Why don't we ever talk about the Kinks?

They are inarguably when of the greatest bands of all time, and I can't think of many other artists who were as consistent as they were over as much time as they were around (24 albums over 33 years, only 3 of which I would say are bad), yet I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned here.
What's your opinion of them?

Underrated for sure

Are the Kinks as well known in America as they are in Britain? I'm curious because at the height of the British Invasion they were banned from performing there for four years and I wonder if this had an impact on how well known they are in America.

We do, you're just not paying attention.

I'd say no simply because they're bound to be better known by their compatriots. But the Kinks are well known worldwide.

The Kinks are well known and beloved stateside. From 1964-66 all the big hits got played even the stuff you wouldn't think would get played like A Well Respected Man. After 67 they developed more of a cult following since they didn't go all psychedelic like the other bands. Only die hard fans know about albums like Village Green Preservation Society or Arthur but everybody knows You Really Got Me and All The Day and All of The Night.(And Lola even got some airplay in certain U.S. markets in spite of and despite it's controversy)

pic related is probably my favourite kinks album

Controversial opinion:
The kinks are as good as the beatles.

But that's true

That's not true, the Kinks are better than the Beatles

The Beatles have monster singles power but The Kinks albums or overall better.

Kinks were banned from touring in the US and became almost unknown here after 1966.

Controversial opinion:
Both are mediocre.

>We
Fuck you and your hivemind bullshit.
>>/reddit/

nobody on mu likes the objectively good.
the kinks are great and along with ELO they were secretly ripped off by pretty much everyone.

>not village green

>when of the greatest bands of all time

So you listened to all of the Kinks album? I only know Something Else, Village Green and Arthur. Aside from Face to Face and Muswell (I'm gonna check them out soon) what are other albums that you would recommend?

god save strawberry jam

Ray Davies > Brian Wilson > McCartney = Lennon

Their other best ones are Face to Face, Lola and Muswell Hillbillies. Most of them are good or better though, even their eighties ones.

>budget beatles

>implying that the beatles aren't the kut-price kinks