We could be only 20 years from being able to detect signs of life in the atmospheres of exoplanets (by looking for...

We could be only 20 years from being able to detect signs of life in the atmospheres of exoplanets (by looking for things like ozone and complex molecules created by life). How would religious people from your country react if we with 100% certainty confirmed the existence of life on other planets?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1sP01ylAkfo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Many religious people are stupid even within their own religion so I've no doubt many of them would chimp out.

Rather than going
>God made all life throughout the universe
They'd probably refuse to believe in aliens stating that life on earth is the only life etc.

Also the universe is still expanding.

Don't religious people, especially Christians, imply it's an already finished work?

They are total freaks desu.

ayy lmao

>implying they're not already a part of the church

We discovered that the bible lied over and over, they didn't give a fuck and just changed their excuses for being retarded.

I love how they are still trying to make Noah's ark happen. It only serves to discretit and expose how delusinal they are even further.

youtube.com/watch?v=1sP01ylAkfo

>How would religious people react
god/allah/jehova/Cthulhu did it.

I'm religious and don't see why that would be an issue.

Lovely fedoras, gentlemen.

>"We would baptise the ayy lmaos"
>t. pope
What did he mean by this?

In the same way they dealt with any other discovery:
By adding exceptions and "alternate interpretations".

Hell, mainstream Christianity tells you to ignore everything in the Old Testament, meanwhile the creationists who take it seriously like people did in the past are considered crackpots nowadays.

>I'm religious

Sounds more like you are just a generally superstious Sup Forums posters throwing maymays around.

What did he mean by this?

>mainstream Christianity tells you to ignore everything in the Old Testament
No, it doesn't.

We wuz gods n shiet

>Leviticus 19:19 says, "Do not wear clothing of different kinds of material.

>Leviticus 19:27 says, "Do not cut your hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."

Do you even mildly familiar with your religion?

Are you*

I don't know about your particular flavor of special snowflake Christianity but the Catholics say the OT shouldn't be taken literally.

pretty much this

People would be excited, probably not very surprised.
90% of christians here are actually atheists that are just too lazy to leave the church, or stay in because they don't want to lose the numbers game to muslims and the rest are pretty secular as well.