This is the only hip hop album that doesn't want to make me stab myself in the ear

this is the only hip hop album that doesn't want to make me stab myself in the ear

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Th0V-fxo9CE
youtube.com/watch?v=y-JmZ9ADhYg
youtube.com/watch?v=ayfv0SOjvRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Then you must not have listened to a lot of hip hop albums

For me, this is actually one of the few that does.

no I've grown out of hip hop and this is the only one I can still stand

Best songs on that album that aren't G Thang and Dre Day?

List 5 artists you used to like before growing out of it

>doom/madvillain
>nwa
>biggie
>eric b & rakim
>dre

>all entry lvl

>hip hop
>good

wewlad

It's not that I hate those artists, but they are all entry level as fuck, I don't think you explored the genre enough to actually 'grow out of it' - it's more that you listened to the most popular records, and some were overrated and some you just didn't get.

no I dislike the whole sound of it. it's anti-music

>google results for top 5 hip hop artists

wow nice effort

it's also the only one you've listened to after having stabbed yourself in the ear

>le entry-level argument
does not work with hip hop
with hip hop the cream is usually at the top since it's been a mainstream music for decades now

yeah some experimental acts never got that popular but practically all of underground is just shit artists ripping off the GOATs

t. explored hip hop enough to know it does not get better

>with hip hop the cream is usually at the top since it's been a mainstream music for decades now

What kind of fucked logic is that? Get the fuck out

>le ancient hip hop sux meme

It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back exists. Your point is invalid.

I'd argue that since Hip Hop is only 30/35 years old, the well of quality releases isn't very deep.
There's definitely a wealth of quality hip hop under the Top Ten but for every good album there's probably 10 or 15 shit ones.

It works very well with hip hop, exactly because the genre is so focused on popular culture and media. This genre has established itself a holy canon which is based on persona and style as much as it is on the music. It's not that Biggie is bad, but there were tons of rappers in the same place and time who were just as good. It's okay to like each of the artists you mentioned, but if your list consists exclusively of the most famous artists I don't believe you have actually explored hip hop beyond surface level.

I don't get why people like this album, really. Sure the beats are great but lyric-wise it's all

>yall deathrow in the house loc
>fuck eazy e
>did I mention how much I hate eazy e? oh by the day muh deathrow

this is bait

Have you listened to any other hip hop at all? I'm not even talking about hidden gems, I'm talking mainstream. Good kid, M.A.A.D City has the same west coast sound and has lyrics that aren't FUCK EAZY E

Here have some good hip hop

hip hop is fucking shit, face it

>le angsty black man vocals
>le punchy drum beat
>le no melodies

fedora tier """"""""""""music""""""""""""

>No Melodies
youtube.com/watch?v=Th0V-fxo9CE
youtube.com/watch?v=y-JmZ9ADhYg
youtube.com/watch?v=ayfv0SOjvRs

>clutching at straws

but that's just one sort of hip hop. Hip Hop is by definition the most diverse genre alive today and it's constantly growing in hundreds of different directions, that makes it so interesting.

there are also billions of diverse shits done everyday. doesn't make it interesting

You sound like my grandpa
He is stuck in the 60s

>Sup Forums male elder family member issues

like clockwork

Aw man, why when The Chronic's actually brought up here, it's in a shitpost?
Let Me Ride, Deeez Nuuuts, Lil' Ghetto Boy, Lyrical Gangbang, Bitches Ain't Shit

you pleb, that is literally interesting.

Listen to Del and Anticon

then shove your words up your ass

Obviously The Day The Niggaz Took Over
That song blows my fucking mind every time

>The beats are great
There's your answer, that, and the charismatic, aggressive and condescending delivery of all the MC's
>Lyric-wise it's all
I would agree, but Let Me Ride, The Day The Niggaz Took Over, most of Nuthin but a G Thang, Deeez Nuuuts, and Lil' Ghetto Boy exist

I GOT MY FINGER ON THE TRIGGER
SOME NIGGAS WONDER WHY

I prefer pic related more
This song is one of the reasons

deeeeeez nuuuuuts