How smart is Sup Forums?

how smart is Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VQpWQgLcTi8
backwaterreptiles.com/feeders/blue-bottle-fly-larvae-for-sale.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1KG

1KG until a fly lands on it.

Is the jar open or sealed? It makes a difference.

A little above 1kg since flies exert force upon the plate yet they oscillate so no straight weight would be shown

depends if the flies are sitting on the bottom or flying around

Depends on if the flies touch the glass in any way. If not, 1kg.

We need to know whether or not the jar is sealed before making those assumptions, nigger.

I really want to know the answer. post it up OP

2kg

As in their oscillation in air (without landing on the base) affects the weight? Care to explain

I don't know, shakespeare? Harry Potter? I guess it depends on the scales taste

Fucking dumb

Air has weight.

Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga I'm 100% nigga

youtu.be/VQpWQgLcTi8

no
the flys are pushing air at the jar, thus emitting force to it

It will take off.

Retard.

>never passed middle school science class

1.5 kg. The flys will exert a downward force to stay airborne. If they exert a propelling force greater than their mass, they will fly upward.

>engineer

Actually retarded.
The jar is supposedly sealed in this classic example.

The answer is 1.5 kg. If the flies weigh 0.5kg, they have to be exerting the amount of force required to keep 0.5kg suspended, so that adds to the downward force, causing the jar to weigh more than just the jar itself. And yes, we are assuming the jar is sealed.

simplyfied 1,5kg
but it will realistically be something between 1 and 1,5kg

these guys are right

ít doesnt say the jar is sealed

yes

ITT: people who know nothing about Euler.

1.5kg

Since the jar isn't moving there must be zero net forces on it. The flys exert a force equal to their weight to stay airborn. That adds to the weight of the jar.

try to blow against a bit of paper and look how it will magically defy the laws of gravity

If you cant tell the massive purple lid-looking-like thing on the jar then you're completely retarded. Period.

something between 1kg and 1.5kg

That's floating water.

>something other than the given answers...
okay retard

As flies takeoff, or during hover; 1.5kg or slightly above.

Remember that newton's law applies if the flies are hovering exactly, Force up = force down.

On liftoff, they exert a little more force than their own weight, that's how they move upwards.

Likewise, as they're landing, they exert less force as they are dropping, but once they've landED their weight contributes to total weight.

So the answer is actually:

1.0< Actual Weight > 1.5

>being this new

Maybe if he didnt draw like a nigger with a crayon it wouldve been immediately obvious

Bait.

The scale reads
>—
>—
>—
>—
>—
>—

if the jar weighs 1 kg and the flies are in the jar (hence part of the overall jar) then it weighs 1 kg /thread

just a questions but wouldn't the weight be greater than 1.5 kg, the flies need to use enough force to lift themselves and to lift themselves the force has to be greater then .5 kg. Or is that wrong?

You're still wrong. The jar can weigh more than 1.5kg. When the flies are flying upward, the system will weigh for than 1.5kg, and when they are flying downward, the system will weigh less than 1.5kg. The average mass of the system will be 1.5kg, though.
It's like you're actually 10 years old.

>being
>this
>retarded
>

i doubt there will be room in that jar for flies to fly if there is 0.5 fucking kg's of them

>needs to point it out

winrar
exept
>1.0< Actual Weight > 1.5
has stupid/wrong formating

see you stupid cunt

If we're talking retardation, how the fuck are these flies supposed to breathe?

Jar weighs exactly 1.5kg.

After a few minutes of the flies suffocating. Nigger

>The answer?
Imagine what the scale would be if you have a jar with water and fish in it.
The fish never touch the ground just like the flies.

its 1,5 kg but if all flies are flying then its 1 kg

Well mythbuster did a show once with bird instead or flies maybe someone should looks at ont and give thé vids

The real question is the fuck does a fly weigh half the weight of a jar?

The scale reads weight.

I feel bad for your future

Those are some big ass flies at 0.5 kg.

They look like flying percent signs.

%%%%%

>does the scale measure in Kilograms or in pounds
>are we actually on earth?
>if so, where on earth are we?
>is there a lid?
>if there is, what is its weight?
Not enough information.

