So what's the limit on music?

What's the breaking point for avant fans when it comes to music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4DFRZ_9FXvs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Breaking point?

If you're referring to what's the breaking point with regards to music and non-music, sound organized and/or framed with the intent of consumption is music.

Interesting theory, does not befit my own however so I shall try and develop yours for you.
Does this make most modernist art, as being consumerist art, music? Including Salvador Dali's work and of course the non-production work of Andy Warhol.

Not clicking.

Bump

Is it good? That's all I care about.

if it sounds good to my ears then i like it

Kys

Google "sound art".

john cage 3.14'' or wall noize

>falling for definitions, necessary and sufficient conditions
>not taking wittgenstein seriously

enjoy your (theories)

youtube.com/watch?v=4DFRZ_9FXvs

when it's boring & not fun.
ie. Xenakis is fun AF.

avant kids cant handle this shit

its game over for them

I don't have one. So long as the music is still being done thoughtfully by an artist who is serious about expressing themselves and going about that expression in a way I can empathise with, I don't care how dissonant or non-traditional it is.
Machine Gun is an interesting example because it's got a very clear "horror of war" aesthetic it's going for and achieves it well but often I think Brotzmann is very crude in the way he tries to express himself and on a lot of other works he's done, he's just fucking around with harsh timbres and going into free blowing sessions for the sake of it. I don't dislike this sort of thing because it's inaccessible though. I just can't have an emotional reaction to something when I can fathom what the artist was trying to make me feel.

sure hon

How about the sound of your dishwasher? I think its one of the grooviest and smoothest beats ive ever heard and i say it is music

and how bout the sound of your dishwasher (i.e. your mum)?

theres no breaking point. if its good, its good

I'm really into avant/ experimental stuff.. I'd say my breaking point is when a majority of an album there isn't any instrumentals, just weird spoken word shit.

some of it is nice. speccialy with throat singing and sampling looping

Sampling looping stuff is alright. I'm talking about when it's literally an album of someone just talking into the mic

This album.

Unironically correct.

/thread

They will listen to just about anything because they don't actually have taste nor do they care about the music, they just want to partake in something esoteric and "get it" on a conceptual level.

I wish all of you non-jazz fan dickheads would stop discussing this album.

Most of you probably listen to Radiohead, Wilco, or some other 4 chord rock. Or hip-hop. Or K-pop. Or whatever shit you like - it's all boring to me. You have no right to talk about jazz, especially not anything bebop or free jazz related. If you dislike this album so much, you shouldn't be fucking listening to it in the first place, should you? Fuck off, and get out of my face.

We don't like healthy people with well functioning brain. Get out.

is this copypasta?

Most of you probably listen to Radiohead, Wilco, or some other 4 chord rock. Or hip-hop. Or K-pop. Or whatever shit you like - it's all boring to me. You have no right to talk about jazz, especially not anything bebop or free jazz related. If you dislike this album so much, you shouldn't be fucking listening to it in the first place, should you? Fuck off, and get out of my face.

plen getting emotional over truth

>pss i just listen to field recordings of my mum getting raped

Pretty boring album desu

*tips*

I once attended a full 2h30m performance of the Freeman Etudes by John Cage.

I didn't fall asleep, and I was one of only eight people left by the end of the performance. I consider that my breaking point.

What.