Yesterday was my last day in the USmilitary. Ask me anything and I promise it will be depressing

Yesterday was my last day in the USmilitary. Ask me anything and I promise it will be depressing.

Did you pussied out or just ended your journey?
And would you reccomend it to anybody.

Whats your favourite pizza topping?

Contract ended. The entire experience was the biggest pile of shit you'll ever see in your life. No on cares about you so don't do it.

Meat lovers. Fuck veggies, they distract from the fun.

Explain in detail user

any interesting stories OP?
did you ever go overseas to kill any sandniggers?

Explain why anyone would want to join this shit and I'll try to debunk it. The only thing to look forward to is the minimal comradery. Even then it's an entire clusterfuck.

What was an average day like for you?

I'm a navyfag OP who got stuck with a stateside NEC that relates well in civilian life to the point where I can make money for the rest of my life doing what I learned. So nothing short of some fag running into an RDC (drill instructer?)'s fist

Millitary ID or gtfo.
I lost it isn't a fucking excuse.

Go home with hating my life knowing nothing they try to sell you was true and drinking myself to black out status so I can get up in the morning and repeat.

Thank you, I'm sorry and carry on with the good anime taste. :)

You're such a faggot I'm not even going to hold you to it. I still have mine because I haven't turned it in yet at my PSD appointment.

Was it worth it?

Fag.

Not for anything I lead myself to believe it was. I joined for personal reasons and it all turned out to be shit. So fuck me.

What were your expectations? Why do you say 'No on cares about you'? Or waht made it so depressing?

>meat-lovers
>yes

Really? No expectations. Recruiter told me one thing and I knew it was all bullshit. I joined for personal reasons and found out every reason you think you might want to join will be a lie.

ily2 bbe

>>Yesterday was my last day in the USmilitary
prove it

With my unsat haircut or my facial hair? Can't, unfortunately, I don't have my DD214 yet.

Idk, some people do it for patriotism, others do it because family tradition, others do it to pay their studies, and so on. I'm quite interested because I've been thinking to be a MEDEVAC paramedic, but you're not the first person that I've known that say that all of this is bullshit and it's not worth it.

What makes you really think being that will get you where you want to be in life?

Just a question, OP. My friend's brother is a marine and is a complete faggot. He came out completely different and I think he's been brainwashed. Should i try to argue with his blind patriotism?

Anything but the blood of my friends.
*cries*
*EDGY*

Tell me the worst thing you've seen in the military.

Also tell me the worst thing you've learned

And what about the worst thing you've heard with your ears?

Sounds like he just recently came out of boot camp. If not, then he's probably a lost cause. He'll believe whatever they told him to at that point.

- did you find yourself lacking in self-discipline before joining?
- how do you feel now?
- has it numbed your ability to think for yourself?
- did anyone try to persuade you otherwise, to just get into some group routines or routines involving a coach?

you might get to die though. thats a pretty good bonus.

Med field. So the answer to all of your questions is that your healthcare providers will make fun of you no matter what.

so what suit of power armor did you get? T-60 or T-51?

on a more serious note
is the food shit or not

Honestly I don't know what I want in my life, I want to make something useful now that I'm young, I'd like something exciting and that doesn't catch you on a routine, and being a paramedic I think maybe I'd me more useful saving people. Or this is pure bullshit compared to reality?

>>With my unsat haircut
sure. show hair.

-Nope
-Hindsight is 20/20
-Not for me but I see that anyone that stays in it does. I can go in depth on that but it'd be just rants.
-What? If you're asking if I was brainwashing I was at first I think, but haven't been since boot.

>Or this is pure bullshit compared to reality?

You are on Sup Forums. this entire Sup Forums is bullshit. Reality does not exist here.

I like the way you think.

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet but what field were you in? I just enlisted in the navy last week and ship off in about 10 months.

what kind of career would you have had if you'd paid attention in school?

You're a fag.

On a more serious note, I had a roach in my salad once in the dinning facilities.

