amp while you mess with the mic)
Use less gain on rhythm parts.
Low pass filter, eq from there only kf necessary
Light compression
Denoiser if necessary

After reading anons post i mimed it with my hand to see how i do it, i do this. I have huge hands though.

Might have to get a transistor combo for a upcoming gig
Is the Yamaha G100 worth 200 bucks? Or should I just get one of those Fender Frontman amps?
Lots of pedals (including fuzz/distortion), so headroom and clean tone matter most to me

>it's another shitposting hue

Did his 5Hhz harshness harsh your mellows?

you have to be pretty new to not know how this is going to end

"Yes"

>5 responses
>1 shit post
And it's yours. Here's your (you)

Why a question about mic placement is shitposting?

Because it's still an extended scale and the pickups are specially designed with baritone frequencies in mind. You can't do what you said and still get the same result.

Your tone is pretty good user, so is your playing.

But you really need better music taste, stop playing all that gay ass dadrock.

learn classical technique
or get a 9.5" radius guitar

Thread was dead last thanksgiving too.

>clyp.it/43z1yant
I liked the texas flood.

>work for american company
>they don't give us thanksgiving off

fug

Are you in the service industry?

I learned a new thing today /gg/! I decided to try out flatwounds on my bass for a change of pace and had a horrible time on the string install. Bass didn't want to intonate. Had to move saddles waaaay the fuck back to get it right, and ran out of room on the E string. Off to google i went to see what in the hell. It turns out with flats you often need to bend the strings over the bridge saddles pretty hard to get a nice clean point of contact. Without doing this, the string will sort of arc over the bridge saddle and give all kinds of intonation problems.

This contact point is called a witness point. So i did bending as instructed and problem solved. Moved bridge saddles part of the way back to their original position and we're all fine and dandy now.

Thank you for reading my blog and here is a doggo. American made premium doggo. Lovely tone, fun to play with.

I want that

Anybody else get bored listening to songs you know how to play? I learned every song on this album and now I can't even listen to it. I think it has something to do with knowing every section of the songs inside and out so that you always know whats next.

sometimes i wish i never learned certain songs desu

No, I work at a factory in Mexico. Company is American.

Some give American holidays off, some are run by jews. Sup Forums was right again.

I've never had this problem but I've only ever used flatwounds once so...

thx for that, i wanna get some flats for that 60s motown/beatles/carol kaye pet sounds tone, and thats good to know. i just cant decide which of my basses i wanna remove the roundwounds and stick flats on. also whats a good roundwound bass string thats like the rotosounds swing bass 66 but that stays "fresh" for more than 2 weeks?

Ibanez SR300 or Yamaha TRBX204?
I have a hard time choosing.

I want to decide which tremolo to get. i narrowed it down to this two.

Equilibrium DLX tremolo.
price: 240$ + Shipping
Adventages over Vertigo Tremolo:
- Has a wet/dry mix knob and tap-tempo without having an iphone
- It has a Vibrato mode which is useful to me
- According to the demos i have heard, the harmonic tremolo of this pedal sounds significantly better than the one of the vertigo tremolo (note: not the same gear was used for the demos)

Vertigo tremolo.
Price: 149$ + Shipping
Adventages over Equilibrium tremolo:
- Cheaper
- If you connect it to an iphone and use a special app, you get 17 different tremolo types, a four band EQ, wet/dry mix, tap tempo, range of the knobs and various stereo/mono options
- Accepts midi

Note to consider: i currently do not own an iphone

I used the DR Legend flats for no reason other than they were on sale. They seem nice.

Id take the vertigo because midi but thats just me.

It accepts midi just as a tempo-clock though from what i've seen at the demo... and then you can use the speed knob for subdivisions.

I have not seen it using midi for rhythmic tremolo purposes, but one of the tremolo modes you get with the iphone has a differnet rhythm to it

has anyone used rocksmith? is it as good as it's purported to be for learning?

That's why I often wait a few days before doing the setup when I restring. Put them on, stretch, tune then let them settle and repeat a few times. Never had to bend flats manually though

Iktf
>stays fresh
Try SIT or D'Addario
Or wipe your strings after you play
They're made in the same place. Get whatever.
Don't get an iPhone. Ever. So get the Equilibrium.
It's a teaching supplement, not a replacement. I think it's shit. Save and get a teacher, or get online lessons.

It's just a game you play along with. It would never be like having lessons. Even a good book would be better.

