Why are you not using the superior ceramic knifes to prepare your everyday meals?

Why are you not using the superior ceramic knifes to prepare your everyday meals?

I am. /thread

I eat mostly frozen dinners

they break easily
cant sharpe em

>implying you need to sharpen a ceramic knife

who the fuck slices strawberries

you need to, they get dull with time
like any other knife
just slowly

because i dont like plastic-toy lookalikes

Honestly the whole idea of a ceramic knife seems wrong.

It's a gimmick. Just use a carbon/stainless steel knife

Because they're gay. And it only takes seconds to resharpen a knife.

Probably for in fruit salads, mixed with cream.

Because I use the edge of glory knife sharpener.

because ive a beautiful shun damascan steel santoku and I dont have time for shitty knives

America....

Because I'm not dumb enough to buy a knife I can break.

Because chips user

Use japanese sushimi knives, they're super sharp, high carbon steel alloy mixed with other elements for better hardness.

I wont spend money on things I already have even if they're of a superior material. Not until I need a knife will I buy one.

>other elements
What elements

Earth and fire.

Shun are the best. What line is it?

I don't remember them all exactly but from the top of my head, Molybdenum and Vanadium.

Triggered.

Cos the metal knife I already have is good enough.

Yeah. Usually it's molybendium, vandium, and chromium. I sell knives, not like that cutco shit though.

edge chips. can't really fix it unlike normal knives where you just run it up a honing rod a few times and it's good as new.

The blade of mine broke out of the handle, can't say that ever happened to me in my life with a metal knife.

>Anonymous
Shun and myabi dont have enough carbon in the steel to be a workhorse knife, for everyday shit i go with wustof or mercer. Hard steel easy to sharpen and pretty cheap

The advantage of ceramic is that you can be lazy with them. They don't require honing and they stay sharp for a long time so they're better for amateur cooks and day to day shit.

Steel knives, by contrast, are easier to repair and much more durable, so they're better for a more advanced chef who's going to do butchering and so forth that might damage a ceramic.

They aren't better or worse, they've just got a different set of advantages.

bc i'm poor and they are expensive af

You can get a 5 piece set of ceramics on amazon for less than $20

1.4116 has low as shit carbon content user, all of the steels Shun use are higher.

yeah.. can you imagine how poor i am ;)

because they chip very easily...best bet is to buy a shun or wustoph knife

But that's $20 for more important shit.

Anthony Sullivan is that you

The weight balance is messed up in ceramic knives. Btw. Who ever is slicing the strawberries does not know how to handle a knife properly

HI ANTHONY SULLIVAN HERE, GIVING YOU THE EDGE OF GLORY, THE BEST KNIFE SHARPENER MONEY CAN BUY

>not using obsidian knives

>be me
>being a cook
No decent person who cooks uses ceramic. It's shit. Use a German or Japanese one.
It's like Teflon pans

This.

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't like pieces of ceramic in my food

damn. Can't afford 20$ for knives. Rip

This. I use carbon stainless santokus for just about everything because I actually know how to use a knife properly, unlike the faggot in OP.

Because my wife does all the cooking.

You've got me there. As far as Japanese knives go, my favourite is shun premier. Otherwise you can't beat wusthof classic ikon. God they're great knives. It just depends on your style of cooking, japanese are only good for fine slicing. German are all around the best imho

>Not using carbon reinforced titanium steel alloy micro-compound infused with ceramic AND obsidian
Fucking pleb

Victorinox Fibrox 8-inch chef's knife master race

Carbide or bust.

damascus steel ATW brah

ill be going to japan in a few months, should ibget a knife from there? kappabashi street looks promising

Ok, this is now a knife block thread. Post your knife blocks or sets

God yes, and the price is so good

>wusthof knife block, no wusthof knives

Because i don't suck cocks for a living

if its just for home use most santokus should be fine

folded 10 000 times in glorious nepal

yeah, the block is nice but wusthof knifes are a little too expensive. I have a Victorinox Fibrox, a dexter santoku knife, a damascus steel utility knife, and the rest are random/junk farberware and chicago cutlery. probably spent $100 on the whole set and block. One wusthof knife is that much

>implying amerifats actually prepare meals instead of just reheating components

cause i only use a can opener

I've had them for years. Totally love them.

For anyone on the fence, buy a cheap one from Harbor Freight Tools....6" ceramic knife for like $15.

You're sort of missing the point. You get a japanese knife, like an usuba, for a single bevel blade.

Shuns are double bevel European style and arguing about them versus European blades is basically just wankery.

Adamantium.

I've got the ten inch damascus chef's knife that's a Shun/Kramer collab. It's good.

Also I really got to say this, I've had a full block of Wusthof knives and a full block of Globals, and I vastly preferred the Globals.

Because I'm not allowed sharp things

Because I don't like cocks in my ass.

10 inch faggot

>glorious nepal

This question coming from a guy who slice strawberryes like this