Are arctic people too based to be white?!

How come they are not white? Isn't the lack of melanin in europeans and asians due to the low rates of UV radiation from the sun in northern regions?

>Isn't the lack of melanin in europeans and asians due to the low rates of UV radiation from the sun in northern regions?

Uh no. It's just another theory.

WE

Low exposure to UV isn't related to latitude alone, there's other factors at work particularly in snow environments. Snow can refract enough light mountaineers regularly get the underside of their noses sunburned.

And there's other factors such as diet influencing skin tone, hunters can obtain their vitamin D from meat so pale skin is only an advantage to peoples with agriculture.

>Isn't the lack of melanin in europeans and asians due to the low rates of UV radiation from the sun in northern regions?
2bh snow and ice can reflect the sun to the point it can give you a tan

t. got a sunburn while i was ice fishing

They have vitamin d rich diets from fishing.

They are in Russia.

Still, didn't they go through lower latitudes before arriving there?

A GAME THEORY

Yeah, nenets don't have a vitamin d rich diet, so they're pretty light compared to eskimos. Not uncommon to find blondes.

The father looks like your average eastern finnish man

And the kids like average finnish children?

The white guy is not their father.

Pic related are Yakuts from Northern Yakutia. As you can see, swarthy as fuck. This whole light pigmentation Asian is the result of getting raped by Russians or ancient steppe people.

they were continental Asians originally, from around modern China.
Two thousand'ish years doesn't change that much. They're actually so new to the Americas that the Norwegians beat em to Greenland.

See some are pretty pale, not all of them, it basically comes down to lifestyle. In order for pale skin to becoma an advantage it must outweight the costs (the risk of sunburn) the original "white" people were practically vegetarians living under forest/cloud cover and thus needed to maximize the vitamin D they were able to produce themselves. Light colored skin is btw somewhat unrelated to light colored eyes/hair in terms of origins.

The original skin color of man is I think theorized to be white (as in some chimpanzees) with all of mankind turning black as the move was made to the African savannah and then light skin re-emerging on two different episodes, one in Europe, one in east Asia. Although arguably all non Africans depigmented to some degree, in melanesians blacks skin re-evolved from lighter skin.

It has to do with diet.

Diet is the largest factor when combined with latitude in regards to skin color.

to my knowledge, Nenets also have West Eurasian ancestry though so they aren't the best comparison

even Mongols, who sometimes show lighter pigmentation, show a little bit of West Eurasian ancestry

I have no clue what derived pigmentation alleles Nenets have though, west or east

whites came from outer space. default color of humanity is brown

I mention this more about the blondism than the skin itself

blondism in general shows some West Eurasian (excepting Melanesians) bias in Eurasia. East Asians and Native Americans don't seem to have 'native' blondism

nah, we're just Greek.
t. Greek

No. Finns are only 6% mixed with Arctic immigrant tribes to Europe.
That's not enough to create this phenotype.