Had surgery to cut off loose skin 3 days ago, after losing 100+ lbs. ask me anything

had surgery to cut off loose skin 3 days ago, after losing 100+ lbs. ask me anything.

used to be floppy skin hanging on the bottom of the stomach. was frustrating. waited a few years after losing the weight to see if the skin would shrink on it's own; it didn;'t.

How fast did you lose the weight?

It was pretty fast; if I'd taken it slower the skin might have shrank more on its own, but who knows. It only took about a year or two. I did it mostly with strength training, as cardio was really hard on my knees when I was near 300lbs. It was more enjoyable to lift weights. Made diet changes too, obviously; quit drinking alcohol for the time being, stopped all snacks and desserts, no soda etc.

Looks like blood is squirting out of your stomach in the first pic. What is that?

how tall are you?

Why'd you ruin your already ugly body with a tattoo?

They did a decent job though

how has this affected your ability to suck dick?

I fucking hate fat people. Proud of you OP for not being a lazy cunt :)

Probably has a catheter for drainage.

Dude went from American fat, to European fat! Well done skip!
Next step, Asian fat, then gay fat, then fit!

You need to tell all the fat anons how much bigger you dick looks now. They need the motivation.

>lazy
>fat

>Implying you can't pick one

6'

That's a drain tube. They took it out yesterday. Helps keep fluid from building up.

u mad

I'll probably be able to get it even farther down!

I hated myself big-time when I was fat. The self-hate is what drove me. That, and I want to be able to show my family they can do it to. I have overweight people I care about that I want to inspire to change themselves.

I'm getting there. Also, the entire area has mad swelling right now. It's still really inflamed from the surgery so it's not quite what it looks like.

Those A cups belong to a man!?
Looooool...
Damn I love being eurotrash.

You have the same phone case as me OP, how much did surgery cost?

hey op if by chance you happen to get fat again, would the skin expand again?

5500. Was worth, I'd started putting a little money away when I started losing weight, I figured this might be necessary.
Yep. Skin's good at stretching. Not so good at shrinking.

How did you get that fat in the first place OP? I always wonder how people can get so fat. It doesn't happen overnight and nobody really likes getting fat. Everybody knows what you should do if you lose weight, it's not rocket science (at least, that's what I think).

Nope. He would literally assplode.

I had been moderately athletic in middle-school, played sports, then my family broke up and before I was 17 I was on my own. Worked in a cubicle, didn't exercise, ate poorly, drank a lot to forget my troubles. It happens fast. Really fast.

Parents installing a bad set of values into their children is a big reason I think.

>Everybody knows what you should do if you lose weight, it's not rocket science
Not really, there's a lot of misinformation with the huge dieting industry and everything.

btw I'm not op

Not op but for me I got fat around grade 4-6, (10 years old) didn't know any better, and didn't think much of it until high school. By then it's a bitch to get rid of, sugar addiction, used to lazy and poor meal choices

Why would I be mad, I have neither an ugly tattoo nor an ugly scar on my belly

What diet did you opt for? Ketogenic?

what's gonna happend when you will turn into a fat fuck again?

post a pic of when you were fat

do you plan doing something about that scar? like a plastic surgery or covering with a tattoo

He probably just took DNP
>inb4 fatties cant take it

OP here, the parents thing is spot on. Both my parents came from really poor families, lots of kids; food was both a comfort and a luxury for them. Over-eating and bad eating habits get passed down like bad genes.
>implying my tattoo isn't based as fuck
It was basically an ad hoc paleo diet.
I'd kill myself before I let that happen.
as long as I watch myself I'll be alright. I put on muscle easily, I just also put on fat easily if I'm not lifting weights.

Not sure what I'll do; I could get another tattoo for sure. Surgeon said the scar in my case is actually likely to be fairly faint.
i don't have many before pics but here's one of my fatass moonface

why do you still have tits?

>implying my tattoo isn't based as fuck
it's not.

bad pic. like i said, there's a lot of swelling and inflammation in the whole torso right now, as well as water from hydrating a ton.
k

Fuark, man. Mirin' hardcore.

That your back? If so, what do you do to hit your rear delts? Mine are weak as fuck because I was a moron and never trained them. Muscle imbalance isn't fun.

Got any pics before the weight loss?

After awhile, I moved delts to its own day. I used to do pressing delt motions on chest day, pulling motions on back day. When I switched shoulders to their own dedicated day, things improved.
see and here; this was actually about 30-40 pounds lighter than when I was at my "worst."

You need a better haircut, m80. That a hairline, or do you just have a big forehead? Not throwin' shade, just asking.

Another former fatass, by the way.

congratulations on the weight loss, op

You're not wrong. I'm growing it out now, actually. I've got nothing but time; went back to school so now all I have to do is school and my fitness goals. I'd like to do some local competition for fun within 1 year from now, that's my medium-term goal.
thanks~

How did you motivate yourself to lose all this weight? I am looking to lose some weight but never get motivated enough to do it.

Not, OP, but Im a former fatty mcfatfat (~270 to 175) you need to first and foremost evaluate your relationship with food. There's ZERO chance of you losing weight in the long term by exercise alone. It just won't happen.

Do you eat to make yourself feel better, or does eating make you feel comfortable?

