Ok Sup Forums I have a fitness question and /fit/ is full of faggots

Ok Sup Forums I have a fitness question and /fit/ is full of faggots.

I'm looking to start cycling, i'm a fat bastard.. 5.9 and around 13 stone, im 28 ex smoker.

Is cycling going to kick my ass or would you say it's fairly low impact? and \i'm in the UK, where \i live it's all main roads and fuck all cycle lanes. How easy is it to learn to deal with traffic etc?

I looked into cycle road training but it's all based on workplace groups and family shit

More output than input. Work off more calories than you eat. That is the only way you can lose weight. God speed.

i've lost 50lbs and the phase that stuck with me though all of it was
"PUT DOWN THE FORK."
you got to stop eating or else you stay fat, it sucks.

I know that. I want to build up my general fitness levels while losing some weight

I tried the whole biking thing and it never worked out for me. What made me lose a shit load of weight was only eating until I was actually hungry and eating until barely getting full, not stuffing my mouth and eating when I was bored and drinking 8+ cups of only water throughout the day. Went from 180 to 160 in 1 or 2 months. God speed

youll be beat for the first many tiimes you ride but the more you do it, especially hills, your legs will get used to it. if you're uncomfortable riding in traffic, as it can be for first tiimers, find some trails to ride on till you can control your bike and maintain speed well enough to deal with traffic. i ride a bike for a living and the traffic where i live is retarded. youll eventually learn the way people drive where you live and how to react and shit. and if youre a fat bastard like you say you are, you're gonna want to get a wheel set with a high spoke count to so the wheels stay strong...

OP here, totally agree. My problem is \i don't do much of anything. \i cut out all the shitty foods but i spend a lot of time stuck in the house looking after a dying parent. The cycling is really an excuse for me to get out and do something while hopefully helping with weight loss and general fitness

I was able to lose weight skating with my friends somehow and I had hella fun

I live in the city and dont drive, getting to somewhere I can safely cycle would involve me cycling there through the city.

I honestly don't know if i'm super fat or not.. i'm not healthy at this weight or happy.

I would love to learn but i think im way too old now. At least i feel too old. plus no one wants to see a fat guy on a board or blades

Im 27 lmao I think I lost weight skating and I was pretty big I had a lot of fun learning. Its pretty much just burning more calories than you consume I guess

well then i guess if you dont have noticeable tits or a protruding gut, then just a regular 32spoke would be fine. happy riding op.

Diet you fat lazy fuck.

Sounds fun, but having people to do it with is my issue

slight man tits and gut.

eat a dick, op is tryna change

>lazy
>wants to cycle and lose weight

pick one faggot

Let me try again.
Op 90% of loosing weight is dying. If youre serious about loosing weight you need to find a diet plan and learn about the science. @Bodybuilding.com

Bravo!!!! Cycling is the best thing you can do to lose weight and get fit... and it's great fun too. A transport for London study found if you cycle 15 mins each way to and from work, 5-4 days a week ... you go from the bottom 30% least fit people in the UK, to the TOP 5% fittest in FIVE WEEKS. I'm 48, 133kg and I can cycle 100km in 4 hours on a Sunday morning. JUST DO IT!!!!!

OP here, already started working out a decent diet.

\the cycling is mainly to help build up my core fitness levels. \plus give me a reason to leave the house and not be tempted to microwave a shitty pizza

find a dealer that will sell you a good quality, PROPERLY FITTING used bike. If it turns out you don't enjoy cycling it's not a big hit on the pocket book. you'll hate shit bikes and they end up collecting dust.

Not sure if sarcasm.

Sup Forums has ruined me

You might as well replace the seat with a dildo because only bitches parade around on their road bike for non transportation or non race reasons.

Get an airdyne bike if you're really only in it for fitness.

Yeah been doing some research trying to find the right bike at the right price.

i know i like cycling, used to do it all the time as a kid

my suggestion is to watch what you eat but the biggest thing is portions. eat the recommended portion and if your still hungry then drink water. not soda or any of that shit. if you're still hungry then eat a salad. but don't cover it in dressing or cheese and shit. Biking is gonna kick your ass but stick with it and you will notice that you get better and can go further. When your exercising, your body is going to need more fuel, so remember that. if you're barely eating and exercising a lot then your not gonna get any stronger and your body will pull its strength from muscles.

i used a bike trainer

And mario atomic on Youtube is a great resource. I realize you didn't say anything about the gym but check out his nutrition playlist.

whats your budget for a bike op?

Don't want a road bike. There are some great trails up in the mountain here and most are beginner friendly.

I intend to cycle around, get used to the bike and work myself up to bigger challenges every week or so

Tomic*

£250 but could push that to £300

no idea what that is in freedom credits

doesn't have to be anything spectacular to be fun, one of mine is a 30 year old Peugeot converted to a fixed. find decent steel tubing and research bike fit to death. once you start enjoying cycling you may find eating better to get the most out of it follows naturally. it did for me

Thanks man, will do. Yeah it's hopefully the start of a whole lifestyle change. don't wanna get too much into my personal issues but it's been a shitty few years.

just need something healthy to throw myself into instead of video games, junk food and weed.

look into cyclocross

go to /n/ its a cycling board.