Angry Birds Is Anti Immigration

>Out of all the films I’ve seen this year, this is the one I least expected to have an anti-immigration and an eye for an eye message underneath it. But it’s actually happened. Angry Birds is now a metaphor for the September 11 terrorist attacks.

impulsegamer.com/the-angry-birds-movie-film-review/

Literally what did he mean by this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MD8GSyLaxrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>red bird is actually a red pill for his community

Sup Forums approved?

>there are people who are anti-anti-immigration

What are the benefits of mass immigration tho?

This guy is way behind the times.

>impulsegamer
>movie review
When will these sites drop the pretense and just admit that 'game journalism' is just a union for shitty writers? This guy is awful, he has maybe 2 points to make over the whole piece and spends the rest going over the plot.

Look, it's the internet. Everything goes on here.
If you're looking for quality control and proper editors, you came to the wrong place.

gaming journalism is just advertising branches for game companies brotendo. Always has been.

Shit, call me crazy but those connections actually sound pretty legit. Is this movie seriously about refugees in Europe?

I know that, but this guy using the site as a platform for his garbage movie reviews bothers me more. You can just put 'video games' somewhere on your site and then any idiot who can't write is suddenly a journalist. I know that's true for the whole internet too, but it seems particularly bad in these places.

Well this just became my most anticipated film of the summer.

How much wailing and gnashing of teeth will there be if this, the love letter to conservatism, is a runaway success, and Ghostbusters is a monumental flop?

I think the guy who made this image has a whole wardrobe of tinfoil clothes.

why don't you just subscribe to fucking New York Times or something if you want "actual news"

Why would I need the New York Times when the only writer anybody should need, Armond White, puts everything he writes on the internet.

>main character is literally a red pill

B R A V O

That they've managed to do all this from Angry Birds actually makes the fact this film exists at all humurous itself.

yeah honestly that's how i felt

>trailers didn't actually look terrible
>find out theres political commentary for the adults and slapstick standard fare for the kiddies

it at least attempts to appeal somewhat to the parents who are dragged along to watch it with some slight thought provoking themes kids wont pick up on at all.

and all of this from such shallow source material? credit where it's due

no there where just some meme threads about it on pol and this is just a compilation image. They where very funny threads

Destroying strong communities

dam son

>all the crazy anti-immigrant stuff the nutters on Sup Forums thought they saw in the trailers is actually in the movie

Holy shit this is going to be amazing. I'm going to see this on opening night.

Lmao no wonder critics are so upset

VIDYAKINO IS DEAD

BURY IT

>peddling the 'haha ill just call him a conspiracist xD ;P now he looks dumb and i dont' meme

what are you actually afraid of seeing? it's not like cologne and all that other shit it's apparently referencing didn't happen

>caring about Rotten Cuckmatoes

i'm gonna believe this because fuck it

I just find it extremely hard to believe that there are writers in hollywood who think themselves competent enough to tackle such adult topics, in a movie that adults are highly unlikely to focus on or care about. like those themes could very well be there but they are awfully misplaced in an Angry Birds film

Half of these 'points' have to do with the fucking color of cartoon characters

Pandemics that wipe out the native population.

I suddenly hope this movie does well.

The whole idea of an Angry Birds movie is misplaced. The ship has sailed, does anyone even play Angry Birds any more? Maybe we got a Sup Forums-tier writer for the movie who realized the futility of his task and decided to have a little fun.

Lowering wages and worker's rights.

>The ship has sailed, does anyone even play Angry Birds
yes they do, just like people still play candy crush. gamestop has mountains of shitty angrybirds merch also that sells well enough to still be right next to the register after years

trust me, i was asking the same shit when i saw them selling physical boxed copies of angry birds for consoles, like, "this shit can't ride on its shallow premise forever can it?" but yes, yes it can apparently

I think it's because of that fact that the writer felt he could get away with this.

It makes no sense tonally to make a movie aimed at very young kids have propaganda about refugees and terrorists, or even anything pertaining to world events outside america since kids dont know shit about any of that.

Kids look very angry birds.