Why shouldn't i get an iphone?
My phone was lost some time ago so it's not a bad time to get a new phone, though i don't really have many people to make calls to at the moment

Because they're objectively worse than Android phones in specs, features, and support. Unless there are just some apps that they don't make for Android that you absolutely need, there is no reason to get an iPhone.

reminder to ignore, hide and report crazyaga posts

Oh when i said "iphone" i was talking about the new generation of mobile phones which are pocket computers basically.

I just never had one so i just call all of them iphones out of habit. the app does work on Android

He's being fine for now; it's ok.
Be careful doing that.
Yeah get an Android phone. I recommend buying an older used Samsung Galaxy flagship, like an S4 or a Note 4. You'll save a ton of money and still get very good performance that's competitive to today's standards.

Alexander makes some great stuff and the iPhone stuff seems like it could easily turn into a hassle (granted I love the TC toneprint stuff so it depends on you I guess) but I know Source Audio is quality for the price as well. How does the tap work on the Source Audio?
Sup Forumsfag here, iPhones ARE worse in spec than Android, but stock Android is unoptimized as shit so unless you are willing to put in the time to customize it then you might as well go iPhone. Android is much more powerful as well because it isn't run by Nazi's that are catering to the lowest common denominator.

>How does the tap work on the Source Audio?
You tap on the phone in the tap tempo that comes with the app

It's not that hard to flash custom ROMs and shit, or even get debloaters and other options.

Does anyone know of a tremolo that does speed ramping that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
Ehhh yeah that would put me off. I'm no ludite but having it at your feet is far more convenient, especially if you plan on playing live.
Yeah that's why I said stock.

Well you can also plug an extrenal tap tempo to the vertigo tremolo, but that's one more pedal just for tap tempo of another pedal...

Need a better tone.

I've been looking for a Carbon Copy for a while, but none are being sold right now. Could I get Gilmour-ish / post-rock like stuff out of an Aqua Puss? because theres one on sale

I Can't play a banjo for shit.
I want to learn to play mandolin in the future though. Ukulele too

Yeah any analog/tape delay would sound really good, but keep in mind that the Aqua Puss self-oscillates at low delay times. Try it before you buy it. I'm and I play a lot of ambient/post rock based stuff and honestly the flashback's Echoplex and Space Echo emulation sound pretty good if you need something relatively cheap.

Why does my middle position sound almost identical to my bridge?

Why does my middle position sound almost identical to my neck?

They go for about 100 bucks or less around here and shipping is dirt cheap, just gotta wait until one shows up for sale and actually be able to grab it before someone else does, good shit at decent prices sells extremely fast. Such is life in a country where new gear is overpriced and shipping from outside costs too much.

>tfw too poor for Matins

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD FLATS FOR BASS?
FUCKING ROUNDS ALWAYS SMELL LIKE SHIT AFTER TWO WEEKS
UNTUNES ITSELF BY HALF A STEP AFTER 10 MINS
METAL FLAKING OFF AND GIVING ME METAL SPLINTERS

And Happy Thanksgiving guys.

they detune after 10 minute because they are stretching you noob

stop buying gutter strings and that other shit will stop hapening

When the fuck do strings stretch after weeks of having them? They become too loose actually.

>METAL FLAKING OFF AND GIVING ME METAL SPLINTERS
Either you're playing with an angle grinder or these are the shittiest strings on earth.
>good flats
Try la bella

what kind of shitty strings are you buying lad?

>they detune after 10 minute because they are stretching you noob

>When the fuck do strings stretch after weeks of having them?

Why do I even bother coming to Sup Forums

/r/guitar may have bloos bois but at least they don't have people who can't read and spam anime and offsets

Rotosound keeps doing this to me. They sound great but that metal oxidizing smell starts lingering after a month and my fret hand looks like I finger blasted the tin man. Have GHS Boomers atm but they're starting to smell and its been 3 months. YES I wash my hands before and after playing. Seriously thinking of going back to Ernie Balls never had this problem with them but they sound like ass.

try d'addarios, they do more than ernie balls, and cost less.

i p much swear by d'addarios, but i have tried elixir and they're good too.
been using ghs for a long time on some guitars and those are alright too
still prefer d'addarios tho

>i p much swear by d'addarios
me too
i've yet to find strings brighter than prosteels

Mr. Black has a sale where you can get any pedal for a hundred bucks with the promo code WHATEVER if you are into that kind of stuff.

The G100 is amazing. My bandmate had one for years. The only SS amps I prefer are Lab Series and JCs

I am too actually, it was my grandmother's and it and the guild were given to me when she died.

I'd worry more about tuning your guitar first.

>When I pick up a guitar tuned to E

Whats /gg/ opinion on Paul Kossoffs playing

youtube.com/watch?v=2j2PuNwQTr8

I've used Rotosounds for 8 years and have never had this happen wtf.