Has there ever been a band that progressed so much during their career...

Has there ever been a band that progressed so much during their career? The Beatles started by writing simply catchy love pop songs like Please Please Me and Love Me Do and were writing experimental pieces like Tomorrow Never Knows and A Day in the Life in a span of 4 years.

Paul kept on getting better after the Beatles too. John regressed and George stagnated.

I would argue David Bowie would qualify.

I'm not saying he's better or worse but in his first 4 years of music he released 3 great (and 1 decent) albums with vastly different styles.

>Debut: Baroque and Novelty
>Space Oddity: Psychedelic and Folk
>MWSTW: Metal
>Hunky Dory: Orchestral glam rock

it was an amazing moment in history.

4 lads with epic banter taking full advantage of their white male privilege in the 1960s to do whatever the fuck they wanted.

I can't speak for the other 3, but John was just a legendary shit-talker with a self-important attitude and the "I grew up an orphan" badboy style. His entire approach to life was loose and goofy, and I honestly do think that was the root of all The Beatles growth. He literally had no barriers anymore, he made his own rules. The other Beatles, and George Martin of course, were just supremely talented and loved the freedom that rolling with a homie like John allowed them in and outside of the studio.

>progressed
>their best albums are their first two

>experimental
>It's not a love song, how progressive!

Nirvana was getting there. If you think about it though alot of bands do that like black eye peas and Maroon 5, blink182. The beatles progressed best! They kinda fell of the bandwagon with let it be.

Hendrix crushed the Beatles in that department in the same amount of time.. he started off pretty far ahead and ended up quite a bit further

Yes. EVERY BEAT GROUP from the early 1960s progressed EXACTLY the same way as the beatles!

Not really, Let It Be is more of a continuation of the white album period because it was mostly recorded before Abbey Road.

You forgot the plastic soul and funk phase.

well The Bends is still a major progression from Pablo Honey

Yeah, they're called the Beach Boys.

I was only talking about his first 4 years since that's what op said ("in their first 4 years).

If I were talking about his whole career I'd be listing a LOT more genres.

statement still stands. One of their worst alongside MMT

King Crimson.

>Paul kept on getting better after the Beatles
no he didn't fuck off clt

>mfw you just singled out their third and second best albums, respectively

Sargent Pepper
Abbey road
White album

>The Beatles and The Kinks were the only beat groups in the 60's

pardon?

Magical Mystery Tour is their best album. Are you retarded or brain damaged?

listen to tomorrow never knows and tell me that wasn't absolutely fucking earth shattering for 1966, you avant teen scaruffi twat

THE

FACT

THAT

Sure, Animal Collective.

SO

>sargent

This. They went from garage band to making bachian art musique in 3 years. Every artist mentioned ITT were followers

MANY

BOOKS

STILL

NAME

THE

I would argue that they didn't progress as much as they just let themselves make the music they always wanted to.

The Beatles in their early years weren't that much less talented than them in their later years, just more surpressed.

BEATLES

AS

"THE

GREATEST

OR

not a band but Scott Walker

THE

OF