Oops

1.0 < Actual weight < 1.5

Trick question.
There is no jar, nor scale, and flies don't exist

>comparing water to air
>comparing h20 to 02
>comparing one combination that has hyrdogen to one that doesn't

it's like you're actually autistic

>actually believing m-mythbuster schills
>implying they follow the scientific method in ANYTHING

i know everyone else got it already but the flys are in the air not sitting on the bottom

Typical housefly:

Adult size: 5-7 mm = 0.005-0.007 m
Adult mass: 12 mg = 0.000 012 kg

There would be over 4000 flies in that jar. The scale would show nothing at all, because you have no scale. Because you spent all your life catching flies.

For real tho, it would show between 1-1,5 kg. The flies exert a downward force to stay airborne, a force that varies with their flightpatterns and will oscillate all over the fucking jar.

>Source: Anyone with an IQ score above 35

if the container is sealed then the weight would be 1.5k because the flies have to exert the same amount of force downwards as them sitting, if it were about then in would weigh 1k

>spend all your life
>to catch 4000 flies....

not like you can't bait the flies huh?

-----------OP HERE-----------
the reason the flies are so big is so that you can definitely see a difference between the weights. Often times if i just said 1.0005 kg, people would assume it won't even make a difference.

The Scale should read zero if he calibrated the scale to take the wight of the jar off.

>--------OP HERE----------

...or just buy them online

>---------OP HERE---------

>-----------OP HERE-----------

backwaterreptiles.com/feeders/blue-bottle-fly-larvae-for-sale.html

>how smart idea Sup Forums
>not very

nice autocorrect faggot

well probably 1.5kg probably a bit less, thats like 5000 flies we're talking about

You should have went with a bird. Taking the role as a special-ed teacher, you have to carefully consider the retard derailing effect before choosing an example.

birds use horizontal thrust though so it would be a poor example. especially since at that point the glass jar would be so big so the bird would fly and the bird would have literally no effect on the scale. flies are better

No.

Lets change the example and replace air with water and flies with balls. The jar is fully filled and you add 0.5 kg of balls with a such a density that they float in water. The jar will overflow. The amount of water spilled isw equal to the weight of the balls. Effectively the jar with water before will weigh equal the jar after with balls but less water.

In OPs question, the scales will display 1kg.

Tiny birds like a colibri would be a good example. Or you could just fuck it and say it's a drone that hovers at an absolute standstill.

>-------OP HERE--------

Well, i did say "not very"

underrated post

inb4 >scales can't ready
lolol original and underated :)

just answer the damn question faggot

hahaahahahaahah

no it's equal to the volume, not the weight. that's why boats float, because they displace more water than their weight.

The flies are completely different because they don't float in air. to lift themselves up they have to flap their wings with a force equal to their weight, otherwise they'd fall. So they push down on the air with a force equivalent to .5kg, therefor it's 1.5kg.

It's the same reason why they build airports far away from the city center; if a plane flew over you too low you'd be crushed by the downdraft, which is equal to the weight of the plane. When they first started building planes people thought they could just walk under them. Tragically, this is how one of the right brother died, crushed by the air pressure of his brother flying their plane

As much as I know.. A scale can't read :C

>Tragically, this is how one of the right brother died, crushed by the air pressure of his brother flying their plane

Lol

What ridiculous lies.

believing zeppelin schills

the answer is 1. everybody shut the fuck up

1.5 u fucking retards to fly the flies push the air downward

it's true, but you're welcome to believe what you like. the airplane industry covers up the dangers of airplane downdraft to protect their profits. you're a fool if you believe it's safe to be under a low flying airplane.

I did not even mention zeppelins in my post so I don't know why you'd think I was a shill for the rigid airship industry. but since you brought it up zeppelins are much safer, yes. much like the boat that is lighter than water the zeppelin is lighter than air, meaning that instead of having to push air down to stay in flight like with the much inferior airplane, the air will push the zeppelin up, with no danger to those on the ground. This is why they let zeppelins dock at tall buildings in the early 20th century but you cannot land your airplane in the city.