Is it the solution?

Is it the solution?

probably......although the immediate open registration is a bit unsettling....kinda wish they only allowed people who have been in private trackers before or have a screenshot from their WCD account page
>inb4 muh sekrit klub
yes, and for good reason, idiots will be idiots and it will take time to weed them out from the 10k users they are currently allowing. also, i might not kill myself now lol
/endblogpost

yes

link?

So far it seems to be relatively sane, time will tell.

>yes, and for good reason, idiots will be idiots and it will take time to weed them out from the 10k users they are currently allowing

They're at 9.1k, they'll hit 10 today no problem, the vast majority of whom have come from the WCD room on slsk.

Got a link, fäm?

yes

Can I get that link, pls?

for what purpose?

Yeah, I got it already. Fuckin' headass.

I'm not very good with computer stuff...but why can't all of What's torrent files be uploaded to this website? I understand they destroyed all the data, but the torrent files must exist out there somewhere.

Then it's just a matter of the users having the data...which is how it worked before. Right?

Signed up anyway. Looks promising.

>those ads
fuken kek

Why do you have such shit font rendering?

scurry scurry

Addy!

Sorry, I'm an idiot, but is the new what.cd really called Xanax?

I see the asshattery has begun already.

Was it difficult?

xanax dot rip if anyone's interested, desu so far looks the likeliest for a decent What replacement, it's endorsed by a lot of people in the sceme, has the exact same layout and rules as What which is nice.

only a fool will believe any of these sites are legit
it's all one big honeypot to catch desperate what users

It has every appearance of being legit and there are several "knowns" backing it.

Doesn't mean it'll work by any means but it looks a good bet for now.

There are three sites trying to be the next what.
Xanax, which is populated with idiots because of open signups.
NoStream which is run by an idiot who can't stop doxing himself.
PTH which is closed to everyone but 1year HDB users & PTP TM+.

To be perfectly honest, to date the "populated by idiots" model appears to have the greatest longevity potential.

Depends, PTH & xanax opened around the same time and both have roughly the same number of torrents, despite PTH having ~1/10 of xanax's userbase. I'm a little skeptical about the quality checking on xanax's content and the trustworthiness/opsec of its staff.

I mean in general, the "invite only" model hasn't the same degree of resilience as the open model.

In terms of resilience against takedowns, sure, but one of the big plusses of private trackers is depth of content and quality control. It was nice not having to worry about spectral checks for transcodes on What.
Even jpopsuki, which is reasonably closed up has massive quality control problems on its music torrents. You need that thin line of autists to keep things in order.

You can create it yourself in a "room" or whatever /sub the service offers though.

Really, the only people who need the autists, are the autists.

every tracker has had open registration at the beginning

Not PTH

you forgot waffles. also heard of musicbox.eu

what's that
haven't been on a private tracker so i don't really know what you're talking about also im not the guy you're replying to