Hey Sup Forums, so the battery to my vape blew up in my pants today...

Hey Sup Forums, so the battery to my vape blew up in my pants today. I go back to the burn unit on Tuesday to find out if I need a skin graft. What do you guys think, graft incoming or no?

show your foot

Tits or gtfo

yeah. that's a third degree burn. looks like maybe 2-4% bsa. why aren't you in the hospital getting fluids and being monitored, given pain meds etc?

No one cares, you hippie faggot.

lol

sorry OP, but yeah that's going to need some skin form a donor.

Serves you right for vaping, faggot! Hope you're wearing your fedora

Was it worth it OP?? was it????

My foot is undamaged, burn stops below my knee.

V/\

They released me to out-patient, said it was up to me if i wanted to stay in the burn unit or not. They did give me some oxycodone for the pain, and some cream to put on it. Want to see me back Tuesday.

so was the pen shit tier did you buy a cheap pen?

Wasn't a pen. It was actually just the battery in my pocket by itself that exploded.

It's the black plague, 2 days and you're gone OP

rip

lol I figured since pants don't have pockets in the feet. I just wanna to see your little piggies :(

Im a dude bro

With some change or your keys I assume. Something to complete the circuitry. Always retarded people that don't know general battery safety that fuck it up for everyone else.

Yep, shorted on my keys. I forgot I had the battery in my pocket. I fail to see how this fucks anything up for anyone though. It's not your leg that got burned.

Bro seriously you're going to get grafts. I know from experience, but not from anything gay like vaping

Lol no they are going to get the skin from him retard

How long does it take to recover from the acctual graft? I need to go back to work..

How did it cause that much damage?

Those batteries contain a lot of energy. A huge flame and molten battery acid shot out of the end of it.

What brand and model

What mod and batteries?

The part they are going to take skin from will heal faster than the burnt area, as for the burn I'd have to see more pics but from the ones you provided it doesn't look like you'll need much skin, second degree burns can heal without grafting but needs proper care for infection, and you'll be out for probably a month, unless you can cover the areas and have them not get irritated by clothing

I don't know exactly, but it wasn't a battery defect. It was stupidity on my part.

if you start feeling lightheaded/dizzy call 911

it's a small surface area so i doubt you're actually in danger.

did they already debride it?

The mod wasn't even on me it was a spare battery, that shorted on a piece of metal in my pocket.

You're a fucking idiot. That said, I hope your injury heals fast and that you've learnt your lesson.
Don't fuck with high discharge batteries.

why would you tell me that. Are you implying I want to fuck you?

I doubt that you will need a graft, it doesnt look like you lost too many layers of skin

you're going to have some gnarly scarring, but a graft would be excessive unless they think it will get infected or something

A month...this is not good, I have to work, i have bills and shit and im not a full time employee yet at my job so I have no benefits..

They gave me a scrubber and told me to do it myself...

We get it, you vape

Explain the situation and let us judge whether or not it was stupidity on your part.

Then the thread is misleading.
It should be shorted battery vented in my pocket because I'm a tool that doesn't know battery safety.
Vaping had nothing to do with this.
Battery cases are literally 50 cents.

>its an American healthcare episode...

>They gave me a scrubber and told me to do it myself...

what the fuck kind of hospital did you go to? people can't debride themselves, it's too painful to do it properly

these people are fucking retarded and you need to sue them if your injuries worsen because of this

a Month might be excessive but if you do need a graft it won't be much, it also depends on your job, I was a laborer so I couldn't work for a while, also I said whatI

lol'd
I forgot I had a spare battery in my pocket, along with my car keys. The key bridged the positive terminal of the battery to the side of the battery housing and caused it to short and go into fireball mode.
No one is coming to take your vape, calm down. I swear you guys are such faggots about this kind of stuff.

Mouth fedora

Whas on an assumption that you already cleaned it

I had my girlfriend do it, it was very painful, i took about 20mg of instant release oxycodone and it still was almost too much. Do you think I should go back into the hospital tomorrow and have them look at it, im worried she might not have done it correctly.

>Doesn't look like too many layers of skin
Obvious full thickness burn on mid medial thigh.

Sorry about your graft, bro.

That's because idiots like you, who don't even know the make and model of the battery, do this shit because of ignorance and stupidity. Making everyone who uses a vape safely look like fucking idiots.

Should I post a pic of how it looks post home-debridement to see what the docs on Sup Forums thing?

The make and model of the battery is irrelevant, because it wasn't a battery failure.

Put your mouth around my Fedora, sweet lips.

Can't tell if that's burnt flesh on your lateral proximal thigh or if you were wearing black pants.

It really is relevant, was it a 5a 18650? 20a 18650 or a 40a 26650? Samsung? Sony? Efest?
Higher amp = more kapow.
So what was is fagface?

Burned underwear, lol I'll post pic of how it looks now, give me a minute.

Wrapper was brown, i know it was an 18650, and i want to say 5a. Samsung i think?

