Show me an album with better production

Show me an album with better production.
>protip: you can't

Idk Currents has fantastic production.
And I could say any Autechre album from Tri Repetae - present but that would be cheating

>but that would be cheating
Why? I'm honestly curious

Literally every album except that one.

>Steely Dan
>Flylo

the production and the mixing are so fucking good it makes me wanna cry
listening to it on expensive headphones was an amazing experience
now the music on the other hand...

Any album Brian Eno's ever produced.

cringe

Personally, my least favorite from Daft. Went to funk Motown for my tastes.

>tfw this album sucked ass but it will be redeemed in alive 2017 next year+
who else /hype/ here?

That was easy

I don't really like the album that much aside from Doin' It Right, but yeah, the production is god-tier. Radiohead from OK Computer on is at least tied though, if not very slightly better because their mixes are more complex.

There are a few other arguably better, but not by much albums out there, like Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless, Sigur Ros' Agaetis Byrjun, and Burial's Untrue

FlyLo has a problem with crowded mixes. It's gotten better over the years, and it works pretty well with his style, but as much as I love FlyLo, his engineering is a weak point.

me I'm very /hype/

vinyl wasn't as good as I hoped
best vinyl production from a contemporary band is pic related

It's pristine, crystal clear IDM.
When someone says "albums with great production", no one really says electronic albums. I just feel like that's not at all what they mean when they say that, I don't know

Could you imagine of they didn't do Alive 2017? Just because "fuck it, they don't want to"? Or that that's just what people are expecting them to do, so they don't do it?
They would be pissing off an unreal amount of people.

All albums in the 21st century are either overproduced or deliberately underproduced. Sgt. Pepper remains the pinnacle of music production.

dark side of the moon or Irobot

He fell for the "Sgt. Pepper's had good production" meme
it's just overproducded circus music
pic related is the pinnacle of production

In relative terms you can argue that Sgt. Pepper's has the best engineering of all time if you're talking about what was accomplished with what was available. There's been so much progress since then though that Sgt. Pepper's has been outclassed time and time again, even in objective aspects like frequency response. Recordings today are simply better on a technical scale.

Still, it was an incredibly impressive feat, and way more than saying it's overproduced circus music, but you're equally wrong to say that all albums in the 21st century are either overproduced or deliberately underproduced. I mean, have you heard Random Access Memories? The engineering, production, and mixing is astoundingly clear and balanced. It's easy to overproduced albums now that digital resources are so easy to access, but that doesn't mean that we're now incapable of releasing expertly produced albums.

treble is rolled off too much. supposed to mimic """"vintage"""" sound but I don't like it. high-hats and cymbals aren't sharp enough.

>t. sound quality autist

No contest