By 'bullshit' I mean all the ideas of brotherhood in the army and saving lives. I'd like to know the opinion of someone who has been there, and it's not the first person that tells me that it's not worth it

I'm the mother fucking OP and I say that you're young and no one knows what the fuck they want in life. Being young it's your job to decide that. Military if for a select few. If you want my opinion on it, you can tell by reading my replies. Don't think the military is your only option. Because you have a lot of potential you need to understand before you can realize.

>u dun goofed nigger.

Eat shit and die. For come reason my phone wont let me email myself.

Have you already work with foreign armies? If yes, Is it the same bad atmosphere ?

Why do you say that?

I "shipped off" less than two moths after I graduated high school. For the ever living fucks sake get the shit you think you signed up for in your contract or tell them to fuck off. I was med field and thats what I wanted. But fucking shit man, they tell you RANGERS and you get some other army shit and there';s nothing you can do about it because you were stupid and didn't get it in writing.

89 on ASVAB, chose to join of own free will, eat a dick.

The idea of "brotherhood" is from the friends you make being in the same pile of shit dude. There is no brotherhood. Just assholes being in the same shitpile as you.

I went to school with them. They did everything in their power to not interact with us back when I went to school like 4 fucking years ago.

>>I see that anyone that stays in it does. I can go in depth on that but it'd be just rants
no need to. i know of multiple people that were serving for a long period of time. they struggle with this now.

>>What? If you're asking if I was brainwashing I was at first I think, but haven't been since boot.
more-so just wondering about whether this only happens to people whom aren't that heavily influenced by those surrounding them (friends/family/colleagues).
not necessarily in a good or bad way, just i've always wondered if that's one of the initial agents required for any level of brainwashing to stick...directly converting peoples curiosity into essentially a repeater that takes direct commands and bypasses any level of contemplation in the brain.

you're not very creative with dodging all these requests to prove what you say is true.

calling your bluff.

The first level is they promise you things. Thats with the whole MEPS shit. The idea of boot is to break you down and build you up. Thats a given since the draft I guess. It does work, I shit you not. But no one, save for 5 or 7 of the people I went thru boot with are staying. Being a "medic" that means I signed up for 5 years active and 3 years inactive (meaning they can call me back if need be". But I went thru boot with 100+ people (with my sister div) and the normal contract is 4 years active and 4 reserve.

Did any navy fags in here go into the CT field?

What're you going to do with the rest of your miserable life now that the glory days of being in the military are done?

How long before you suck the barrel of a gun?

Call it faggot. Don't care anymore.

You think you'll join back in the future?

If so why?

Did you try to take college classes while active duty? How plausible is it to get a degree while active duty?

Aww shit nigga aint heard that since boot. The answer is no.

Hilarious. I'm going to make something of myself rather than play the rank card every chance I get.

Not if my entire geneology depended on it.

Because I saiz.

Why did you join in the first place?

You're asking a terrible question.

If you want to get TA (tuition assistance) it will always depend on availability and where you're at. Some commands are harder than others. Trust me. If you want to join the military for college then do Navy for LOLAIRFORCE. But don't join the military for college

That's a feels thread that would take at least 4 posts to explain. Long story short? It's never worth it.

write it fam, keep this thread alive

Im contemplating join the military because I feel I dont have much else to offer

that's a pretty long contract, on-par with the time people spend becoming a doctor.

i can't even think of a promise that would get me interested. it would take some large-scale crisis to even make me raise an eyebrow...and if it's not worse than a housing crisis, i'll still be pretty content.

That's sort of how I felt at 17 (being 23 now) but I promise you sweet user that if I could go back and change it all I would. The military isn't for everyone, that's for FUCKING sure. I'll tell you right now that if you think the military might be the answer to all your problems then you're probably wrong. Seems like it might be an escape if you ask the ol' "vet" here.

I signed up when I was barely 17ish while I was in high school and had a lot going on for me at the time. Not just some "I want to get away" fantasy. If that's what anyone wants to think.

WELL if nobody cares anymore then I will go to sleep.