Vape naysh yall...

Also, the white stuff is burn cream, not pus. How bad does this look? This is post de-bridement attempt.

That's unlikely.
If it's factory wrapped in brown, it's likely lg hg2 which is a 20amp battery.
It could have taken a huge chunk off your leg.
Was it instant fireball or did it gradually hiss and heat and then pop.
Did they clean you good? Some nasty chemicals inside those cells.

Open up that ipv and show me the battery.

They actually didn't clean the wound at all, they put some silver sulfadiazine on it, and told me to go home soak it later then clean it and debride it. It wasn't an explosion, it was more like a 10ish second release of energy in the form of a white hot jet of fire and molten battery acid.

Different battery in it now. I only had 1 of the ones that popped.

About a year.

Should be out in under a month.

Do you understand battery safety? Build limitations?
What's the resistance and what wattage you running that velocity at?

The battery was not in the vape when it exploded, it shorted in my pocket. On my keys.

I'm on a mission to rip the fattest vape

I have been getting the chills some over the last few hours, could I already have an infection taking hold not 24 hours after the injury?

I know exactly who that is. Lol

lmfao you dumb faggots with your vaporizers

Be a man and smoke tobacco or weed or fuck off. I seriously hope all you idiots with these things have them blow up in your pockets.

3edgy5me

its cancer, OP
but thats pretty obvious since you vape in the first place

That's irrelevant. It can happen if you use the battery out of specs.
You really shouldn't be using a vape seeing as you have no concept of safety.

Could be infection, or it could be the nerves feeling basically shock from the damage to your skin.

Fine, I vape at around 55 watts, and its a .4ohm coil.

Being edgy is using a vaporizer

Or, its just a tool i used to quit smoking, and I enjoy it more than smoking cigarettes.

You know, it gets tiring hearing the same parroting over and over.

Same here. I use to be an almost two pack a day smoker. With my vape, I'm down to about 5-6 cigarettes a day, and working on getting those out of the way.

then use a patch faggot, all vaping does is replace one habit with another

And what battery do you have inside there now?

I have her fb, snapchat, inst. If any interested.

holy fuck user, Looks sore. I've had 2 fucking vape batteries fizz and smoke now - luckily I was close enough to a window to just chuck it. ?
Fucking cheap chinese crap tho.

Samsung 18650-25R Green wrapper.

Vaping means you have no sex life so you just advanced that, inb4 you have never vaped in your life.

You could just not be a bitch and just quit smoking, and this is coming from a smoker. I smoke almost a pack a day and take breaks from time to time that last over a month.

Oh no I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings now

The paper ring at the end of the battery that is supposed to protect from shorts always seems to come off of my batteries over time. Sometimes it doesn't even take that long, not sure why this is.

Not the user you quoted, but I tried the patch. I'd be fine for about an hour, but then my speech would slur, I'd start shaking, and nothing would make sense. Found out I have a reaction to something in the patch. The gum basically set my mouth on fire, and stopping dead led me to rage at any little thing.

The vape is the only thing I have been able to keep my life going at a smooth pace.

If you smoke a pack a day then you understand nicotine, and the enjoyment factor. So it boils down to you just think vaping is for faggots. That's fine, but it's my preference.

Okay you're within its limits.
Your build at 55w is drawing ~12 amps.
The 25r is rated at 20a continuous discharge.
Invest in some battery cases.
Insert and eject batteries with care, if it tears then have them rewrapped.

do you plan on eventually stopping all together though, or are you just gonna substitute smoking with vaping?

I'm and . I did quit for two years before without any help, but that was miserable for everyone around me for about a month. I have a wife and 16-month old, so I don't want to make their lives horrible due to being a fucking idiot with zero help.

I do, but I'm not a dumb faggot that places the blame on something as stupid as a nicotine addiction. I just enjoy the taste.

Thank you for the info user. I'm not afraid to admit that I didn't know basic battery safety, I just never thought anything of it. Now I know.

It's boxxy nigga, stfu

>I did quit for two years before without any help, but that was miserable for everyone around me for about a month
So what about the other 23? You just blame your misery on not being able to smoke? You're a shit head

I plan to stop fully when I can get away from cigs. The vape is nice and all, but not something I want to do long-term.

I didn't blame it on nicotine addiction, I just said it's enjoyable, that's why I do it. I was an alcoholic, I am now two years sober, vaping is the one vice I hold on to.

OP can you sue someone?

If you're man enough to handle it. Epson salts baths a good new clean pair of medical scissors. trim the dead skin away so it don't look all fucked up when it heals. that is if you don't get grafts.

i wish it had blown off your penis
you are stupid for even vaping

Safety first man.
Learn ohms law and you'll be better off.
I label my batteries like in this pic

thats understandable. I just get frustrated when people say they're vaping to help stop them from smoking cigarettes and then two years later they still depend on a vape.

No it's negligence on OP's part.