I looked at my dad, honestly. He's what I would have ended up if I never changed. I didn't want to end up like that. And I didn't want to lose my chance for self-ownership. If you don't take control of, and own, your own body, you don't have anything.
And the old cliche about loving yourself if you want anyone else to - there's no way I could love myself when letting myself be a fat mess. Also it's impossible to get well fitting clothes if you don't!
Very true and solid advice. As I said earlier, parents handed down bad eating habits and a bad relationship to food, which was a big problem.

How does it feel in terms of space? Like do you still do things thinking you occupy more space?

looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

died of laughing

It's only been a few days, so the entire area is still numb (and very swollen), but I can already tell the difference. Before, when I'd bulk-and-cut like most amateur bodybuilders, there'd be almost no difference in what my lower torso would look like. Because it was hidden behind flappy skin no matter what, it didn't seem to matter - the rest of me would look different, but not there. Now my efforts will actually reflect the work I put in.

I'm 18 years old, weighing 255 pounds. I just can't keep my food intake down. It will be good for about a month before i indulge in soda and fast food again. I regularly go to the gym and lift but it doesnt seem to help. Any advice?

>Buttoned bottom button

Yeah, he's from a poor family alright.

Dat alliteration though

Switch to diet soda, for a start.

I've lost 140 lbs over the last few years and I'll be looking for this survey once I lose about 30 more.

How much did it cost?

How much did your face change when you lost the weight? And how fast did you lose it?

I thought everything about diet soda was bullshit?

I'm just a poor boy
From a poor family.

5500. Cost varies drastically by region, though. You might even find a better deal by spending a weekend on a trip, if you live somewhere where it's expensive. Take a weekend trip to Miami or LA or something.
Face changed HUGE. Compare - to Not everything. Eliminating calories is almost always a good thing. Calories in/calories out. But some people switch to diet soda and then eat more thinking they can do so guilt-free.

>capcha: select all the pictures of pie
fuck you capcha

I can usually control my eating, its so much easier to sit there and drink 3-4 sodas per meal though. Plus during games it could be 1-2 per hour.

Oh, then yeah. Switch to diet, not a big deal. Spare yourself the calories, at least.
You can then work your way to wean yourself down further - start replacing some of the diet soda with flavored, 0-calorie water/sports drink, carbonated water etc. Now I only drink water, no-calorie sports drinks or 0 calorie flavored water (crystal light or whatever), and maybe a diet coke if I need caffeine to get through a class or something.

How did you gain the weight initially? It seems like allot of work. I've been trying to gain weight, but I have not had the dedication to succeed.

People will tell you this is BULLSHIT, but it's fucking NOT.

The first thing I did when I started losing weight was stop drinking soda. What happened with that was I'd abstain for a week or so, then I'd have one because I was a weak willed cuck, and then I'd feel so fucking down and depressed about it that I'd say fuck it and just keep drinking soda.

Repeat for a few months, and I said fuck it, I'll switch to diet sodas. I tried abstaining again, but when I felt like I wanted to break, I'd drink diet soda. Removing calories from your diet, however you do it, is beneficial.

Now that I didn't feel depressed about breaking down and drinking a soda, I would drink them less and less. Eventually I quit drinking them all together. It's a slow process. Fitness is a marathon, not a sprint. Change things over time instead of thinking you need to do it over night.

Some people might succeed with that, but not everyone. If it didn't work for you before, then change it up. Find what works best for you and stick with it.

It took me.... three years? Yeah, about that, to find something that both worked and I enjoyed. I'm still a little off my goal weight, but once I hit it, I'm gonna start training for strongman.

You can't just start losing weight for the sake of losing weight, just like you can't quit smoking cigarettes for the sake quitting. You need a real, visceral reason. Everyone has their motivation, dude. You just gotta find yours.

good job OP

don't get fat again now u stupid cunt

Drank a lot. At a lot of snacks when drinking. Ate fast food regularly, drank a lot of soda.
Gaining weight in a good way, well, go stock up on steaks, m8. Buy big bags of potatoes, they're cheap and calorie dense. Eat potatoes and steak all the time.

user is right.

You have to have an intrinsic reason for wanting it.

Also good luck on your strongman training. I pulled my groin badly a few months ago and my strength felt like it evaporated.

thanks user~
I promise.

can we see you fat?

It looks good

What do you mean intrinsic reason?

Good on you. Trying to lose weight, 6'3" and 230 but no muscle really. Probably 60% of my caloric intake is from beer and alcohol. Just trying to switch to veggies, grilled chicken and stuff so I can maintain my alcoholism. Gonna buy a pull up bar and start a body weight regimen.

You have to have a REASON. You can't just say, "well, I want to lose weight."

Why do you want to lose weight? What's your drive? Your passion? From where do you draw your will?

If your reason to lose weight is simply, "to lose weight," then I'd be the last person to bet on you losing weight and keeping it off.

Oooh, ooohhhh. I can help with this. I used alcohol to "treat" my depression when I was fat. My best advice is to cut the beer and the sugary mixed drinks and switch to vodka soda. It's a godsend.

It has to be something internal that is also a part of who you are. You need to find a motivation that is part and parcel of what kind of person you are.
Yeah, beer especially is difficult; so many calories, carbs, and for me at least makes me make bad food decisions.

I want to say congratualtions for bettering yourself instead of saying something mean. Sup Forums forgets to do that sometimes.