It was the first mobile game I played

You're right, it doesn't make sense. It makes no sense at all.

And yet here we are.

what is this supposed to prove?

That it's fucking bullshit
You're better off just asking Sup Forums about a movie instead of trusting fucking losers that write columns in a newspaper about the latest flick

we'll see if more than one reviewer on RT picks up on the supposed propaganda after a few days

They already are. It's why they're giving it bad reviews.

>you're better off asking Sup Forums about a movie instead of trusting fucking losers
Lol, I didn't see that when I wrote it

Sup Forums thought BvS was good and defended it

fucking lol

you would rather only go to Sup Forums for your opinions because they're a bunch of retards who validate each other.

>5 bad reviews
>one mention of propaganda.

It's pretty spot on with the immigration thing. Either it was totally intentional or the accidentally made a movie that has an anti illegal immigration morale.

I think the most admirable thing about it is it COULD be seen as an allegory for illegal immigration lol

Really it's crazy and maybe it shouldn't be looked at like that but:

a bunch of boat people (piggies) wash up on the beach of a happy community (bird island),

everyone welcomes them with open arms and pays no heed to the social outcast guy (red) saying maybe we shouldn't trust them because clearly they're lying

the pigs pretend to be friendly putting on dances and shit and more and more of them arrive.

Then while the birds are distracted the pigs enact their ultimate plan and start blowing up birds houses and stealing their eggs with the intention of taking them back to pig island and eating them.

The birds then need to go to pig island and fuck their shit up and rescue their eggs.

only 3 of them are

Symbolism is a thing that exists in works of fiction from time to time.

BvS is good tho with the exception of the whole bats rising lil' Bruce.

We are probably better representatives of movies than those faggots

>with the intention of taking them back to pig island and eating them
This is where the immigration theory falls apart.

>BvS is good tho with the exception of the whole film
ftfy

>play the game
>"oh fuck these pigs have invaded let's throw ourselves at them to get them OUT"
>retards surprised the movie has the same plot

>We are probably better representatives of movies than those faggots
No.

Crazy Finns.

Sorry, the 97% rating on Supergurl voids all credibility and forever will.

It was 75% good

it was 0% good. get that snyder cock out of your mouth, you're gonna choke dude.

Supergirl is a TV series, it doesn't count.

It's not totally perfect but that's really the one thing which doesn't fit.

Even without them taking the eggs they still provide reason for the birds to go get revenge

Counts enough.

It was just before it's time :^)

sure, you can say it was "before its time", you can say that about every terrible film because "its time" was never coming to begin with

if you are waiting for a time when BVS will be heralded and respected as a good film (aka "its time") then prepare to die waiting

That scene made the movie. Snyder is a fucking visionary

>implying foreign countries don't send all their "eggs" (money) back to their extended families until they can afford to make the long trip over here to gather more "eggs" (money) as well

>I just find it extremely hard to believe that there are writers in hollywood who think themselves competent enough to tackle such adult topics

Zack Snyder and David Goyer thought they were up to the task.

Allegory for replacing the future generations with more immigrant-spawn.

That's because movies aren't actually made by very young kids.
Secret of NIMH, a cartoon that was also aimed at children, had a strong anti animal testing stance.

It would absolutely cross a filmmaker's mind to create a children's movie that would make seemingly no sense until the child who watched it grew up and saw it again.

Note also this is an age where people actively look for hidden meanings in their own childhood movies, and filmmakers aren't oblivious to this.

yeah but BVS is.... i'd say, unapologetically and pointedly aimed towards adults. it's not jarring for a miserable depressing adult movie that advertises itself as such to have depressing, adult themes.

having foreign policy propaganda in a movie that looks like a sequel to RIO doesn't seem like it would work well even on paper

Wage compression.

I saw it yesterday at a preview screening, (we get it on the 12th here in Australia) and I didn't get the anti-immigration message the guy in OP's link did, but I can see where they're coming from. I just took it as a more general message about the benefits of maintaining a healthy amount of scepticism instead of blindly believing whatever someone says.

