When did it all go so wrong, Sup Forums?

When did it all go so wrong, Sup Forums?

Rare

This is all on the eternal anglo, they're the reason Iberia never fully united blue Peru

When Sebastian D'Aviz died in battle with no male hier.

That's where it began.

Follow that up with portugal getting eaten up by spain because he only other guy to claim the throne was kind of shit.

Follow that up with spain refusing to stop the dutch from attack portuguese colonies.

Follow that up with dismantling portugals army and navy and replacing our court with a spainish court.

But it's all a build up for fucking Sebastian dying.

Fuck *pain

Fuck Castille.
The rest are brothers

Castellians are the jews of Iberia.

Stay mad.

The Dutch had much better straight up better institutions. The VoC proved that the Dutch' superior finance systems were a much better pushing force than the portugese crown-owned trading post empire.

The biggest reason, by far, the portugese were unpopular everywhere they went, the maldives, the gulf of aden, mallaca, indonesia all revolted against the portugese because they pillaged instead of trading.

This political situation allowed the dutch to swoop in and start rebellion to then fill in the power vaccum.

Why did Japan isolate themselves, only allowing the Dutch in? Because the Dutch helped displace the Portugese who captured Japanese as slaves, and were thus, very unpopular.

Gibraltar :^ )

Also

Fantastic war ;^(

netherlands was the first modern nation under jewish control, they were the first good goys

>The rest are brothers

Castilla is just the one sharing the border

/thread
(((protestants))) ruined everything

Eh.

I've been all over Iberia.

North to south.

From my families name sake in galicia to Gibraltar from lisbon to Barcelona.

The only places where I didn't feel welcomed and at home were centeral spen.
And basque but they aren't...family.

>Worshipping the Anti-Christ

I wonder why catholics are so poor and lazy

Says the country that literally invites the eternal enemy in.

How lazy can you be ?

t. Canada

Nice argument.

I truly am beaten :^)

Southerners came into power by numbers.

retard portuguese sephadi jew kike profit over ethnic expansion, profit of the rich over national interest.

how do you look?
would I be bullied in central spen?

>Be from the açores family came from Galicia several hundred years back.

>Whole town is known for being northern portuguese and Galician.

>tallest people on the whole island.
>Everyone has green or blue eyes.
>Light brown hair

>Even our village has a more continental accent than the other villages on the island

Feels God damn good

>Moors so desperately wanting to affirm their whiteness

You look like a someone from the south. Probably pass for a local.

So I'd guess you wouldn't be bullied for anything.

Basque might go alittle hard on you but...they think everyone who isn't them is evil.

Darn my moorish heritage.

there is meme difference between my base ancestry and a basques.

>they pillaged instead of trading.
The ancient Portuguese only did that when they first reached the places. They literally had trading posts everywhere from then on.
The biggest problem was just converting everyone to Catholicism, which the natives didn't like.

Southerners are just northerners living in the south

these aholes are just white spanish.

To be frank. I don't have the most iberian look to me.

Pardon the hair.

you do look like you have spanish ancestry, where did your family immigrate from?

My family namemergency is viveiros

Which is literal 'Of viveiro' which is a very nice city north of Lugo in galicia.

Though my family has lived in Portugal for at least 150 years.

My family name is** thanks auto correct

yeah, you're definitely Iberian.

Funny thought.

Most everyone thinks I'm southern French or northern Lebanese

>viveiro
people think of spaniards as moorish/jewish but never native iberian, because the south is so populated with the typical moorish/jewish people.

Im personally pretty happy that I can call myself a native iberian.

I shit on a buddy of mine who's family comes from the south around cordova.

He gets butt pains

based

He's also

Mexican

Also:

Earthquake
Spanish Invasion
French Invasion
Missed Industrial Revolution
Dictatorship Regime
Colonial War
EU

Can't fucking catch a break.

Not enough people

Brother, do you think we'll ever return to our former glory, we have the best meat, cheese, olive oil, wine etc, our energy comes almost entirely from renewables etc..

Yet we are pathetic, shit wages shit jobs shit oublic education, politicians with no passion, we need a steve jobs in charge,

wtf portugal owned Greenland?

>former glory
No.

>new glory
Maybe someday. We're a bit too small and away from the centre of Europe to profit like Germany/France, or to suck up by proxy like Czechia and Poland are/will be doing.

But I'd say we live pretty well. The country is comfy, the food is great, things are cheap.

We're basically retired. We had our fun, and the good old days are paying for a bit of rest while everyone is taking the Arab dick up their asses and asking for more.

It's a comfy quiet corner, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

They had short lived ports in greenland and in Canada. Though the ports in Canada to this day are major portuguese centers

Do people in new foundland go MUUUH HERITAGE? kek

We explored the coastline and since it was inside our sphere of influence according to the Tordesillas treaty, it was claimed

There are currently more Portuguese in Toronto than Newfoundland (former Terra Nova [do Bacalhau]) and Lavrador.

Our settlements in Canada were just that - settlements. Mostly for fishing. But we didn't have the know-how to build anything in such a cold place.

We wanted Brazil and Angola/Mozambique because the goal at the time was to gather a many resources as possible.

Australian West coast as well. We have "anachronistic" drawings of a kangaroo.

We had to do it all in secret because we couldn't colonise it all AND defend it, but at least we can claim to have been the first in a lot of places.

do you think we have the potential to become an utopia when the world goes to shit ala israel in world war z? We're already almost self sufficient.

Nah. Toronto , Gatineau (Where I live) and montreal are the 3 big areas for portuguese.

And to be fair I've lived in Canada all my life but I still don't full get Canadian culture at times because of how much time I spent in the portuguese community as a child.

I remember when I was...7 or 8 I met Nelly Furtado in toronto at a portuguese celebration

I think portugal can do it.

That's what portugal has done best in history.

Survive as the world around them burns

Maybe. Spain's mountains are a pretty good deterrent, so we can be isolated. We already sort of are.

We'll have to eat a few more migas than usual, since our pecuary isn't particularly great, but oh well, they taste amazing, still. Our lowest effort food is still great.

This is also true. We basically thrive the most when everyone else is having a shit-flinging contest.

We're the stablest country there is, for better or worse.

hehe

Christ that's true

>Image related

>how can you defend a pig-sty with so few pigs
To be fair, that's a pretty nice insult.

Holy fuck going after the unics balls.

SAVAGE.

Quinto Império quando?

>272727
2027?

>Denmark
>White

>stable
I like home because of this.

That feel when my brothers come to my aid

Feels Goodman