It isn't though, the plot is about Red suspecting the pigs of having ulterior motives and being right whereas everyone else took their words at face value. After the pigs steal the eggs, he leads the birds to the Pig island to take the eggs back, destroying the pig city in the process.

It's a pretty terrible movie desu, don't bother. The only good gags were in the trailer, and the script is littered with horrible puns. Regardless of the politics you could read into it, it's not a good movie.

don't compare NIMH to any of the braindead trash being discussed in this thread. that movie was also dark as fuck, adults and kids equally could get a lot out of that film.

imagine if NIMH came out in theaters aimed at the same age group in 2016. they would come out crying.

You do make a good point that it makes no financial sense.

But then these are the days where the comics industry is blatantly aiming its products at the wrong demographic so a vocal minority won't bitch at them, and film producers are actually starting to follow suit. Ghostbusters, also by Sony, immediately comes to mind.

In fact it would be surprising if Sony Pictures DIDN'T make a bafflingly bad decision these days.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Brilliant. This thing even looks a bit like Merkel.

Obviously. I was just using it as an example that children's films are made by adults, and that it's known that children's filmmakers are more than capable of inserting politics into them.

Angry Birds, if all this is intentional, feels more like a desperate cry for help akin to that one Brazilian Sonic comic that scrapped every character for the sake of originality. Of course it wouldn't compare to Don Bluth on his worst day.

If they called this character Mercluck or something I wouldn't have been surprised in the slightest.

It's a male bird, though.

Her mouth looks like it would come apart and move up and down every time she talks, y'know like all the Canadian characters in South Park.

this would have been huuuuuge in like 2011/12

Yeah. I was thinking that since Angry Bird was made in Finland, they might be sharing their insight, literally being next to Sweden.

Easy mistake to make, really. She looks like Eric Idle if he drank more.

>Oy vey this movie has subtle anti immigrant propaganda, you can tell by the color of the feathers
>Oh but this latest movie with the gay couple raising a transsexual son getting into hijinks with their neighbors (a blonde blue eyed white woman and black man) has nothing you should ponder on you stupid stormtard

Sup Forumsmblr doesn't give two shits about the movie, you should credit Sup Forums instead.

They're not exactly keeping the immigrants out of Finland either.

There is no fucking way in hell Supergirl is even half that good.

The audience score speaks volumes here.

lol no shit

But why would the Jews tolerate the Muslims?

There's a reason why America wants to keep them out.

Anti mass Islamic immigration?

No shit.

There's a lot of non-Israel jews that are totally disconnected to how Muslims behave and just sort of think the world would be better with more shitskin mohammedans in white countries.

>reference to cologne
what happened in cologne?

"refugees" went on a raping spree in new years eve that got swept under the carpet by the media

Citywide shitskin groping/molesting/raping fest.
More likely than not that it was coordinated beforehand and they targeted white German women

cultural exchange :)

>A lot.

Back in the 80s people weren't trusting of Catholics and Irish people too.

Not to mention there were more accounts of terrorism back in the 80s.

But to a (non racist) extent I agree.

Islam is incompatible with the West.

If anything Merkel is fulfilling Hitlers dream of converting Germany to Islam.

why was it swept under the carpet?

isnt rape bad?

did feminist sjws chuck a fit?

The narrative is what's important, user, and the narrative is NOT refugees molesting everyone in sight.

because bringing criminal events involving people with brown skin to the spotlight is deemed racist in europe

Can't have any anger or people upset about these "New Europeans" now can we?

how deep the rabbi hole goes

>Comparing glorious muslim people to pigs

>rabbi hole
Rabbis live in holes?

It wasn't really.

Australia knows about it, America knows about it.

WE know about it.

I think people fail to understand that criticising a culture is not racist.

>why was it swept under the carpet?
It wasn't.

Speaking of sweeping things under the carpet

youtu.be/MD8GSyLaxrI

Youtube is full of people who gets harrased by border police and refugees, but you never hear about this in news, they're crying out for help but the country and "law" tells them to fuck off

there was basically no media/public outrage out of this given what happened
it literally died in less than a week and that shit is just fucking unacceptable